Limited edition Pokemon Scarlet and Violet themed Switch OLED announced

As is tradition with the launch of a huge new Pokemon game, so too is there a limited edition console release to go alongside it. Celebrating the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is the new Nintendo Switch OLED system themed around the games. It comes with one red and one purple Joy-Con, both emblazoned with emblems from the games on the bottom, while the back of the Switch OLED tablet is massively decked out in different designs using the same color pattern. Topping it all off is a white console dock that has the two legendary boxart Pokemon of Scarlet and Violet. The limited edition Switch OLED will launch two weeks in advance of the games' launch, on November 4th, for $359.99--$10 more than the standard MSRP, with the games sold separately.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice way to boost oled sales, slap a skin on it that will make its fans scream shut up and take my money.

Still, its inferior, over priced crap... just because it has a different colour and some stickers added..... you could do this yourself without having to rebuy the same consoles over again.

And hello, this is how nintendo can brag about how many units its selling, because they make that many different themed versions that they know the devoted fans will buy it on the spot.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really want to hype up Pokemon again, but for some reason I look at these trailers and I'm just... meh.

I don't know what happened, but the franchise just lost its magic for me after everything that happened in the Sword and Shield era, I used to love the franchise more than anything before that.

Reactions: k7ra

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts when I saw the announcement: "whos gonna buy another shitty Mariko with bigger screen and yet another theme?"
But I forgot we are here on the temp, either fanboys or the biggest haters, nothing in between.
i like pretty things and collector items. i really wanted that halo xbox series x, but it sold out immediately :(

if it makes you feel better, I'll probably sell one of my other switches. :3

At least it's slightly less lazy than usual, so many of these the switch console itself was just stock - at least they added some designs to the back

View attachment 326210
it's so...preeeeetty!!!

dangit, i must buy it now

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this more, than the Splatoon one. I'm pretty sure the chips in the Switch are or being discontinued, so they can only sell so many.

If it wasn't for rumors for the next system, I might have been tempted.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo yells jump, and all the fanbois jump.. increased price and dont even include game. at this point nintendo is going the apple route to see how many idiots will buy trash.

expected but always disappointing.

if you like the look, wait a month and amazon will have full shellswap kits for like $40. or you know.. waste $400

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo yells jump, and all the fanbois jump.. increased price and dont even include game. at this point nintendo is going the apple route to see how many idiots will buy trash.

expected but always disappointing.

if you like the look, wait a month and amazon will have full shellswap kits for like $40. or you know.. waste $400
$10 premium for a special edition switch at times of extreme inflation all over the world - actually constituting a lower price than last year in real dollars

All the while you could still buy an original OLED switch for $350 if you didn't want to pay the $10 premium (higher price is only for special pokemon unit)

And Sony increasing PS5 price by 50€ and various other amounts in other markets

I would say Nintendo is being fairly generous with this pricing scheme

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thing looks great. Nothing to complain about that.

But the world is dumb, and it's a limited edition Nintendo product so open the thing and actually using it is like burning money in long term.
Nintendo is just following what scalpers do. Sad.

Lego announced some time ago they're going to increase the price because its target audience are adult collectors when originally it was kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cutter
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Cutter