Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great to know the progress!
It's almost surreal how you are managing this without any programming skills.
I myself has been busy with studies and jobs so I find very little time to translate much these days. I will definitely start again once I have enough time for it.

shinenyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Well now, this looks very promising. Hell, you said it, when you're doing something you want it to be as perfect as posible... you said it xD

But yeah, I'll wait for this. Stuff like this is why sometimes I consider english fan-translations more worthwhile to wait for than spanish ones (I speak spanish). Especially after that time when I played this Tales of Graces Spanish Translation...

Not to bother you guys though, but I'm not asking for a translation progress, but a rough estimate for a 50% of it? I think that would be easier to answer than a rough estimate of full translation that might get really extended or shortened depending on things.

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
50%?
Not even close.

If it's true the game has 4 million characters, by summing what we have translated in the files, and
assuming that for characters they also intend ".12345&()[]..." and so on, I'd say it's less than 10%
(I didn't make an accurate count, but when the files in the batch we have now online are finished, I'll do it.
Personally I'm at 137068 characters, not including some NPC names, monster names, monster descriptions
and other stuff here and there I didn't take count of...so, probably near 150.000).
It's gonna be a looooooooooooooooong time before you see it finished, unless some other
translators join in and start hammering this beast down.
On my part, I can translate only every now and then, so don't hold your breath.
You'll sure be able to play SC and Sen no kiseki before Zero, for sure. Maybe even Sen 2. And 3rd.
Nah, this one probably not.

shinenyuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
50%?
Not even close.

If it's true the game has 4 million characters, by summing what we have translated in the files, and
assuming that for characters they also intend ".12345&()[]..." and so on, I'd say it's less than 10%
(I didn't make an accurate count, but when the files in the batch we have now online are finished, I'll do it.
Personally I'm at 137068 characters, not including some NPC names, monster names, monster descriptions
and other stuff here and there I didn't take count of...so, probably near 150.000).
It's gonna be a looooooooooooooooong time before you see it finished, unless some other
translators join in and start hammering this beast down.
On my part, I can translate only every now and then, so don't hold your breath.
You'll sure be able to play SC and Sen no kiseki before Zero, for sure. Maybe even Sen 2. And 3rd.
Nah, this one probably not.

Well, it's fine as long as it doesn't get dropped I guess. I can live for another 60 years so you guys got time before I go crazy (?)

Read DxD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I SIGNED UP JUST TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU
I'M SO HAPPY, FALCOM HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BEST GAME DEVELOPERS TO ME, MAKING ME LIKE STUFF I WOULDNT(Y'S))AND LOVING STUFF I WOULD EVEN MORE(LoH)
THANK YOU SO MUCH, DONT GIVE UP, YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to drop by to say I haven't touched this game in about 2 weeks. Been busy helping Flame with Nayuta no Kiseki. Still an active project though.

Reactions: GHANMI

yangxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, perhaps some of you already knew, I'm the one working on translating the Chinese PC version of Zero, which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/yangxu

I don't know why it took me so long to find this thread, but it's fantastic to see others who're equally passionate about Falcom games and the Kiseki series and are willing to spend time translating this massive RPG. I have zero programming knowledge so all I can do is capture my gameplay videos and translate all the dialogues as subtitles. However, I do have the scripts written down so if you guys would like to make use of those, I'd be happy to collaborate!

I do have some proficiency with Japanese, so if you have a script dump of the game, I'd be willing to translate that as well, if that makes hex address matching easier.

Also, since XSEED hasn't acquired the license for Zero's PC version (which is out in Japanese, btw), wouldn't it be easier to work on that instead of the PSP version? I believe the Japanese version removed all the DRM that came with the Chinese version.

Reactions: GHANMI

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We do have some script dumps in the first post. They are in one of the spoiler tags. Any help with translation is appreciated. Poor people working on it now are probably overwhelmed because we haven't even really kicked in to high gear with the dumps. I had begun mapping out the plans for a new dumper and hopefully an insertion tool.

I would love to work on the PC versions of these games, but unfortunately, I don't own a copy of them. But PC versions of Legend of Heroes games are not out of the question (*smiles devilishly*).

I had seen those videos. I didn't want to rip somebody else's work off without their permission. That is why I had not used them. I think some people may use them for reference though with their translation of our scripts.

yangxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, I see. Well, feel free to use my scripts if that makes the translator's job slightly easier. I didn't translate everything word for word because it sounds awkward in English.
With regards to dumped scripts, I guess they're not organized in chronological order as far as the game's story is concerned, but that's okay.

I can start translating the ones that have yet been filled on the Batch 1 spreadsheet, or if you prefer having one translator working on one batch of the dump for consistency purpose, I can wait until the next batch is released and translate that (or whatever available).

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, look, a translator.
Something rare these days...
:)

I would really be grateful if you could go on Batch 1 and start from c017c
and if you could keep in mind some things:

1) please translate inside F column. You can enlarge it if you need more space.
If you have doubts or you're insecure on a sentence, leave a note in column H. You can wrap the text to fit inside with the somewhere icons above.

