Konami will skip E3 2021, announces they are "in deep development on a number of key projects"

konami-logo-00-e1370540325110.jpg

Konami announced today it will not be attending this year's E3 expo. While that may not be very surprising given the publisher's lack of interest in the video game space lately, what may be more intriguing to fans is its announcement that it is "deep in development on a number of key projects," and updates will be coming on those titles in the following months. While no specific details have been announced, Konami owns the intellectual property to several iconic gaming series that fans feel have been underserved lately, such as Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Contra and Bomberman.

You can read Konami's full statement below:

julianuf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mentions of Suikoden anywhere in this thread? Fail.

With the success of the Eiyuden Chronicle Kickstarter, I'm sure Konami took notice. A collection on newer systems sure would be nice. :/

Reactions: eyeliner

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"Key projects" referring to more gambling machines, I assume?
It's kind of sad how far downhill Konami has gone from when I grew up playing SNES. Konami's logo was like the ultimate "Seal of quality" on any game it graced. These days they're becoming less and less relevant. And the worst part is, they don't seem to care. They don't give a fuck what the fans want, they're only in it for the money. Businesses have to think that way to some extent but I like to believe that most game developers are in the business because they enjoy video games and they want to be part of creating even more of them. So it's kind of personal, not just a money thing. They care about gamers (fans) because they are also gamers at heart, that's what got them into the industry to begin with after all. Plus, it's usually in their best interest to please the fans because it sells. If you don't have a passion for video games anymore then maybe you should just get out of the video game business. Maybe it's better that way. That way the talent can be scooped up by another company that actually wants to continue making games. So I guess maybe it's not all bad if Konami just keeps making gambling machines.

Reactions: Draxikor
D

Deleted User

Wonder if the rumored Metal Gear Solid remake for PS5 is real.

Unless they're hiring outside help I just don't trust their talent anymore after Survive.

D

Deleted User

I loved Konami on NES/SNES, but for me they were at their best on PS1 with Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania Symphony of the NIght two of the best games ever made.

Contras on PS1 however were the first games that I can remember they made that were terrible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: