Hacking [List] Games required Firmware version

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Kirby runs on 4.1.0, but day one patch was out after 5.0.0 here, so the patch would need 5.0.0 to download.
Not exactly, I was able to start downloading the 1.1.1 patch earlier today, but I cancelled it before it finished in case it required 5.0 because I didn't want to risk the game not working after unlock. So still unsure if the 1.1.1 patch would actually require 5.0 (and will probably not know for a long time now since it seems like the game download/update grace period is over).

lagjazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry. But all the lists on the internet (including the Switch of my girlfriend) suggest otherwise. So I do not believe you. If it would really be true make 2 screenshots. 1 of your firmware and 1 of the game running.

Why would I provide false info? but it doesn't matter now, I have upgraded my to 5.0.0, I have another switch kept at 2.3.0.

ocomma

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Have Switch @1.0.0 and need to get at least 1 game ('Puyo Puyo Tetris JP') to have any sorts of fun ahead. So I'd rather get a 2.1.0-game like 'Arms' or 'Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle' even knowing CFW might take longer to get. But will those games require me to update FW online? I mean ...

Is it really only 'Azure Striker Gunvolt', 'Super Mario Odyssey' and 'Pokken Tournament DX' with ^Update x.y.z on card^?

Last edited by ocomma,

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I changed Kirby Star Allies! Keep up the sharing is caring :wub:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have Switch @1.0.0 and need to get at least 1 game ('Puyo Puyo Tetris JP') to have any sorts of fun ahead. So I'd rather get a 2.1.0-game like 'Arms' or 'Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle' even knowing CFW might take longer to get. But will those games require me to update FW online? I mean ...

Is it really only 'Azure Striker Gunvolt', 'Super Mario Odyssey' and 'Pokken Tournament DX' with ^Update x.y.z on card^?

The only ones we have confirmed in this list. If I am not mistaken (but that could be wrong) is that the needed firmware for each game is on each cartridge. But again... could be wrong there.

Why would I provide false info? but it doesn't matter now, I have upgraded my to 5.0.0, I have another switch kept at 2.3.0.

I was not trying to imply that you are providing false information on purpose! However I can not confirm the info anywhere.

Reactions: ocomma

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A buddy of mine just told me that the Kirby cartridge he bought required a 5.0.0 upgrade upon insertion :O
I don't think there is a 001 already, but im gonna ask him later tho

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I have a Switch 3.0.0 and BotW 002 Cartridge. I dont want to update switch but want to play some games on it. I have seen that TBoI cartridge 000 allows for playing below FW 3.0.0 (From cartridge information thread) :

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (USA) - BAAZA
  • 000 - 1.0.0 - 1.0.0
Does anyone have a 001 or 002 cartridge of this game, and if so, what does it update to? I want to know before taking the plunge and buying it.

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys. I have a Switch 3.0.0 and BotW 002 Cartridge. I dont want to update switch but want to play some games on it. I have seen that TBoI cartridge 000 allows for playing below FW 3.0.0 (From cartridge information thread) :

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ (USA) - BAAZA
  • 000 - 1.0.0 - 1.0.0
Does anyone have a 001 or 002 cartridge of this game, and if so, what does it update to? I want to know before taking the plunge and buying it.

I believe there has been no revision of this game. I bought it in Austria last month and had a "new" game that was still 000.

Reactions: Bullseye

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to share you can in fact get game updates on a 5.0.0 console and then share it with a 4.1.0 console with the "Match Version with Local Users" option. Got my 1.0.0 splatoon 2 I received on Friday to the latest 2.3.2 update without access to eshop downloads. I'll also be testing with Kirby when I get that tomorrow.

BvanBart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted to share you can in fact get game updates on a 5.0.0 console and then share it with a 4.1.0 console with the "Match Version with Local Users" option. Got my 1.0.0 splatoon 2 I received on Friday to the latest 2.3.2 update without access to eshop downloads. I'll also be testing with Kirby when I get that tomorrow.
But why? We know that you can update this way... however you might be locking yourself out by installing an update that is too high for your firmware?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why? We know that you can update this way... however you might be locking yourself out by installing an update that is too high for your firmware?
Did some more testing today. It appears update 1.1.1 for Kirby Star Allies requires 5.0.0.
Interesting find, it seems if you try to match version with local users for an update that requires a firmware update, the consoles will send a system update to each other along with the game update. Luckily it specifically tells you it's sending a system update and you can cancel before it downloads.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did some more testing today. It appears update 1.1.1 for Kirby Star Allies requires 5.0.0.
Interesting find, it seems if you try to match version with local users for an update that requires a firmware update, the consoles will send a system update to each other along with the game update. Luckily it specifically tells you it's sending a system update and you can cancel before it downloads.

This is amazing news! I had been wondering if you could get game updates this way. It's a somewhat limited use, but still great to know that you can get at least some game updates still from other users while staying on 4.1 or less. (Also thanks for confirming that 1.1.1 of Kirby requires 5.0; glad I stayed on my eShop 1.1.0 version now!)

He was specifically referring to game updates in the first post. I don't think anyone knew if you could still get game updates from another console on a newer firmware version (because I believe 4.1 introduced this feature for game updates, so 5.0 offered the first chance to test this). Also great that it notifies you if it will just be the game update or if the game update also requires a newer firmware version before sending/installing it. Awesome finds!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is amazing news! I had been wondering if you could get game updates this way. It's a somewhat limited use, but still great to know that you can get at least some game updates still from other users while staying on 4.1 or less. (Also thanks for confirming that 1.1.1 of Kirby requires 5.0; glad I stayed on my eShop 1.1.0 version now!)

He was specifically referring to game updates in the first post. I don't think anyone knew if you could still get game updates from another console on a newer firmware version (because I believe 4.1 introduced this feature for game updates, so 5.0 offered the first chance to test this). Also great that it notifies you if it will just be the game update or if the game update also requires a newer firmware version before sending/installing it. Awesome finds!
It doesn't really "notify" you, but it does display text saying its downloading a system update. You'll have to pay attention and cancel manually if it does that if you want to take the risk, because it doesn't ask before downloading, and I'm unsure if it will ask before installing the system update.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really "notify" you, but it does display text saying its downloading a system update. You'll have to pay attention and cancel manually if it does that if you want to take the risk, because it doesn't ask before downloading, and I'm unsure if it will ask before installing the system update.

Good to know, thanks for that added information. Regardless, still great to know that cross-system FW game updates are even possible. You'd think Ninty would require all consoles to be on the newest firmware between them before exchanging game updates like this. I wonder if you could transfer your profile/saves from a 5.0FW to a 4.1 system or vice versa...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo