Gaming List of all DS(i) Rereleases/Ports/Remakes/etc (includes DSiWare and Homebrew)

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was gonna write a whole thing about this but basically there's no comprehensive list on all the games that were Rereleased* to the DS and for DS games to other systems, so I made it myself.

*Rerelease = Rereleases/Remakes/Remasters/Ports/Enhanced Ports/Reimaginings/Reissue/Reborn/Remix/whatever you call it.

Here's the link to the Google Sheets

Some notes:
  • Commenting is enabled for corrections/additions (or just reply to this thread)
  • A lot of Console games were released on the DS with the same name but are actually completely different (such as Sonic Colours and Call of Duty), those titles are not counted
  • I probably got the names of many Japanese-exclusive titles wrong, feel free to correct me on that as well
  • A good few games listed were later ported/remade for other systems (such as Front Mission and Resident Evil) besides the DS, those later games aren't counted (unless it's directly based off of the DS version such as with Final Fantasy 3 3D and 4 3D)
  • The lists also include DSiWare and Homebrew titles (formatted accordingly), any finished translations to Japanese-only DS titles are also linked in the notes section
  • Homebrew ports should at least be somewhat stable and should at least be comparable to their original versions
  • I've obviously not been able to play all of the games listed myself and have just been reling mostly on other sources (see below) so please let me know if anything is missing or incorrect
  • As for my sources of information, outside of the popular/wellknown stuff (e.g. Mario, Mega Man, Dragon Quest) I've searched through Wikipedia, Backloggd, and atwiki (thanks to Evie for this one)

You can also message me on Discord (@Kaisaan) for suggestions/corrections/additions over in #nds-gaming in the DS⁽ⁱ⁾ Mode Hacking! Discord Server

I think that's all, hopefully this is useful for someone for something.

Last edited by Kaisaan,

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Can the Pokemon Mystery dungeon blue team be considered a rerelease? I say it because it was released alongside the gba version at the same time if I remember right. Also they released a remake for it on the Switch

Reactions: Kaisaan

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can the Pokemon Mystery dungeon blue team be considered a rerelease? I say it because it was released alongside the gba version at the same time if I remember right. Also they released a remake for it on the Switch

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-184502~2.png
    Screenshot_20230107-184502~2.png
    109 KB · Views: 78

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I know it's on the list, however I was saying that maybe it doesn't have a place on that list since it wasn't a rerelease, it was released alongside its gba counterpart and it also got a remake on the switch

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I know it's on the list, however I was saying that maybe it doesn't have a place on that list since it wasn't a rerelease, it was released alongside its gba counterpart and it also got a remake on the switch

You're right that both Blue and Red Rescue Team was released at the same time. I think they still count on my list since they were released on different consoles. Technically speaking, Blue Rescue Team is a "port" (or enhanced port) of Red Rescue Team and so I think it makes sense to keep it on the list. Along with that, since Rescue Team DX contains the pokemon exclusive to Blue Rescue Team, I think it also makes sense to at least consider it a remake of both games as well. Thank you for the feedback!
Also, thank you everyone else for the kind words so far!

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome list, Kaisaan! I've got some to add. It's not much, but I'll try to think up of some more later tonight. (note that my dates are for the NA releases)

Dark Void Zero: appears to have been released as DSiWare in early 2010 and then iOS/PC a few months later. I haven't been able to find the iOS/PC versions, so it might be good to check if you can.
Flipnote Studio: originally released in 2009 as DSiWare, then on 3DS in 2015.

Others I'm not so sure about:
Electroplankton: the electroplankton series was originally bundled in one game for DS 2006, but released as 10 separate apps in 2009.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome list, Kaisaan! I've got some to add. It's not much, but I'll try to think up of some more later tonight. (note that my dates are for the NA releases)

Dark Void Zero: appears to have been released as DSiWare in early 2010 and then iOS/PC a few months later. I haven't been able to find the iOS/PC versions, so it might be good to check if you can.
Flipnote Studio: originally released in 2009 as DSiWare, then on 3DS in 2015.

Others I'm not so sure about:
Electroplankton: the electroplankton series was originally bundled in one game for DS 2006, but released as 10 separate apps in 2009.
Flipnote Studio was the reason I got a DSi in the first place. Was making flipnotes as a hobby and published them to Sudomemo because I had some good talent back then, until I stopped making them and sold it.

Reactions: Tarmfot and rvtr

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Flipnote studio helped make the DSi feel alive. It was the best console with the best apps! (minus nearly all DSiWare lol)
The Wii and the DSi had tons and tons of shovelware.

Reactions: rvtr

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thank you, Ian! As for your suggestions:
  • Dark Void Zero was indeed ported to PC at some point, as it does have a Steam Page but for some reason was taken off the store.
  • Flipnote Studio 3D seems to be considered just a "3ds version" of Flipnote Studio and not really a "port/remake for 3DS" from what I've been told before as it was on my sheet before.
  • Electroplankton was indeed rereleased into separate DSiWare titles, I will be adding them now.
    Update: Electroplankton is already included in the List of DS games available as DSiWare page which I already have included, so I don't need to add it twice I suppose. Thank you regardless.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: SylverReZ and rvtr

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you, Ian! As for your suggestions:
  • Dark Void Zero was indeed ported to PC at some point, as it does have a Steam Page but for some reason was taken off the store.
  • Flipnote Studio 3D seems to be considered just a "3ds version" of Flipnote Studio and not really a "port/remake for 3DS" from what I've been told before as it was on my sheet before.
  • Electroplankton was indeed rereleased into separate DSiWare titles, I will be adding them now.

Thank you for the feedback!
Flipnote Studio 3D took a while to get to Europe. I downloaded the Japanese version on my 3DS to access Hatena.

rvtr

Nintendo DS hoarder
Trophies
Website
randommeaninglesscharacters.com
XP
Country
Canada
How sad is it that I've played nearly every DSiWare title? But hey, at least it makes it easier for me to figure out the ones that "feel like mobile shovelware" and add them to the list.

ZENONIA: started out as a mobile game, but was later released as DSiWare. Also released on PSP and Zeebo.
Castle of Magic: started out as a mobile game, but was turned into DSiWare and a Java game.
Shantae: Risky's Revenge: originally released as DSiWare, but released on mobile, PC, PS4, PS5, Wii U, Switch, Xbox One, Luna, Stadia... and you thought GTA 5 was a milked game.
Petit Computer: Originally released as DSiWare, then on 3DS, Wii U, and Switch. I'm not sure about the Wii U and Switch differences though. Again, you might want to check those first.
Penguin Patrol: started out as a mobile game, but was later released as DSiWare.

...damn. I could've sworn 101 Pinball World had a port. I really wanted an excuse to share this lovely OST with you.

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How sad is it that I've played nearly every DSiWare title? But hey, at least it makes it easier for me to figure out the ones that "feel like mobile shovelware" and add them to the list.

...damn. I could've sworn 101 Pinball World had a port. I really wanted an excuse to share this lovely OST with you.
Thank you for your service, I have updated the sheets accordingly. Also 101 Pinball World's OST goes very hard, thank you.

Reactions: rvtr

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great list!

You are Missing the Duke Nukem 3D ports. There was a JFDuke3D beta port for DSi somewhere in this forum.

Thank you! I added what I found from GameBrew. If there is a different port that you're referring to, please link me the thread you found.

mrparrot2

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you! I added what I found from GameBrew. If there is a different port that you're referring to, please link me the thread you found.
So I Just noticed that this New duke3d stuff is undocumented, so here It is:

JFDuke3D Port for DSi: https://github.com/elhobbs/jfduke3d/raw/main/jfduke3d.nds

Old Troy Davis DS Port of Duke3D with heavy performance improvements: https://github.com/giulianobelinassi/duke3d-nds/blob/main/duke3d.nds?raw=true

This ALL boils down to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/who-wants-duke-nukem-3d-jfduke-on-the-dsi.615592/page-6

History short, @Nikokaro wanted a good Duke3D Port for DS and @elhobbs stepped in to fix the sound problems in Troy Davis Port and I stepped in fixing the performance problems in It. Then we analyzed if JFDuke3D could be ported and how, with @elhobbs managing to do It.

Now I dont know if this JFDuke3D works on retail DS, tho. But I played this beta for a while and althrough It crashes randomly sometimes, It is more reliable than Troy Davis one.

Kaisaan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I should probably make an update post for this since I've still been updating the lists.

I have changed the cell colours to make it look a bit nicer. I've also linked to the main sources I've been using.
The main issue right now is that sources don't always specify if a game is a remake, or there's only one source claiming this. I've noticed this a lot for Japanese-exclusive VNs (specifically otomes) but also for just any relatively less popular game. This makes it difficult for me to confirm or correct info on the sheets.
If there's anything that y'all are able to confirm, give corrections, or have any other games that should be added, please let me know as I'm trying to make these lists as comprehensive as possible (which is difficult for a system that has more than 3 games).
Besides that, thank you for the support so far, everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/cKEFoR8kec0?si=ZyebV_OHR6dxXWCE