List of the best Rom hacks!!!

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any hacks for Kingdom Hearts chain of memories? Would be interesting...also GREAT THREAD!

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
List Will be updated tomorrow.When all of these were hosted on megaupload there was a total of 126 downloads,but it is better with direct downloads.Also tomorrow I will add a translation section,and your contributions if I get to them.Thanks guys!

Note:Do not give me any links from rom-hacking.net.It is forbidden to access their server,and almost all links were broken,but I have provided a new source.
grog.gif

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The list could be categorized by console, right now it just says SNES&NES at the top. There could be a download button image for each one too, instead of"Click here to Download now!" at the end of each description.

This is a nice list though, keep it up.
smile.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
The list could be categorized by console, right now it just says SNES&NES at the top. There could be a download button image for each one too, instead of"Click here to Download now!" at the end of each description.

This is a nice list though, keep it up.
smile.gif
Yeah well I might categorize it lata...
But what do you mean by a "download button image" and if you can supply one that would be nice.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey what about Super Demo World The legend continues for the super mario world; it was a hack to show the potential of Lunar Magic...

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Hey what about Super Demo World The legend continues for the super mario world; it was a hack to show the potential of Lunar Magic...
Yes I know all about it.I will add it to the list soon,but right now I have my head stuck in a book studying.Check back in a few hours or so,and the list will be updated.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
But what do you mean by a "download button image" and if you can supply one that would be nice.

Just an image which would link vs. a regular link. You could do something like in the GBAtemp news posts, like...

download.gif
Download

It's just having the download link on the same line as the description is a bit hard to read and absorb.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Eternal Myst said:

Just an image which would link vs. a regular link. You could do something like in the GBAtemp news posts, like...

download.gif
Download

It's just having the download link on the same line as the description is a bit hard to read and absorb.
Thank you!
happy.gif

I will add that when I update it.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
Thank you!
happy.gif

Nice job
wink.gif
I think a couple were still on the description line, but for the most part it looks good. Perhaps all this could be added to the wiki here?

I also must nominate Super Mario Frustration (or Forever?). It's a incredibly hard Super Mario Bros. hack. I think the previous link someone posted was broken, here are a few. I believe I have the IPS patch too, if you wish to add it.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Eternal Myst said:
Thank you!
happy.gif

Nice job
wink.gif
I think a couple were still on the description line, but for the most part it looks good. Perhaps all this could be added to the wiki here?

I also must nominate Super Mario Frustration (or Forever?). It's a incredibly hard Super Mario Bros. hack. I think the previous link someone posted was broken, here are a few. I believe I have the IPS patch too, if you wish to add it.
I will.We can make a wiki later when I know how to lol,and boy is super mario forever difficult I got to 5-4 last night.It took me forever hence the name super mario forever.One Sec let me look for some screenshots for it,and I will add it.

I can't find an ips patch for it.Only roms that have been patched.Do you mind if you can supply it

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Eternal Myst said:
I can't find an ips patch for it.Only roms that have been patched.Do you mind if you can supply it

http://www.mediafire.com/?ll31lmw3dgx

I found it with a little googling, but I haven't tested it. Honestly I've never been able to beat 1-1, though I've never played on real NES hardware, just a NDS emulator and a PC one.

The strangest thing is how the first level is different in different emulators. If you use the FCEU one for the Wii, it brings you to 0-1, a boring water level. I'll have to modify the 0-1 level to 1-1 or something if I want to have a real challenge.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
distorted.frequency said:
Nice.
biggrin.gif
I think I'm going to have to play again sometime.

Do you have to have some knowledge of the first Dragoon X Omega to play the second one? Just asking...
No sorry.I haven't played them yet.I am currently playing Super Metroid Legacy.I still don't know what Dragon X Omega is about,but am going to start it soon.

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eternal Myst said:
distorted.frequency said:
Nice.
biggrin.gif
I think I'm going to have to play again sometime.

Do you have to have some knowledge of the first Dragoon X Omega to play the second one? Just asking...
No sorry.I haven't played them yet.I am currently playing Super Metroid Legacy.I still don't know what Dragon X Omega is about,but am going to start it soon.

Thanks anyway. I'll just play both.
biggrin.gif

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Eternal Myst said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ll31lmw3dgx

I found it with a little googling, but I haven't tested it. Honestly I've never been able to beat 1-1, though I've never played on real NES hardware, just a NDS emulator and a PC one.

The strangest thing is how the first level is different in different emulators. If you use the FCEU one for the Wii, it brings you to 0-1, a boring water level. I'll have to modify the 0-1 level to 1-1 or something if I want to have a real challenge.

Yeah I will add it now.Damn it's hard almost done with it been playing it for atleast a month.Id Pick up and Play....and die.Again.

awdofgum said:
Nice thread!
I recommend putting each game into it's own spoiler.
Thats what I was going to do,but I can't find the spolier tag thing,sorry for my english im arabic,but I can;t find the spolier tag thingy.Mind telling me how.

QUOTE(cosmo2389 @ May 28 2008, 12:45 AM)
Awesome idea kais! I recently discovered the awesomeness of game hacks and I truly appreciate what you have done here!

Great job and thanks a bunch!
No Problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU