Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, just to report I received my copy of TBoI: Afterbirth+ bought online and cartridge is ver. 000 so I can play it on FW 3.0.0 w/o updating and w/o issues. Great addicting game to play and spend time till emunand for 3.0.0 is released by sciresm

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm a bit confused I brought a switch with fw 3.0.1 can I buy Mario odissey and play offline?

Well it depend of the revision of your cartridge... if 000 you can play on 3.01, if 001 you have to update with the 3.02 update on the cartridge, if the rev is superior it'll ask for a superior update...and yes of course you can play

offline...

You can take a look to another good thread; Resaec "cartridge information collection" to check precisely your cartridge...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cartridge-information-collection.492311/

Last edited by bubulle,
Reactions: crazyxelite

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it depend of the revision of your cartridge... if 000 you can play on 3.01, if 001 you have to update with the 3.02 update on the cartridge, if the rev is superior it'll ask for a superior update...and yes of course you can play

offline...

You can take a look to another good thread; Resaec "cartridge information collection" to check precisely your cartridge...

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cartridge-information-collection.492311/

It will be hard to find one on 000? I don't have much choice Argos I can get for £38, but if I get 001 I'm screwed, better pay a bit more get from amazon if its 001 I just return it.

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Let's say I buy a pre-owned copy of Pokken Tournament DX...
Is there a chance that if the previous owner updated past 3.0.0, the cartridge bundled firmware is updated too?
I'm probably buying a used one but I'm afraid that even if it's 000 it could have been internally updated to a newer firmware, thus, making my Switch update past 3.0.0.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Let's say I buy a pre-owned copy of Pokken Tournament DX...
Is there a chance that if the previous owner updated past 3.0.0, the cartridge bundled firmware is updated too?
I'm probably buying a used one but I'm afraid that even if it's 000 it could have been internally updated to a newer firmware, thus, making my Switch update past 3.0.0.
No, we confirmed that there is no such thing as cartridge tainting up to 4.1.0 and there is probably no physical way to do so even on later FW.

Reactions: Kilimbi

Kilimbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, we confirmed that there is no such thing as cartridge tainting up to 4.1.0 and there is probably no physical way to do so even on later FW.

Thanks for the response. I'll get my hands on a pre-owned copy of Pokken Tournament DX then. :)

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ist there any info whether consoles share a downloaded update instead of their current fw?

They install the firmware that is installed on that system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will updateding splatoon with the local mode make me update and not make splatoon work?

If your base firmware is to low it will...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto