Hacking Legend of Heroes Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksinh6

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much for your reply! I've looked into the scenario/0 files (in -bin format) and the text files (_DT). First I used Notepad ++ (I'm a noob in these kind of things xD) and discovered a bunch of weird symbols (in some cases there were dialogues from the text) and then I used a program like XVI32 and I could read nearly all the files (many of thewm also had weird symbols, though). So now I can translate? I think that there a lot of things to do yet (if it were that easy, then fans would have translated the game long ago), but I want some basic indication in order to communicate this to the other members of the translation.

Thanks again!

EDIT: BTW, I want to translate Trails FC

Last edited by darksinh6,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you with this. It'll be tough to find someone who can. Trails has been released in English. I'll focus my efforts elsewhere. I have no problem releasing the Zero tools. You'll need someone who can look and them and figure out what's going on. You could also look here for some Ao no Kiseki tools to use as a reference: https://github.com/Ouroboros/Arianrhod/tree/master/Source/Falcom/EDAO (not mine)

If you wanted to do this game, Zero no Kiseki, in Spanish, I could help.
If you wanted to do Nayuta no Kiseki in Spanish, I could help.
I might even be able to help if you wanted to do Brandish Dark Revenant in Spanish.

Those games have already been hacked and just need some font work to accommodate your special letters.

Even though I haven't hacked it yet, I feel that Ys Seven is possible in Spanish, if you wanted to do that. SkyBladeCloud looked into it. I tried contacting him but with no reply.

darksinh6

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for replying. I'd do Zero no Kiseki into Spanish too, but I have no idea of Japanese and the game isn't in English yet, so it will have to wait.

I don't like the Ys saga, so I've no interest in translating the games.

Well, I will continue looking for people capable of hacking Trails in the Sky. Thanks!

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First and foremost... Don't use Notepad++ for editing these files in their native state. You are asking for some serious trouble. You will need at least a hex editor. wxMedit is the one I use for most stuff. I also use Hex Workshop but that one is paid software and probably more than you will need right now.

You will need to map out the code jumps and control codes for the files. From working on Zero and many other Falcom titles, you will be busy with that. Flame did all the hard stuff there. I just pointed him in a different direction when he got stuck (basically just used a fresh pair of eyes). These games use multiple pointer/control tables. Some are in the dialog files and other are somewhere else. I can't give exact locations because I felt Xseed did a good job on their translation, so I never bothered to mess with the games other than some nasty (game breaking) cheat codes. My suggestion, is if you are new to this, first try editing the stuff like item names and etc. You have to learn how to use pointers properly. Thankfully most of the files in the text folders (items, spells, "stuff") are straight forward pointers which there is tons of documentation on. Try romhacking.net in their documents section. I don't have time right now, but maybe some of the zero tools might work with the Trails FC stuff. Will check later when I have more time.

Reactions: Hargrun

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is still chugging along. Right now the translators are working their fingers to the bone on the translation. But with a script this size, you can't expect 2 people to get it translated in a few months. We are hoping for a 50% point around Christmas in terms of translation. If people with "real" translation skills wanted to jump in and help, would really speed up the process. On the hacking side of things, it is basically a waiting game for the translation to be done. I am by no means rushing Guren or Yangxu since I consider this a hobby and something that should be done during free time because you want to... not because you feel obligated to. Flame has made some bang up tools and I have the majority of technical details well under control. When the translation of the story is done, we will insert the original translation to do a QC/script edit. I can honestly say that if the translation gets done this summer, there is a really good chance of a Q4/2016 public release.

So this is a call out to any translators out there. If you want to see this game get done faster, we need your help. I don't want to see our current translators get burnt out because I really like their work. We could use the help.

If you want more current info on the project or the happens with our crew, we do have a forum in which we discuss the other games we are working on. On that note, I'm gonna let people know, if you don't wanna play on the PSP... get the PC version. We're working on that one also. :P

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are 121,000 lines and 1.4M characters in the main script alone.
And we are a little less than half of the way through.
1% of the text is 1,200 lines or 14,000 characters. That's a lot!

