• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kiwi Farms is finally no more. Cloudflare, hCaptcha and DDoS-Guard dropped support for the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because when I use words, I actually know what they mean.
No, you don't. Because if you did, you would be aware that positions like free speech absolutism are self defeating impossibilities. KiwiFarms exists to suppress the expression of others. Ergo, to protect free speech, it is objectively the most correct point to deplatform them. Besides, they are using other companies' platforms to organize their activities, so it's actually not even a free speech issue, unless you hate private markets and want everything to be publicly owned.

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yaawn, whatever. I'm not doing this to entertain you

...Clown...
People didn't build Rome just to collapse, but here we are. ;)

I only reply to him when he makes a substantive objection to my posts. Something he hasn't done for several weeks now :^

Don't lie. You are only trying to convince one person by saying so.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if it has been posted already as I can't be bothered to wade all the way back through at this point but interesting video that summarises a few things, largely dodges the partisan problem that seemingly many care to indulge in, and offers some alternative points to the rather twisted logic I am seeing in what little wading I cared to do.
In Defense Of Kiwi Farms by ShortFatOtaku

Channel in general is worth checking out as well.

• Haha

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, the truly non-partisan video: A video by a guy who's a fan of Paul Joseph Watson and constantly rails about SJWs. LMFAO
There's literally no such thing as "non-partisan" left anywhere. Are you gonna tell me you are not a leftist? Also you're not refuting or even engaging with anything he said.

• Angry

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's literally no such thing as "non-partisan" left anywhere. Are you gonna tell me you are not a leftist? Also you're not refuting or even engaging with anything he said.
I don't value the opinions of YouTubers who get irrationally mad at black characters in media, for the same reason I don't value yours.

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh? This thread still going strong? i thought we all agree that people who bully people for being trans or gay are assholes. and people are still defending them? bruh.
Delusional people have convinced themselves that if you don't let people online stalk, dox, and swat you, you're a fascist. They aren't convincing anyone else, though, hilariously.

Reactions: Xzi

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
huh? This thread still going strong? i thought we all agree that people who bully people for being trans or gay are assholes. and people are still defending them? bruh.
Unfortunately there are still people who believe harassing, stalking, and bullying lgbt+ is still considered freedom of speech. Which it’s not, it’s actually not. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to stalk, harass, bully, etc. there’s are why those actions are and should be met back with hostility.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
@Nothereed We have some new gold for you!
How long till Nothereed updates his siggy with the shit that people said on here
I was not expecting this....
But I'll run with it. I'll find it in a bit lmao, presuming there is actually something and this wasn't a joke that went right over my head.

Edit: I really should stop trying to keep my hopes high that I don't think I'm going to see the kinds of things I'm going to expect. And then I am disappointed because I do see what I was expecting.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: The Catboy

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
"Defending freedom of speech" definitely sounds a lot better than the unabridged version for this situation, which is "Defending freedom of speech with regards to illegal messed up stuff and the organisation and execution of said illegal messed up stuff." It's quite telling which kinds of speech people come out of the woodwork for, hence why its usually preferred to avoid references to the actual speech and just be as general and vague as possible. Man, I love rights. Free speech, yeehaw. Speech.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Defending freedom of speech" definitely sounds a lot better than the unabridged version for this situation, which is "Defending freedom of speech with regards to illegal messed up stuff and the organisation and execution of said illegal messed up stuff." It's quite telling which kinds of speech people come out of the woodwork for, hence why its usually preferred to avoid references to the actual speech and just be as general and vague as possible. Man, I love rights. Free speech, yeehaw. Speech.
Yep. If you have to obfuscate what you're defending, you probably shouldn't be defending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone