Hacking ktemkin drama

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am reading to get caught up but I don't understand what's going on any more.

Twitter says this isn't a new bug, not even a Switch bug (so 4chan thing was bullshit?) and whatever it was or did was fixed in the Switch already.

So ReSwitched got mad over the submission of a bug for PixelC that has no impact on Switch?

But then in this thread someone said this bug does work on the Switch and the new rev?

So the fuck is going on?

Did ktemkin report one bug that got another bug found?

Gunz4Hire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, who gives a flying fuck? She obviously needed the money more than anyone else did. She got her 15 minutes of fame from the RCM discovery that she gave a stupid-ass name to that I can't even pronounce, and she cashed-in on another potential exploit we didn't need. Go #TeamTemkin
It is pronounced, Fuse Jelly

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am reading to get caught up but I don't understand what's going on any more.

Twitter says this isn't a new bug, not even a Switch bug (so 4chan thing was bullshit?) and whatever it was or did was fixed in the Switch already.

So ReSwitched got mad over the submission of a bug for PixelC that has no impact on Switch?

But then in this thread someone said this bug does work on the Switch and the new rev?

So the fuck is going on?

Did ktemkin report one bug that got another bug found?
No one knows what's going on at the moment V. What you're seeing si what we have to go on, which is why everyone at this point is saying it's pointless to pick sides. We may never know, so all we can do is speculate.

Reactions: V-Temp
D

Deleted User

The idea of submitting a bug for the PIXEL C, a product Google discontinued a year ago and sold exactly five units of and truly does not give a fuck about, is super funny to me.
It also affects the Shield TV presumably, and maybe K1 devices (which would include numerous Chromebooks)

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nvidia knew about the bug already why even submit it in the first place? They already knew about it. So no need to tell them.
that doesnt make it right and we dont know that for a fact from what i gather there are a few pixel c bugs? dont quote me on that but it seems she submitted more than one so apparently theres something new

D

Deleted User

If Nvidia knew about the bug already why even submit it in the first place? They already knew about it. So no need to tell them.
She used it as part of an example of how they made some sort of bad configuration decision that enabled the exploit in the first place

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Maybe the person who discovered it was in the process of disclosing it and then found out that it's already been done?
Maybe they had wanted to claim the bounty which has now become impossible!?

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one knows what's going on at the moment V. What you're seeing si what we have to go on, which is why everyone at this point is saying it's pointless to pick sides. We may never know, so all we can do is speculate.

It is all ever so confusing.

And if nothing got reported and a stink got raised over a misunderstanding, Nintendo's gonna be all *magnifying glass to the bootrom* because something's either still there (or isn't?) while the scene burns to the ground.

Mess.

And they just finished refactoring the bootrom ipatches too, they're probably going to pick up quick on something if they now know something slipped through.

Last edited by V-Temp,

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope they just make up and set aside their differences so we can get fusee gelee at its full potential D: ive been holding off on any modding of my console but keeping up to date about everything

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always two sides to every story, but I'd say @SciresM knows that what he did to @ktemkin is a bit absurd.
He hasn't really spoken-up about the situation (and he has every right to stay quiet), but I can't say I didn't see this coming.
Despite what they will tell you, the ReSwitched Team has been struggling to keep Atmosphere afloat and ahead of the competition.
I truly hope to be proven wrong, but as I have previously stated, Atmosphere is dying...and will die, if they don't get a real release to the public soon.
According to the information I was provided, there have been several questionable moves that have been "forbidden" to even talk about on the ReSwitched Discord.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This thread has gone full circle. We started with the accusations, the response, the tit for tat, slowly putting the story together through random Twitter and Discord grabs, and now we’re back at the beginning again because nobody wants to read 40 pages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1