Konami will skip E3 2021, announces they are "in deep development on a number of key projects"

konami-logo-00-e1370540325110.jpg

Konami announced today it will not be attending this year's E3 expo. While that may not be very surprising given the publisher's lack of interest in the video game space lately, what may be more intriguing to fans is its announcement that it is "deep in development on a number of key projects," and updates will be coming on those titles in the following months. While no specific details have been announced, Konami owns the intellectual property to several iconic gaming series that fans feel have been underserved lately, such as Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania, Contra and Bomberman.

You can read Konami's full statement below:

D

Deleted User

It's sort of like Rare after Microsoft bought them. You can call a company whatever you want but it's about the talent that's there. When you get rid of all your talented game creators you can certainly make a new game in a well loved series because you own the name to that series, but it's almost guaranteed it wont be any good thus it's worthless. Konami will likely never be able to reacquire the type of talent they had back in the day thus yes I consider them 100% dead until proven otherwise.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I will say this though, I thought Sega was dead for awhile but with the acquisition of Atlus and the creators of Yakuza (playing Judgment right this second) I love Sega again. But I don't see Konami having any revival like that.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: JaNDeRPeiCH

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the day and age of the modern internet, E3 seems to get more and more irrelevant as so many companies are holding their own digital events.

Reactions: godreborn

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we get a new Tag Force game. I liked the Yu-Gi-Oh game for the switch but I rather prefer a Tag Force 7.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why don't you go play the actual Metal Gear Solid games which are actual great games and then reevaluate. Nobody likes Survive it's a running joke.
Survive is obviously a different genre than Metal Gear Solid. It's a good game and quite unique: unfortunately, there is NO OTHER game that offers what survive does, to the best of my knowledge.
. Nobody likes Survive it's a running joke.
Sorry, I don't base my opinion off of other people's opinions.

D

Deleted User

Survive is obviously a different genre than Metal Gear Solid. It's a good game and quite unique: unfortunately, there is NO OTHER game that offers what survive does, to the best of my knowledge.

Sorry, I don't base my opinion off of other people's opinions.

You keep your opinion I'll stick with mine.

Last edited by ,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translation: "uh, we're not a gaming company anymore. You know that, right?

No, seriously. Why is anyone asking if Konami would be at E3 of all things? they'd rather be at Vegas selling their pachinko and slot machines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Who watches FOX nowadays? Only reason to get alt-right viewers interested.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that was like when i was 10
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, We didn't have FOX Kids over here, back then it was Jetix.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Similar to FOX Kids. I remember when Sonic X aired.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Two studio lights for one horror game