2) please keep the codes. For instance, this
{ 07 05 }ロイドはコリンの写真を見せ
心当たりが無いか尋ねてみた。{ 07 00 }
becomes this
{ 07 05 }Lloyd showed Colin's picture
and asked her if she has any clues.{ 07 00 }

3) if you're unsure on a name (character, skill, location, organisation...)
use this sheet to check it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oYy01m5Icx6gnw6HpKhHSV_MP6HM_X1F9W9Pei-LyDI/edit#gid=0
(there're still some things to be checked that are in red. If you know something about them, make a suggestion...)
and these for arts, locations and so on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Jk-1PzrYXKped3rnfiiniI7r4M/edit#gid=413115086
If you don't find it there, ask. It's probably something we forgot but we already decided on...
4) in the files batches, when you're tired and going away, please write a simple message under the last line you have translated saying if you're
continuing it eventually. If I don't see anything, I'll assume I can take over from that point...whenever I'll reach it... This is for consistency.
5) You should follow the second link in my sign and sign up there.
Then send a pm to Zero to give you access to the very elusive and exclusive secret section where we plot world conquest at our pace :)

D

Deleted User

Really looking forward to this, even if its quite a ways off. Sure it'll be worth the time and effort.

I doubt anyone on the team looked into it at all, but has anyone attempted to decompress the it3 files at all? They're inside the Map folders, and have been the same format and file structure for at least the last 3 LoH games, including ZNK.

yangxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks for the info, Guren!
I'll get on with c017c then.

With regards to how you guys translate the texts, do you want a direct line by line conversion?
For example:

1. お探しのお子様は
2. 見かけてないと思いますよ。

Do you want that translated as:

(Line by line translation)

1. The child you're looking for
2. I don't believe I saw him.

OR

(Syntactically correct translation)

1. I don't think I saw
2. the child you're looking for.

The latter flows more naturally and might save people some time to check every single line and rewrite a bunch of them later.

Also, is there some degree of flexibility to use punctuations in lines (like comma and semicolon) that weren't present in the original Japanese texts?
Going back to the aforementioned example, it probably makes more sense to add a comma behind the first line if we're doing it line by line...

Just wanted to get those questions clarified so whatever I translate will be consistent throughout ;)

Guren no heya kara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Syntactically is the way, with added/changed punctuation.
We know that Japanese use of punctuation is a bit different than ours.
Another pointer: please use <> when you find 《》 and "" when you find 『』「」
Even if you miss something and so on it will be adjusted in theediting phase,
when we will decide how to consistently deal with them and other things,
so don't worry about it too much.
Like, we don't use suffixes (san, chan and so on), but Tio, for instance,
always uses them towards Lloyd and Elie, so I went with Mr. Lloyd
and Miss Elie, but they sound really weird and maybe will be dropped
in the editing phase.

yangxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cool, thanks for the clarification! :)
Yeah, I dropped the honorifics and whatnot in my translation, they just don't work in English.
XSEED did the same, IIRC.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Guren... now I am gonna actually have to do some work again on this game. :P

Funny side note... I'VE BEEN BANNED!! Was gonna access the GBATemp to read these comments on my phone while out shopping with the wife today and I got a message about that range of IPs being blocked. HA! Not a big deal though. Finally have a phone that will let me access the forums that won't let me do it when on mobile network. Irony!!

------------------------------------

On the phonics Mr. Lloyd and Miss Elie front... I kind of like those. I use them for people I really like in real life but I go with Mister instead of Mr.

yangxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems like cells with values in column D are event dialogues, and those without are NPC chats.
I'll translate the event dialogues in the batch file first, I have saves at specific points in game that I can jump back to refer to.
The NPC dialogues are harder to interpret without knowing the exact context, and since they're not exactly in chronological order, I'll slowly fill them in as I move on.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up. Not dead. Want to invite people to our new home and I promise we are working hard (or as hard as life will let us). PC FALCOM fans may find a nice surprise there.

I will say this though. You have to be approved in order to join. This is a technicality to keep as many bots and spam out of the forums as we possibly can. So please don't take it personal if it takes a little while to get in. Either myself or SkyWeise are around through out the day.

Reactions: Pablitox
D

Deleted User

How/where do we apply for invites? I'm glad this project isn't dead.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not an invite system. It is a registration approval. Basically, you answer a few questions and we look over it. It is just a safeguard for limiting spam. Head on over and register and we will get you approved.

D

Deleted User

It's not an invite system. It is a registration approval. Basically, you answer a few questions and we look over it. It is just a safeguard for limiting spam. Head on over and register and we will get you approved.

Signed upto the forum over at: http://lohtranslation.hyperboards.com but unsure on the approval stuff, I registered the standard way, and was able to post in a thread after confirming my email, I'm under the same username as here. I'm sure I'm overlooking something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKvq-eQnwNM