Hacking RELEASE Kosmos patches (ES & FS)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 157,781
  • Replies 190
  • Likes 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kosmos worked just fine with Tinfoil until the new arbitrary blocks. The fact that the workarounds worked until recently and it's just become a game of cat and mouse proves that point. Trying to push an Atmosphere fork for drama reasons (hence vanilla Atmosphere being arbitrarily blocked despite it working only yesterday), while maintaining SXOS compatibility to not upset the employers.

Don't go this route, mate. There's nothing wrong in making money from your work and that's not the point you should be shaming an independent developer ever, that's toxic as hell. It's not hard to shame blawar, just look around the internet and you'll find dozens of other things to shame him that's not making a living codding for the mercenaries over SXOS.
Tinfoil is a solid app and it doesn't steal code from other people, I can only imagine how many hours per day blawar spends coding Tinfoil & Co and despite his personality that's one thing truly admire in him.

Last edited by evertonstz,

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kosmos is just a combination of Atmosphere and Hekate with extra software. Even when you only use Hekate and AMS it is also blocked for usage with Tinfoil. Please let's move on, if you ain't need a shop to download NSPS. Just use Goldleaf or AWOO simple as that. Let's not give Blawar a spotlight and a podium because he doesn't deserve that.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes there is. Namely people who don't know basic stuff that end up bricking their consoles. I don't want to be responsible for that.

Or you could invest the time you take babysiting people online and invest in other hobbies, specially if you're not the one providing the software.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And purposefully blocking cfw setups you don't like isn't?

If you just didn't stop reading the post when it made you mad you would have seen this part:
just look around the internet and you'll find dozens of other things to shame him that's not making a living codding for the mercenaries over SXOS.

Worse than a prick independent developer is a user that think he's entitled to other people's work for free.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Don't go this route, mate. There's nothing wrong in making money from your work and that's not the point you should be shaming an independent developer ever, that's toxic as hell. It's not hard to shame blawar, just look around the internet and you'll find dozens of other things to shame him that's not making a living codding for the mercenaries over SXOS.
Tinfoil is a solid app and it doesn't steal code from other people, I can only imagine how many hours per day blawar spends coding Tinfoil & Co and despite his personality that's one thing truly admire in him.
You should check their repository well. It is full of forks from other Homebrews, both Xortroll and others. That and many other things that have to use the work of others to make their software work, and let's not talk about the interface ... so don't say that someone who reverse-engineers for Xecuter worked everything alone.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Worse than a prick independent developer is a user that think he's entitled to other people's work for free.
Calm down, I was just bemused that the only CFW that works with Tinfoil other than his own Atmosphere fork just happens to be SXOS.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You should check their repository well. It is full of forks from other Homebrews, both Xortroll and others. That and many other things that have to use the work of others to make their software work, and let's not talk about the interface ... so don't say that someone who reverse-engineers for Xecuter worked everything alone.

Mate, I've been coding for decades, I know open source licenses like the palm of my hands, it's my job to deal with them. Since you're here pointing and you should link the repositories blawar has bronken open source licenses, I'm sure I can take them down in a day, I have contacts over github. I'm sure you don't think making a fork is stealing code, right? Also, I'm not sure what work blawar is/was making for Xecuter, but reverse-engiring isn't illegal, actually that's how you have all your homebrews now mate, or do you think Nintendo is giving the tools to make them for free.

In the end I think you simply don't have a clue about coding, mate.

Bruh I have never used tinfoil and never will. Arbitrarily blocking cfw setups is a dick move, it was a dick move when awoo blocked Sxos and blawar is no different

Mate do you have a problem with english? Half of my posts, including the one you're bitching about is literally saying this: blawar is dick for blocking compatible cfw, and you should be shaming him for that and many other dick moves, you should not be shaming him for making a living from his work.

Last edited by evertonstz,

Shadowlurker

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I only really used HBG to see if some of my games had updates or dlc I didn't have installed yet, is there any other homebrew that can check that so I can stick to kosmos as I really prefer it to vanilla and I sure as hell not going to use random other forks of atmosphere.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Honestly I only really used HBG to see if some of my games had updates or dlc I didn't have installed yet, is there any other homebrew that can check that so I can stick to kosmos as I really prefer it to vanilla and I sure as hell not going to use random other forks of atmosphere.

There's: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-update-checker.557898/
I used it and it's pretty neat, tho it's not as userfriendly.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Mate, I've been coding for decades, I know open source licenses like the palm of my hands, it's my job to deal with them. Since you're here pointing and you should link the repositories blawar has bronken open source licenses, I'm sure I can take them down in a day, I have contacts over github. I'm sure you don't think making a fork is stealing code, right? Also, I'm not sure what work blawar is/was making for Xecuter, but reverse-engiring isn't illegal, actually that's how you have all your homebrews now mate, or do you think Nintendo is giving the tools to make them for free.

In the end I think you simply don't have a clue about coding, mate.
You just said everything works alone, now you contradict yourself claiming that it is normal to use third-party code to build your software.

