Homebrew RELEASE Lakka.tv - turn your Switch into a RetroArch powered retrogaming console - includes PSX, N64 and PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

level42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The boot folder is inside /lakka/ now?

Am I supposed to move this folder to be parallel to /lakka/, or is this the new folder structure?

Is it: (If so, I can obviously remove the old /boot/ folder, yea?)

/lakka/boot/

or is it still:

/lakka/
/boot/

???

Last edited by level42,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You now just need /lakka/, no separate boot directory.

You do need to replace the coreboot.rom in the /payloads/directory on the PC side with the one inside the nightly archive, though.

level42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You now just need /lakka/, no separate boot directory.

You do need to replace the coreboot.rom in the /payloads/directory on the PC side with the one inside the nightly archive, though.

Awesome, thank you!

BrendonoT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only been able to boot a corrupted file of lakka. Any time I attempt to boot it up im left with just an empty black screen, ive done this countless times and followed everything to a T.

I did get it to work about twice but only in the corrupted state, i had lakka boot with the black squares everywhere and an error saying it didnt detect my joycon rail both times, then after fixing the corrupted file i only get a black screen again. Im unsure of what do to at this point.

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions if that's no bother?
Firstly, with BT audio, the guide mentions that pairing is only needed initially, and then it should sync if both devices are on, and nearby? Well I'm using Sony (MDR-XB950B1) for anyone wondering, and it doesn't do this. It syncs just fine and outputs audio. But if I properly (or improperly) close out Lakka, the next time I run it, I have to re sync...

Also, do shaders work, or no? If so, how exactly would one go about utilizing them?

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can we create 2 partition on the sd, the first fat32 for lakka and the other one exfat for switch stuff?
If you plan on using just one Card for Linux and CFW I must disappoint you.
U-boot ( loads linux ) will always look for the first(!) Partition.
So even if you get it to work like this, your cfw won't find your exfat Partition on the other Side

Reactions: intellettuanale

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
I have only been able to boot a corrupted file of lakka. Any time I attempt to boot it up im left with just an empty black screen, ive done this countless times and followed everything to a T.

I did get it to work about twice but only in the corrupted state, i had lakka boot with the black squares everywhere and an error saying it didnt detect my joycon rail both times, then after fixing the corrupted file i only get a black screen again. Im unsure of what do to at this point.

The same thing happens to me using the latest Lakka nightly build and the latest boot scripts. I also tried replacing the coreboot.rom file in the payloads directory with the one bundled with the Lakka tarfile, but it made no difference.

I'm using a 32 GB SanDisk micro SD card (FAT32 formatted, works fine under Horizon).

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble with compiling Lakka, whenever it gets to building Python (host), it always fails to do "./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars". It would always complain about "Segmentation fault".

Here is the error if anyone wants to check it. Is there a solution to this problem?
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/Downloads/lakka_switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux:/home/user/Downloads/lakka_switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel/toolchain/lib: ./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars ;\
if test $? -ne 0 ; then \
    echo "generate-posix-vars failed" ; \
    rm -f ./pybuilddir.txt ; \
    exit 1 ; \
fi
/bin/sh: line 5:  8634 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/user/Downloads/lakka_switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux:/home/user/Downloads/lakka_switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel/toolchain/lib: ./python -E -S -m sysconfig --generate-posix-vars
generate-posix-vars failed
make[1]: *** [Makefile:543: pybuilddir.txt] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Downloads/lakka_switch/Lakka-LibreELEC/build.Lakka-Switch.aarch64-2.1-devel/Python-2.7.13/.x86_64-redhat-linux'
make: *** [Makefile:27: image] Error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol