Hacking Kirby only needs 4.1

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know that I can confirm that Kirby Star Allies only requires 4.1 to play, however I read that later releases of the cart will require a newer firmware, this I cannot confirm.

So if on 4.1 and don't plan to update. Pick up Kirby today. That is all.

Reactions: m_babble

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let everyone know that I can confirm that Kirby Star Allies only requires 4.1 to play, however I read that later releases of the cart will require a newer firmware, this I cannot confirm.

So if on 4.1 and don't plan to update. Pick up Kirby today. That is all.
Too bad the demo won't download unless I update the system.

m_babble

Elder Phantom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up. Will likely pick it up today, seeing as I don't plan on updating. Fingers crossed Runner 3 works on 4.1!

EDIT: Will we be able to apply their day 1 patch without it updating the system firmware?

Last edited by m_babble,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the heads up. Will likely pick it up today, seeing as I don't plan on updating. Fingers crossed Runner 3 works on 4.1!

EDIT: Will we be able to apply their day 1 patch without it updating the system firmware?

Probably not. It's advised if you want Kirby, buy it now because I'm sure there will be revisions carts soon.

eskinner3742

GBAtemp Professional Lurker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not

Yeah, also hoping Hyrule Warriors will work with 4.1. And I have deleted all internet connections for my switch so I can't say whether or not you can update. Sorry.

Too bad the demo won't download unless I update the system.

Let me add this, I have not been super impressed with the newer Kirby titles. While fun, I don't think they really did much to breath that new life into the series. But for some reason, Star Allies is a really fun and new Kirby title that I enjoy. If you like the classic platforming Kirby games, specifically Kirby SuperStar, you will love Star Allies.

Last edited by eskinner3742,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it was obvious before release that the carts wouldn't require 5.0.0. That update didn't release until this week, and the carts had to have been shipped out by then. Just can't get the update from what I hear.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not being argumentative or anything, again just thinking out loud but didn't Zelda or Odyssey come with a day one update.... I'm probably wrong bruh, my heads a little fried this week
Not from what I recall (though for Zelda its been over a year so I may not remember). And even if they did, the update wasn't required to play the game, which is what I was talking about.

Reactions: peteruk

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not from what I recall (though for Zelda its been over a year so I may not remember). And even if they did, the update wasn't required to play the game, which is what I was talking about.
Zelda had a day 1 update on the Wii U for sure. I don't remember the Switch needing it, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1