Now I wonder if it's normal for you to lie to avoid saying that he hates Xoltroll, Atmosphere, Kosmos, while using his code to build his shit.

How far does your favoritism go?

I am Game Design.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You just said everything works alone, now you contradict yourself claiming that it is normal to use third-party code to build your software.

Now I wonder if it's normal for you to lie to avoid saying that he hates Xoltroll, Atmosphere, Kosmos, while using his code to build his shit.

How far does your favoritism go?

I am Game Design.

Mate, just stop. Atmosphere is an open source project, respect the developers and their choice of license, those people probably code for more time than you're alive and if they wanted to protect their code from being forked, they would have used a selected license for that, they don't need your clueless kid ass fighting for them, GNU exists for that. Open source is all about freedom, and freedom comes with downsides of who will use you code for what, North Korea can use curl legally to launch nukes into Japan, America can use Linux in the systems they use to guide rockets into middle eastern kids.

Either you like blawar or not, he's not stealing code, that's what a kid that can't code a hello world for the sake of his life would say. Educate yourself about open source, maybe learn a language or two, make your repositories and after that you can discuss open source software, if you don't do that you just sound like a kid talking about a topic you can't comprehend.

Now like I said, I'm waiting for the links were blawar is breaking open source licenses on github, I can get them down by tomorrow.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Mate, just stop. Atmosphere is an open source project, respect the developers and their choice of license, those people probably code for more time than you're alive and if they wanted to protect their code from being forked, they would have used a selected license for that, they don't need your clueless kid ass fighting for them, GNU exists for that. Open source is all about freedom, and freedom comes with downsides of who will use you code for what, North Korea can use curl legally to launch nukes into Japan, America can use Linux in the systems they use to guide rockets into middle eastern kids.

Either you like blawar or not, he's not stealing code, that's what a kid that can't code a hello world for the sake of his life would say. Educate yourself about open source, maybe learn a language or two, make your repositories and after that you can discuss open source software, if you don't do that you just sound like a kid talking about a topic you can't comprehend.

Now like I said, I'm waiting for the links were blawar is breaking open source licenses on github, I can get them down by tomorrow.
I'm talking about Tinfoil, about his dishonest development. I never said anything bad about Atmosphere and other honest Developers. Do not put words in the mouth of others who have never said. And I know many Developers like Blawar, that despite his years of experience, which anyone can have, his impulsive attitude and selfish actions are always going to be toxic and at his convenience.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm talking about Tinfoil, about his dishonest development. I never said anything bad about Atmosphere and other honest Developers. Do not put words in the mouth of others who have never said. And I know many Developers like Blawar, that despite his years of experience, which anyone can have, his impulsive attitude and selfish actions are always going to be toxic and at his convenience.

So you're just being dishonest, mate, you literally said to me to look at his repositories, last time I checked Tinfoil was closed source, so how do you know blawar is stealling code or if he even has forked code there?
Anyways, take your time to go re-read all my posts in this thread and not the only ones that makes you mad so you can see what I think of blawar. Believe or not, you can dislike blawar and still respect his talent and still say he's not stealing code, actually most reasonable adults would do that.

Waiting for those github links with open source licenses being broken.

And I know many Developers like Blawar, that despite his years of experience, which anyone can have, his impulsive attitude and selfish actions are always going to be toxic and at his convenience.
And why this is important? I'm sure everyone knows childish people, there are plenty of them in the internet, I specifically like the ones that like to talk about a topic they don't understand like open source software for example.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So you're just being dishonest, mate, you literally said to me to look at his repositories, last time I checked Tinfoil was closed source, so how do you know blawar is stealling code or if he even has forked code there?
Anyways, take your time to go re-read all my posts in this thread and not the only ones that makes you mad so you can see what I think of blawar. Believe or not, you can dislike blawar and still respect his talent and still say he's not stealing code, actually most reasonable adults would do that.

Waiting for those github links with open source licenses being broken.

And why this is important? I'm sure everyone knows childish people, there are plenty of them in the internet, I specifically like the ones that like to talk about a topic they don't understand like open source software for example.
And you keep putting words in the mouth of others without having said them. I never said to steal, if not to use third party code. That was not even the subject, if not that you affirm that all its development is done by itself. I see unnecessary software like "goldbricks", "tinleaf", not to mention using the name "Tinfoil" to a great contribution made by Adubbz. I do not know what else can rectify that everything has been done by himself, but lies are part of his nature and be replicated by people taking advantage of his naivete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's the Switcheroo
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    You cant steal Switcheroo from me. lol :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Average Walmart trip be like: Getting ankled by a cart, then having a 5 pound of creamer hit your foot
    I go to Walmart often enough, but Target has less inbreds.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure: Walmart... Isn't that where "KARENS" hang out at?
    Karens, inbreds, MAGAs, severely mentally ill and not taking their medications, etc.
    +1
    300 lb toothless women in bikinis. You name it, it's available at Walmart. lolol
    +1
    I do most of my grocery shopping there
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +1
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it