Hacking RELEASE Kosmos - A Hekate CFW-package

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country
Noone said that there is a need to teach anyone. If people can't get their things together themselves, then they shouldn't do it in first place 'cause they'll be mad if they encounter an issue and aren't smart enough to fix it, and just go and blame the software creators instead.

That’s some really pointless homebrew-elitism.

I really don’t get people: everyone is annoyed by numberless threads of people asking how to do this, how to do that. But when someone providing the all-in-one up to date package everyone can use, to reduce confusions for people who just go into the scene - it’s a bloatware. smh

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tomGER question about loader.ini

any possibility of having multiple NSP setups?
Example; i want one of my game TID to run Retroarch.NSP
meanwhile keep Album TID to run hb menu.NSP
I think this is doable by replacing the game with hbl.nsp in the titles folder - Never tried it but should work in theory. But you would probably need to recompile hbl with another path set.

I just switched over from ReiNX, are custom themes supported in v11? I dropped a theme bundle in /atmosphere/titles/ and then rebooted, but it didn't load the theme.
Probably ask on QCEANs server - I'm guessing that you forgot the boot2 flag or something like that - Long time since I did anything with custom themes

Reactions: Brandon Golway

Skonikol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@tomGER I don't understand the logic with the nogc.
Suppose I want to save a slot and always had in settings ini kip1patch=nogc.
Now I decided to install Kosmos, copied the files, turned on the console and... updated the slot.
Include nogc in the settings will be already senseless.
This is a very non-obvious moment for many people.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

tomGER

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@tomGER I don't understand the logic with the nogc.
Suppose I want to save a slot and always had in settings ini kip1patch=nogc.
Now I decided to install Kosmos, copied the files, turned on the console and... updated the slot.
Include nogc in the settings will be already senseless.
This is a very non-obvious moment for many people.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
You're kinda correct, the idea is rather that you probably do it before updating - I will just include a CFW+NOGC option in the next update

Last edited by tomGER,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to check what firmware version the GC Controller has?
If it works on 3.0.2 and below it has the old firmware, if it doesnt work on 3.0.2 and below (and nogc is disabled and the card reader isnt damaged) its on the new firmware ;)

I have no idea if theres an way to check the actual firmware version though :/

SageIsSerious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a hell of a day trying the new Kosmos v11, couldn't get the Homebrew menu to work at all, hitting the album icon just brings up the album. Holding the R button while opening the album didn't help either.

Using ReinX works just fine. Not sure what else to do.

Skonikol

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Had a hell of a day trying the new Kosmos v11, couldn't get the Homebrew menu to work at all, hitting the album icon just brings up the album. Holding the R button while opening the album didn't help either.

Using ReinX works just fine. Not sure what else to do.

You may need to remove the archive attributes.

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If it works on 3.0.2 and below it has the old firmware, if it doesnt work on 3.0.2 and below (and nogc is disabled and the card reader isnt damaged) its on the new firmware ;)

I have no idea if theres an way to check the actual firmware version though :/

Geez, there must be a way to check it ...
Can't be arsed to downgrade to 3.0.0 again just to check it lol
but I'm 99% I ballsed it up and got the new firmware :/

Sonikkua

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove the archive attribute from all files on the SD or any specific ones I should only do?

Are there any implications in doing this?

There aren’t any down sides to removing the archive attribute for all files, other than it being slow as hell to do it.

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was interested in the reasons for the absence in the original pack.
I ask him myself and he said it adds a version string in settings. It shows in system settings shows current version 5.1.0 (AMS 0.7.5). That what it does but he didnt give a reason why he didnt add it

Godofcheese

Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@tomGER are there any ips patches in the latest update to get YouTube to run in CFW without the HDCP error or without having to install the patched NSP?

Think I saw a person on Discord "oooh which one" that made test ips patches that actually worked, but I don't know if he continued with it after the patched NSP came out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958