MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Well since this covid bullshit is an absolute killjoy this year, the only movie that came out was Sonic. So it wins movie of the year by default. (I don't make the rules.) :toot:

sonic movie poster.jpg

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The more I think about it the less I think of the film.
It started out as a seriously flawed but enjoyable if you go autopilot and enjoy con/murder mystery detective films (which I do) and had not had any in a while (which we haven't, especially not good ones -- Focus and American Hustle... no thanks).
Thinking about it then so much relied on coincidence, magic plot hole and stupidity on the part of various characters.

Anyway first film in quite a while and continuing the "are you sure you are a fan of sci fi?" theme we have another classic sci fi film I had never seen before.

Alien Nation 1988.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094631/
Had heard it referenced and discussed over the years, both the film and TV, but had not seen anything outside of discussions in "remember the 80s" TV shows and the like.

A truly solid little odd couple buddy cop film, but with the twist that one is a literal alien so we have a nice sci fi edge as well (done better than I expect even from an average modern show).
Not going to be as iconic as Lethal Weapon or Rush Hour but anything else you might think of in such a list I reckon it deserves a place alongside. This so much so I don't want to spoil it.
Might even go watch the TV show now, though I see it is one of the earlier contentious that they turned it into a TV show efforts (see fans of the original Stargate film, and Buffy the Vampire slayer).

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the murder/mysteries. Usually, movies are very predictable and I can’t watch them. I’m always thinking about what that person in the makeup really looks like or “where do I know that voice from”, even “how did they do that”. I tend to dig deep when watching a movie and I can’t enjoy them. I was pretty baked when i saw Knives Out and the kids were in bed, so I think I was able to let loose and enjoy it a little more.

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Artificial Intelligence A.I is what I've seen, didn't know Haley Jose Osment was in that movie and it's before kingdom hearts was a thing, anyways is a good movie but bittersweet.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone watch Tenet yet? It's actually better than Inception in my opinion although there were a few plot holes. I still think Inception has the best music though.
i2DQXw9.jpg

Last edited by subcon959,

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
just watched Lycan Colony.. Holy hell that was an amazingly horribly edited movie. Thankfully Mike and the boys saved it with their rifftrax jokes. https://www.rifftrax.com/lycan-colony

(There are a few sites to get it free if you are so inclined, of course. Donate if you can)

To add a positive note, been watching the series Cobra Kai, I'm actually enjoying it.

Edit: Watched the new Bill & Ted, I really liked it. But I've always been a sucker for Keanu so that may have influenced my enjoyment.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

arjunpatel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone watch Tenet yet? It's actually better than Inception in my opinion although there were a few plot holes. I still think Inception has the best music though.
i2DQXw9.jpg

how was the audio mixing heard its the worst for his flims is it true?

Lethal_Weapon_2_Poster.jpg

2 keeps reminding me how good the Sequels to LW were

Last edited by arjunpatel,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I watched Top Gun on a projector in a friends garden, with a bed sheet hung over the wall for a screen and a surprisingly loud set of 90's 2.1 computer speakers (from when dell used to practically give away altec lansing speakers).

arjunpatel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty bad but I got used to it.

EDIT: I should clarify, it's not bad in the sense that it's poorly done, more like he wanted to use it as a way to keep you feeling a bit disoriented and unsure.

that makes sense . going back to work at my theater on the 10th ill probably watch once im off or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...