Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The fact that he would sacrifice anyone shows how committed he was to the cause. If he wasn't determined enough to kill his own blood then I would have had no respect for him.
I mean, he was doing it for the wrong reasons. At that point, when he mentioned maybe killing his sister and ultimately killing his father, it was already a game. It wasn't "I want to make the world a better place for honest people", it was "I win". That's what their sacrifice would have been for, a moment of gloating

Reactions: DrkBeam and x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, he was doing it for the wrong reasons. At that point, when he mentioned maybe killing his sister and ultimately killing his father, it was already a game. It wasn't "I want to make the world a better place for honest people", it was "I win". That's what their sacrifice would have been for, a moment of gloating
Regardless, he was making the world better. So while I agree the motivations maybe weren't the best - the outcome was still admirable.

Power corrupts everyone, but in spite of that - he still managed to create his perfect world.

Reactions: WeedZ

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It just depends of the philosophical viewpoint, killing is wrong regardless of circumstances in deontology, in utilitarian consequentialism it comes to the benefit of most people, like in watchmen killing millions to save billions, in my point of view, he was wrong at the end, even the lazy ones would be killed, so I will be killed by akira :(

Reactions: WeedZ

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
I really suggest people watch Death Note regardless if they are an anime fan or not. Death note is hands down one the smartest and philosophy driven anime that has ever been produced. There's just countless hours worth of debates on the topics the series brings up and so many moral topics that it covers. It actually takes time to make you think about what you are watching over just mindless entertainment.
and rick and moty has comedy only people with 200+ iq can understand

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got imprisoned once for stealing an apple, but I was innocent. The crime was solved pretty fast and I was free again. When I was so happy with my family again a couple of days later, I died surprisingly on a heart attack.

Light didn't update his Excel sheet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.