Nayuta had 29,000 lines and 362,000 characters so about a fourth of the ZnK size.
God Eater 2 has 16,000 lines. But their project team counts lines differently- the actual count is similar to Nayuta. It has been going fast because they have lots of translators working on it.
Unchained Blades Exxiv item table file has 8,300 lines and 83,000 characters. It's tiny by comparison, but it is only a small part of the game text.

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the sora no kiseki games had HUGE scripts. I've played through them all. If you need any help or questions a great place to ask, maybe yotaka can help, is here
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27259&st=0
It's a forum dedicated to these games. There's also someone with a username like mine lol. Also, when I'm done with exxiv, if a hacker doesn't find a way to get to the rest of the scrip (figures crossed) I could lend a hand.

Last edited by kaikaiser,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marvelous USA localizes games. It's not cool to discuss things on their forum like what we're doing there. It is, in fact, against the rules of their forum to discuss stuff like this. It is indeed a good place to get info about the games.

We'll have questions later, I think. Right now we need translators like zero_g_monkey says.

Shinon

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Marvelous USA localizes games. It's not cool to discuss things on their forum like what we're doing there. It is, in fact, against the rules of their forum to discuss stuff like this. It is indeed a good place to get info about the games.

We'll have questions later, I think. Right now we need translators like zero_g_monkey says.

I heard the sora no kiseki games had HUGE scripts. I've played through them all. If you need any help or questions a great place to ask, maybe yotaka can help, is here
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27259&st=0
It's a forum dedicated to these games. There's also someone with a username like mine lol. Also, when I'm done with exxiv, if a hacker doesn't find a way to get to the rest of the scrip (figures crossed) I could lend a hand.
Why not you help translate a portion of it?

Reactions: kaikaiser

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok. I've only looked around there a few times, never read the rules. Good to know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would love to help. Like I said above I want to finish the items table first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It is still chugging along. Right now the translators are working their fingers to the bone on the translation. But with a script this size, you can't expect 2 people to get it translated in a few months. We are hoping for a 50% point around Christmas in terms of translation. If people with "real" translation skills wanted to jump in and help, would really speed up the process. On the hacking side of things, it is basically a waiting game for the translation to be done. I am by no means rushing Guren or Yangxu since I consider this a hobby and something that should be done during free time because you want to... not because you feel obligated to. Flame has made some bang up tools and I have the majority of technical details well under control. When the translation of the story is done, we will insert the original translation to do a QC/script edit. I can honestly say that if the translation gets done this summer, there is a really good chance of a Q4/2016 public release.

So this is a call out to any translators out there. If you want to see this game get done faster, we need your help. I don't want to see our current translators get burnt out because I really like their work. We could use the help.

If you want more current info on the project or the happens with our crew, we do have a forum in which we discuss the other games we are working on. On that note, I'm gonna let people know, if you don't wanna play on the PSP... get the PC version. We're working on that one also. :P
If you have some item tables you want to throw my way I could help there. I know the games pretty well. I could work on those a little while I work on mine.

Last edited by kaikaiser,

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK no problem. Let me finish exxiv, then I might have time to help with scripts. I REALLY like the story in this and Ao.

kaikaiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear. The crossbell arc has some of the most EPIC boss battles and a lot of twists to the story. When this one is finished, and your not totally burned out, are you going to try Ao?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This look fun to play. I hope someday you will release full version and hopefully owner company of Legend of Heroes will not be jack*** like Square Enix did to Final Fantasy Type-0 in PSP for English translation for their huge hard work to finish.

You must not give up for your hard work effort. Do your best as you can.

zero_g_monkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not to worried about getting the Type-O treatment. I am more concerned about somebody jacking the translation to make a profit off of it. If you don't plan on doing the game, stay the hell away I say. Don't steal other people's work. Also, we won't be distributing copyrighted files that have been modified. That is a big no no. I understand somebody may want videos subtitled, but you will just have to make due with translated scripts in the form of 80s VHS anime days.

Last edited by zero_g_monkey,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn I have 8 modded rgh3 x360 slims I've done, I need to get rid of, I figured my family members or friends would want but times have changed. Think I'm gonna stop buying them and modding. Time to Switch it up (pun intended)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yay power outages
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I'm your friend
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There literally no storms in your area, does it go out alot? You need to just send me your slim n ill rgh3 it free.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or grow sum balls and do it yourself, not hard.