Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Killzone 2 is sounding like an insanely good multi-player game!

First off, it's the first PS3 game to offer private in-game voice chat. You can conference with people on your team of your liking in private on a seperate channel than the rest without bothering the rest of your team just like xbox live allows. (except this is free
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE said:
Unique to Killzone 2 multiplayer is the way it handles squads in parties. While players can run around and gun at their leisure online like any normal shooter, players can group themselves into active squads on the fly to create mini in-game cohesive units that have a dedicated chat channel and improved team functions to get small objectives done. This helps organize some of the chaos on bigger maps—especially in the objective-based multiplayer.

Secondly, it offers jobs like TF2 and Sub jobs like FFXI

QUOTEBasically, you select a primary job—drawn from your basic sniper, scout, engineer, medic, heavy, demoman, and solider-style Team Fortress 2 classes—and your secondary job from the same pool. Each job has a primary and secondary ability called badges that are combined when you mix them into a hybrid class. So, for example, a player who plays a pure "Medic" has access to a primary badge which revives dead players and a secondary badge which throws med-packs.

The same players switches to a primary of "Assault" and a secondary of Medic to create the "Assault Medic," which has double armor and the ability to throw med-kits. This lends itself to a ton of permutations, including my personal favorite, the robot-master "Engineer Tactician," which can create an automated turret with its primary and call in an air support sentry bot with its secondary.

Lookin forward to this, I didn't really like the first killzone but this one looks like they learned from their mistakes.

edit: forgot to add the link to the whole article
http://ps3news.com/PS3Online/killzone-2-mu...-tf2-with-ffxi/

lots of more info in there about clans and clan "valor" that looks neat

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. This could be the PS3's killer app. Just like Resistance: Fall of Man. Sony will have to do better before I regret selling mine.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think Killzone (be it 1 or 2) is a bad game.
It's just that the creators hyped it too much with their over-the-top CGs, and if they don't deliver exactly that people are gonna be disappointed and bash it.

They did it for Killzone 1, and they're doing it again for Killzone 2. (KZ2 old CG vs real-time demo)
The quality difference is already showing, I won't be surprised if the retail version is not as good looking as their 2007 demo.

Games need a little hype, but too much hype = disappointment. Remember Halo 3? It didn't take a full month before stores refused buying back Halo 3 because they had too many used copies. (Well, would vary from store to store, but still)

I think Killzone 2 hype is quite dead, but I'll say it'd still be hard to receive "It's up to my expectation" feedback.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they are hyping this up like crazy. 4 years in production.

Although I've been reading articles that say Killzone 2 looks almost as good as the CG demo. Like it's good enough looking that it isn't a dissapointing difference.

I;m not going to grab this right away I don't think though. I think I'll go for resistance 2 before this. (have you seen the video of the giant 300 ft boss battle on r2? sh*t looks nuts)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Elite Beat Agents
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hell yeah
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
    Jayro @ Jayro: I'm Slenderman.