Kojima Inducted Into the AIAS Hall of Fame and Talks About New Game

j24pwvcpiyttvf2uefg4.jpg

As reported earlier, Kojima has been inducted into the AIAS Hall of Fame on February 18th during the 19th D.I.C.E. awards ceremony:

A few hours before his keynote presentation with Guillermo Del Toro, he was interviewed by GameSpot. He talked about his new responsibilities that come with his own studio, new challenges to be tackled and also about the new game his studio is developing with Sony. What can be highlighted is that he wants "to do something that gives a lot of freedom and interactivity" and interestingly mentioned the following:

[...]I want to make something that will have a big enough impact to become a series. By impact, I mean from the things that are unique to the game, the characters, and the world. This impact can lead into something outside of games, such as anime, manga, figures; something that is rich enough to expand.

We just have to be patient in order to discover what he has in the works.

:arrow: Read the full interview here.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I want to make something that will have a big enough impact to become a series. By impact, I mean from the things that are unique to the game, the characters, and the world. This impact can lead into something outside of games, such as anime, manga, figures; something that is rich enough to expand."

I'm sure he'll manage it, but just wish he'd concentrate on an actual game, rather than franchising / how much he can milk consumers for.

Clearly he's always fancied himself as a story teller (obviously using other peoples material) but merchandise, etc. I love Hideo, and have fond memories of his games. I'd hate his legacy to be akin to Sony

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.