Homebrew Latest Retroarch

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like a thread wasn't made here yet...? I installed the CIA on an N3DS and the thing crashes when trying to scan a rom.

romanov82

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Using the 3dsx version it freeze the system (at launch, before showing the user interface, top screen). At this point it become difficult also to shutdown the console (long pressing power button). It happen with both launching main executable and directly launching a core executable. Sometimes removing the configuration file, it manage to show the interface and I can change options and its type to rgui. But at next starts, same problem. Over many try I succeded only one time to start gambatte core with a game.

Retroarch 1.7.5 (3dsx)
New Nintendo 2ds xl (Luma 11.8)
Micro sd card 128 GB (samsung evo)

romanov82

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After removing the .smdh file in the directory of Retroarch main executable, it started. Then after some try it freezed the system. It is very unreliable

Last edited by romanov82,

romanov82

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Installed the CIA version. Same problem. It freeze the system, in this case without showing anything on both the screens. Only thing that I can do is to shutdown the console (also the poweroff button is unresponsive and I have to do many try)

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, same here...tried both stable 1.7.5 and a couple recent Nightlies... .CIA version. Every core will freeze the system while they're loading, right after 'No profiles found' is scrolled in the log, requiring a long Power button poweroff. The few times it -does- finally make it to the RA menu, loading a ROM will make it crash to Luma's stack dump screen.

This is both with a previously working retroarch.cfg and nothing at all. :(

JLsoft

The Joystick Lunatic
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found a tedious workaround that works for me like 99% of the time:

- Run an RA core, and as soon as the first 2 [INFO] debug lines come up on the bottom screen (the 2nd one says about it loading the retroarch config), enter the rosalina menu in Luma (D-Pad Down + L + Select), and then go to the New 3DS options at the top and disable the L2 Cache -and- lower the clock speed.

- It will then get to the normal RetroArch menu. Then, when loading a rom and picking the core, it will -re-run- the chosen core, so again, D-Pad Down + L _ Select at the first 2 [INFO] debug lines...and wait for it to load the rom/etc, and then once it's actually in-game, you can enter the rosalina menu again and re-enable the L2 cache and bump the CPU speed back up.

...now if I could find out how to get mame2003-plus working. It's marked 'experimental', but so far it keeps loading up the core for 2048 after I select a rom+core :/

Rj.MoG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because RetroArch on 3DS is shit and broken since a long time and nobody seems to care to fix it.
It's also simultaneously super optimized and PCSX-R wouldn't run any better AT ALL if a hardware render was implemented according to many members here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1