• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Kiwi Farms is finally no more. Cloudflare, hCaptcha and DDoS-Guard dropped support for the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
City, I know you'll read this even if you want to pretend you don't. I know you're gonna go over this reply again and again.

Talk to your therapist. Vent to them about how you feel, and how you're reacting to people online. This is not healthy behavior. Even if we don't all show it right now we care about you as a human being fundamentally and want you to get help.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
City, I know you'll read this even if you want to pretend you don't. I know you're gonna go over this reply again and again.

Talk to your therapist. Vent to them about how you feel, and how you're reacting to people online. This is not healthy behavior. Even if we don't all show it right now we care about you as a human being fundamentally and want you to get help.
This is true, I'm not trying to start shit with City. I probably share some blame here because I started slightly hostile by saying I didn't respect them from an earlier instance of them needlessly losing their shit at me earlier. But all the same, I don't want to piss them off or hurt them, I don't want to fight with anyone, I just want to be able to properly discourse on genuinely complicated issues with lots of angles to approach them from.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
somehow the link to kiwi farms still works on there
Hm? I thought we won the battle. Know Your Meme said that the website could no longer be accessed last time I checked...

... wait what, City can't make up his fucking mind? Tell me something new.

Judging by your other posts, it's clear that you lack the fundamental ability to understand the English language properly.

HOLD UP, WHAT?! LMFAO, HE USED THIS SAME SHIT ON THAT OTHER THREAD!

Why the fuck is he using baseless and pointless insults if everyone very goddamn well knows this doesn't work? How the hell did he downgrade into using such a stupid coping mechanism?

I used to have a similar mentality as this months ago and before that. If y'all allow me, I'll be the first to say -- yikes.

Also can I just say, I find it very gross that some would suggest someone as incredibly bigoted and transphobic as Crowder is actually trans himself

I'm not sure if all bigots are like this because they're just assholes or because they don't know how to cope with something, but the odds, as I see it, point to "could be improper coping" because I exist. I say this being straight...-ish because recently I let my hair grow longer than usual because I want it to be longer, and now I don't want to see even the most smallest moustache/beard on my face -- if I do, I go and shave every nook and cranny of that area. Not that I wasn't used to the r-word or "autist" as an insult pre-(late) diagnosis of ASD.

Then again, I got rid of the conservative mentality mid-year, having aged 16, alongside a few visits to the psychologist, so it's probably me being a stupid child, not knowing better and picking up the same political ideologies from my family, then taking them to the extreme.

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To address what I've read on this post:

I don't believe "taking down" this website how it's described is a freedom of speech issue. They're not even taking it down, cloudflare and others are just saying they're in breach of TOS, so they have to find other people willing to let them use their DNS/other services. That's a TOS problem, and not a freedom-of-speech problem, much like in the same vein as FB, and their over-zealous censorship. it sucks, but you're not posting on a public place, you're posting on a website that is privately owned, and they can control what kind of content they want or not. now if it was the US government blocking access to it, then that is a freedom-of-speech issue. Saying Cloudflare and other providers blocking KF is a freedom-of-speech issue is like saying GBATemp has a problem with freedom-of-speech, because they don't allow everything to be said on here, but upon signing up for GBATemp, you agree to their terms, therefore, you agree not to post stuff they don't want you posting. You don't have to use GBATemp, and you can go somewhere else; they're not actively blocking your right to freedom of speech in that regard.

It's great that companies are taking strides to make crummy websites like this less accessible, and it will help in the long run, but it's not going to kill the mindset in general. You are absolutely right that these people will find another platform to be shitty, they always do, but it's not a bad idea to be proactive and fight them when they pop up.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want anyone to take away from this thread is that websites like KiwiFarms don't pop up out of nowhere, they are symptoms of greater social ills that we can fix through social policy and programs designed to value human life. Whether you agree or disagree one thing is for certain that, while there is no excuse for the actions of the individuals who post on that site, there are things we can do more collectively through social programs to stop people from reaching the point of mental illness and social ostracization that allows them to be radicalized and post on these sites.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
They did. It's like this. You are saying that these people with outrageous beliefs should be censored and burned out so that a free and open society can prevail. It's peak satire. On top of that, you are suggesting that they are fascists, which is clear projection when you are using fascism to silence them as they are unable to do anything. Jayro has a habit of saying things that would cancel his ability to say things if the ideals he espouses were to be true. Basically, he supports his own censorship if we are to assume that he is consistent.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: the bread's too big for yours (and, before you ask, waaayyy too big for mine lmao)