Hardware Kokatu's hands-on with the 3DS Slidepad Expansion Pack

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zanfire said:
do people really keep game systems in their pockets anymore these days? who doesnt want to look sexy with a big rectangle bulge in their pants XD. I never felt comfortable with my DS in my pocket...and it was worse with the PSP. I either put in in my car or in my laptop bag when i use it somewhere, but i never play it outside at random ( i dont think many people do, you tend to know when you have time to play it)

but either way i use it at my house on the couch or w/e most of the time anyways.
They don't these days. They put their phones/ mobile devices in their pockets nowadays.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zanfire said:
do people really keep game systems in their pockets anymore these days? who doesnt want to look sexy with a big rectangle bulge in their pants XD. I never felt comfortable with my DS in my pocket...and it was worse with the PSP. I either put in in my car or in my laptop bag when i use it somewhere, but i never play it outside at random ( i dont think many people do, you tend to know when you have time to play it)

but either way i use it at my house on the couch or w/e most of the time anyways.
I'm the only person that I know that actually uses a portable gaming system out of my house.

If I'm home, I'm not going to waste time playing video games... I only use my 3DS outside of my house.

I think it's actually ridiculous how many people here say they never take their 3DS out side of their house.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
awssk8er said:
zanfire said:

I'm the only person that I know that actually uses a portable gaming system out of my house.

If I'm home, I'm not going to waste time playing video games... I only use my 3DS outside of my house.

I think it's actually ridiculous how many people here say they never take their 3DS out side of their house.
Well, I believe most people bring out their system (some with 'aggressive' parents don't) and put it in their BAGS and no longer pockets.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SaddQ said:
It doesn't exactly entice me to get a 3DS. I'd rather wait until the release of the 3DS Lite, which has the 2nd analog pad integrated no doubt, with a more potent battery to boot.

I'd rather wait more for a 3DS XL you know.....everybody says that there isn't any extra room for a second analog in the actual model, and I'm so used to the DSiXL larger screens by now....so 2+2 for me.....why not make it a little bigger, with a larger screen and an extra analog ?
3DS XL FTW...!

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I appear to be a rare creature- I carry my 3DS everywhere in my actual pocket. As I have taken to cycling to work instead of walking I stuff it in my bag sometimes but I find I get less streetpass hits when cycling (possibly due to going past too quickly). When I have the attachment I will probably LEAVE THE ATTACHMENT AT HOME, and play games that don't need it when I am out and about. Or leave it in my bag until required.

I too fail to comprehend the level of fear people have of taking it outside of their bedrooms- the streetpass thing was to encourage people to take it out more than they had with their GBA/DS. It is portable and thus should be ported. Obviously if I were still a schoolkid I'd probably not take it to school or be too obvious with it, as I was never popular enough not to have it stolen- but as a working adult there is no excuse not to be sneaking off to play Resident Evil in the toilet

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Games work fine without the slidepad (MH Tri-G works flawlessly without it and MGS also functions pretty much okay without it.)

I will get the slidepad. It's cheap and adds a lot to my system.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think it's funny that so many people are assuming that the 'next revision 3DS' will have the second circle pad build in. Did the DSi have built-in rumble, motion, slide controller, fm radio or guitar hero grip? Nope. There is no reason that a 3rd part controller build specifically of their own game would be included in any hardware revisions.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I think it's funny that so many people are assuming that the 'next revision 3DS' will have the second circle pad build in. Did the DSi have built-in rumble, motion, slide controller, fm radio or guitar hero grip? Nope. There is no reason that a 3rd part controller build specifically of their own game would be included in any hardware revisions.
Capcom is the one that made it ( I believe. Nintendo just give the ok.)

If Nintendo add-on sells well,it makes it likely.

Idk, I wonder if Capcom would just push them to add it in.
unsure.gif

Also the add-on is already supported by like 8(?) games.

I wonder if Nintendo made it because the wanted to or did Capcom or someone push them to?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KingVamp said:
spinal_cord said:
Capcom is the one that made it ( I believe. Nintendo just give the ok.)

Idk, I wonder if Capcom would just push them to add it in.
unsure.gif

Also the add-on is already supported by like 8(?) games.
Nintendo produced it.
tongue.gif

Anyway, totally agree with spinal cord.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
tigris said:
An AAA battery?
Is this supposed to be a sick joke, or what?

Not at all. If they design the attachment so it sends signals to the 3DS via the IR port only when a button or the slide pad on it is used, then it will last much longer than people expect it to. Obviously not as long as a TV remote, but still quite long in terms of actual operating use.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I personally don't like the design, but it may be helpful for gaming. It's a bit too much to use a external battery in my opinion. We'll see how compatible the games will be with it.

Demonstryde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would love it if they came out with a slider attachment that has the xbox like grip with built in rechargeable battery and built in speakers that dont sound like crap when its turned full on... now that would be ideal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4