Limited edition Pokemon Scarlet and Violet themed Switch OLED announced

As is tradition with the launch of a huge new Pokemon game, so too is there a limited edition console release to go alongside it. Celebrating the release of Pokemon Scarlet and Violet is the new Nintendo Switch OLED system themed around the games. It comes with one red and one purple Joy-Con, both emblazoned with emblems from the games on the bottom, while the back of the Switch OLED tablet is massively decked out in different designs using the same color pattern. Topping it all off is a white console dock that has the two legendary boxart Pokemon of Scarlet and Violet. The limited edition Switch OLED will launch two weeks in advance of the games' launch, on November 4th, for $359.99--$10 more than the standard MSRP, with the games sold separately.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a really slick console, I have to admit I am very tempted to pick it up. I do wish it came with a copy of the game tho :P

They should have made a white joycon holder for this console

1662574451998.png

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Looks great, but I would actually want the controllers in a single solid color than a "stamp" on them. Just a preference

Reactions: osaka35

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Might buy it just to have it. The dock looks kinda cool. The controllers are meh... There should have been a themed joycon adapter.

Honestly, though? What is it with Nintendo making lackluster special edition consoles? This one is halfway there to being GOOD.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might buy it just to have it. The dock looks kinda cool. The controllers are meh... There should have been a themed joycon adapter.

Honestly, though? What is it with Nintendo making lackluster special edition consoles? This one is halfway there to being GOOD.
Why use more effort when less effort do trick

We need to speak with our wallets otherwise we get what we deserve I guess ;A;

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of weird that they're increasing the price.
Aren't special editions usually the same price as the base console (provided that they don't include the game)?
Not to mention the system's been out for a while already.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Aren't special editions usually the same price as the base console (provided that they don't include the game)?
Not to mention the system's been out for a while already.
I think they've always been more expensive since you get said game included. I this case probably both?

EDIT: Just saw they didn't include this time. What the...

Reactions: impeeza

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why use more effort when less effort do trick

We need to speak with our wallets otherwise we get what we deserve I guess ;A;
Yeah, it contradicts my initial post, but you're right. I like the dock, but that's really all it's got going for it imo.

Reactions: x65943

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks really nice. Switch consoles got some nice themes this year. I actually really like the Splatoon one. If OLED was easier to hack. I'd probably buy the Splatoon one.

Reactions: x65943

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just got the splatoon switch oled. Am I going to get this one as well? harumph. probably.
My thoughts when I saw the announcement: "whos gonna buy another shitty Mariko with bigger screen and yet another theme?"
But I forgot we are here on the temp, either fanboys or the biggest haters, nothing in between.

Reactions: impeeza and Chaosta

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it contradicts my initial post, but you're right. I like the dock, but that's really all it's got going for it imo.
At least it's slightly less lazy than usual, so many of these the switch console itself was just stock - at least they added some designs to the back

1662580450844.png

• Love
Reactions: osaka35 and Kioku

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess they don't want to go back on their word so fast after they said there wouldn't be a price increase when Playstation announced one, so now they are just gonna be like "well aKsHuaLLy it didn't exist like this before and therefore it is not an increase in price"

Zajumino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is a really slick console, I have to admit I am very tempted to pick it up. I do wish it came with a copy of the game tho :P
Gamed are never included in the pokemon special edition models.

Defeats the purpose really
At least they aren't forcing you to buy the game at full price. Plus, usually its a digital copy which I don't like anyways.

Reactions: Goku1992A

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.