Hacking RELEASE Latest FS and Acid Patches for Kosmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can I use these patches to run Tinfoil on latest Kosmos?

I think Tinfoil needs CAL0 protection removed. It would involve having a modified version of "ams_mitm.kip" and put it in "/atmosphere/kips" folder.
But it is not advised as it would allow homebrews to get access to critical internal information (such as your console identifier).
As Tinfoil is a closed source hombrew, maybe it has something to hide...

Last edited by OperationNT,

El.James

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I think Tinfoil needs CAL0 protection removed. It would involve having a modified version of "ams_mitm.kip" and put it in "/atmosphere/kips" folder.

Yes, you sre right. I used joonie86 special patch that removed cal0 protection, and I thought this patch could work, my bad.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, you sre right. I used joonie86 special patch that removed cal0 protection, and I thought this patch could work, my bad.

Here is a version I compiled by taking code from Neutos, in "fs_mitm_service.cpp" file, on "FsMitmService :: OpenBisStorage" method.
I didn't test it because I won't recommand to remove this CAL0 protection (and I don't trust what Tinfoil would do with my console internal data). Use it with your own risks by putting it in "/atmophere/kips" folder...

Attachments

• ams_mitm.zip
    155.7 KB · Views: 210

HarukoNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I figured I should tease a little something I've been working on today to go with the patches. I've forked the Sigpatch Updater by @TotalJustice and have started to add a UI on top of it using the Plutonium library by @XorTroll.

HekateRequired.png InternetRequired.png
CheckingForUpdates.png CheckingForSigPatches.png

D

Deleted User

Will you be updating es patches as each new firmware comes out or just fs?
Will your installer also include the es patches or just fs?

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to just maintain FS and Acid patches, and the updater will only update those patches.
Why are ES patches such a sticking point for you? "I don't use them personally" - but you're going through this entire effort to provide something constantly updated. Why gimp it?

Reactions: FanboyKilla

HarukoNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why are ES patches such a sticking point for you? "I don't use them personally" - but you're going through this entire effort to provide something constantly updated. Why gimp it?

I have no use for them, as I only backup my physical games and install homebrew NSPs. Other people who are doing Atmosphere patches are already creating them, and there is no difference between the ES patches for Atmosphere, and the ES patches for Kosmos. (Atmosphere + Hekate) Maybe I'll add them at some point to the updater, however that isn't my focus right now.

Last edited by HarukoNX,

El.James

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Here is a version I compiled by taking code from Neutos, in "fs_mitm_service.cpp" file, on "FsMitmService :: OpenBisStorage" method.
I didn't test it because I won't recommand to remove this CAL0 protection (and I don't trust what Tinfoil would do with my console internal data). Use it with your own risks by putting it in "/atmophere/kips" folder...

Does it make any difference if I tell you that Im using emunand? Or there is only one cal0 partition?

EDIT: Didnt tell you before, but many thanks!

Last edited by El.James,

angelo93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm genuinely curious as to what the different patches do. From what I've gathered.

ES Patches: Allow for installation of NSPs/(XCI?) for which the user doesn't own a valid ticket to. (Allows for forged tickets to be installed?)
FS Patches: Allow for HB apps and self dumped games to run.
ACID Patch: Removes CAL protection.

I'm assuming I'm mostly wrong on my assumptions. If anyone can ELI5, I'd greatly appreciate it. Google searches turn up different answers, most of which are old and sometimes contradictory. I'm also confused at to what a sig patch is or if that term is used interchangeably with ES Patches.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FS patches are need to install/run NSPs of any kind. ES patches are additionally needed to run pirated commercial NSPs. Dunno about ACID but I thought it had to do with a certain style of converting XCIs to NSP.

HarukoNX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm genuinely curious as to what the different patches do. From what I've gathered.

ES Patches: Allow for installation of NSPs/(XCI?) for which the user doesn't own a valid ticket to. (Allows for forged tickets to be installed?)
FS Patches: Allow for HB apps and self dumped games to run.
ACID Patch: Removes CAL protection.

I'm assuming I'm mostly wrong on my assumptions. If anyone can ELI5, I'd greatly appreciate it. Google searches turn up different answers, most of which are old and sometimes contradictory. I'm also confused at to what a sig patch is or if that term is used interchangeably with ES Patches.

ACID Patches do not remove CAL0 protection. That is a whole separate thing I don't feel comfortable in providing. Those safe guards are put in place for a reason. ACID patches just remove another signature check. And ES patches specifically pertain to dumped eShop titles.

Last edited by HarukoNX,

angelo93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to both of y'all for answering, that kind of clears up some things. I'm just interested in the differences from a technical standpoint. CompSci and Cryptography are side interests of mine so I was intrigued.

Again, thanks for the answers and y'all have a good one, chau!

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does it make any difference if I tell you that Im using emunand? Or there is only one cal0 partition?

If you are using a MMC (sys or emu) where you applied "Incognito" modification (using Incognito_RMC for example), I think you should be safe from "data stealing" by homebrews when CAL0 protection is off. However, it could still be written so you are not safe from "brickers".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, should i make an essay about why i hate the term unalive?