Homebrew Project Local Stores

izenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all the stores that have been taken down lately, I've been working locally hosted stores. I have them built, dockerized, and tested as much as i can, and now i'm looking for beta testers.

the homebrew app store can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/izenn/hbas-local

the nsp/xci store can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/izenn/nsp-docker

make sure you read the readme file because there are a couple things you need to do to have the build work (edit and/or copy a file -- super easy stuff)

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or things are unclear so i can fix/update as necessary.

[edit]
it was bothering me today that the nsp-indexer wouldn't handle custom nsp/xci's nicely, so i wrote a store for custom created/unsigned files:
https://gitlab.com/izenn/cs-docker

Last edited by izenn,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with all the stores that have been taken down lately, I've been working locally hosted stores. I have them built, dockerized, and tested as much as i can, and now i'm looking for beta testers.

the homebrew app store can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/izenn/hbas-local

the nsp/xci store can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/izenn/nsp-docker

make sure you read the readme file because there are a couple things you need to do to have the build work (edit and/or copy a file -- super easy stuff)

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or things are unclear so i can fix/update as necessary.
@binkinator seal of ecstatic approval and appreciation

Really nice work, man! I smoke tested hbas-local and it’s pretty damn cool! Thank you!

I intend to use this to store “other” homebrew that doesn’t make it to the official 4TU app for whatever reason
(hacky builds, unpopular apps, apps I don’t want to have latest, apps that aren’t OSS, apps that the dev doesn’t submit, etc, etc.)

E: Haven’t tested your nsp-indexer inside of a Docker container but I will do shortly. Super excited

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hey guys, at first, thank you for your work @izenn ! And thank you @binkinator for pointing me in the right direction yesterday!
I'm currently testing the nsp-indexer docker. But it doesnt work for me.. i'll try to describe.

System: Debian 11 - openmediavault 6 NAS in Oracle virtualmachine
in this VM i have a shared folder looking like that:

1.png

I'm using portainer for docker management, so i decided to add the docker-compose.yml (https://gitlab.com/izenn/nsp-docker/-/blob/main/docker/docker-compose.yml) inside portainer's "stack" category (they call it stacks, but its compose as usual). Before that, i edited the docker-compose.yml to work with my directorys and changed the host port from 8000 to 8002, because portainer itself is running on port 8000.

docker-compose.yml looks like that:

---
version: "2.1"
services:
nsp-indexer:
image: lscr.io/linuxserver/nginx:latest
container_name: nsp-indexer
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- TZ=Europe/Berlin
- NSPINDEXER_EXTPORT=8000
volumes:
- ../custom-scripts:/custom-cont-init.d:ro
- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b9e5c2ea-468a-406f-ad57-6b89e64e4eed/daten/switch/custom-files:/custom-files:ro
- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b9e5c2ea-468a-406f-ad57-6b89e64e4eed/daten/switch:/data/games
ports:
- 8002:80
networks:
switch:
aliases:
- nsp-indexer
restart: unless-stopped

networks:
switch:
# docker will create a network for you called docker_switch.
# if you want to connect to a pre-existing network uncomment and edit below
# external: true

The problem now is, that there is not more than this message, when i open the website http://10.0.0.241:8002/

2.png

What am i missing? Where is the problem?

Thanks in advance :-)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, at first, thank you for your work @izenn ! And thank you @binkinator for pointing me in the right direction yesterday!
I'm currently testing the nsp-indexer docker. But it doesnt work for me.. i'll try to describe.

System: Debian 11 - openmediavault 6 NAS in Oracle virtualmachine
in this VM i have a shared folder looking like that:

View attachment 343671

I'm using portainer for docker management, so i decided to add the docker-compose.yml (https://gitlab.com/izenn/nsp-docker/-/blob/main/docker/docker-compose.yml) inside portainer's "stack" category (they call it stacks, but its compose as usual). Before that, i edited the docker-compose.yml to work with my directorys and changed the host port from 8000 to 8002, because portainer itself is running on port 8000.

docker-compose.yml looks like that:

---
services:
nsp-indexer:
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- TZ=Europe/Berlin
volumes:
- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b9e5c2ea-468a-406f-ad57-6b89e64e4eed/daten/switch/custom-files:/custom-files:ro
- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-b9e5c2ea-468a-406f-ad57-6b89e64e4eed/daten/switch:/data/games
ports:
networks:
switch:
aliases:
- nsp-indexer

networks:
switch:

The problem now is, that there is not more than this message, when i open the website http://10.0.0.241:8002/

View attachment 343672

What am i missing? Where is the problem?

Thanks in advance :-)

I always like to separate my containers from my build pipeline. Get the container working in standalone first. Then simplify the Docker-compose to just spinning up the built container based on your working local image.

Last edited by binkinator,

izenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
---
services:
nsp-indexer:
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- TZ=Europe/Berlin
volumes:
ports:
networks:
switch:
aliases:
- nsp-indexer

networks:
switch:
the build script in the custom scripts directory isn't running. if you look in volumes, you have the custom-files and games directories re-defined to your proper locations, but not the custom-scripts directory
Post automatically merged:

the build script in the custom scripts directory isn't running. if you look in volumes, you have the custom-files and games directories re-defined to your proper locations, but not the custom-scripts directory
also you need to change NSPINDEXER_EXTPORT in the environment portion to 8002

Last edited by izenn,

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Post automatically merged:

also you need to change NSPINDEXER_EXTPORT in the environment portion to 8002
Thanks for your answer. i modified the env variables and defined the location for the custom-scripts.

6.jpg

Now the problem is that the build.sh does not run or stops. Here is the log-file of the nsp-indexer container:

3.jpg

Now i thought i'm the smart one here, lets try it in the terminal - same problem. Just to be able to exclude it I tried it with chmod +x - of course it was the same error, the script execution is not the problem.

My directories now look like this:

4.jpg

5.jpg

I don't know what else to try.

izenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer. i modified the env variables and defined the location for the custom-scripts.

View attachment 343867

Now the problem is that the build.sh does not run or stops. Here is the log-file of the nsp-indexer container:

View attachment 343864

Now i thought i'm the smart one here, lets try it in the terminal - same problem. Just to be able to exclude it I tried it with chmod +x - of course it was the same error, the script execution is not the problem.

My directories now look like this:

View attachment 343865

View attachment 343866

I don't know what else to try.
Try pulling a fresh copy of the build.sh script. It looks like your build.sh is a web page instead of a shell script (solely based on the error message)

Reactions: realbout

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Try pulling a fresh copy of the build.sh script. It looks like your build.sh is a web page instead of a shell script (solely based on the error message)
Now it works, thanks for your help! The problem was, that the build.sh file was indeed absolutely wrong. I have to open it in the browser and manually download the file. Just a right click and save was'nt the right way.

izenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now it works, thanks for your help! The problem was, that the build.sh file was indeed absolutely wrong. I have to open it in the browser and manually download the file. Just a right click and save was'nt the right way.
for future, the easiest way to get the docker stuff from gitlab is to do a git clone or pull:
git clone https://gitlab.com/izenn/nsp-docker.git

realbout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I have one (hopefully) last problem. I dont have write permissions in the game directory. I've checked the environment variables and they seem to be right.
PUID = 1000
PGID = 100
This is also what I have defined as the environment variable in my other docker containers. I've looked into the terminal "id" and got uid=1000 and gid=100. This could not be the problem. The permissions on the directory's are also fine. Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance B-)

izenn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one (hopefully) last problem. I dont have write permissions in the game directory. I've checked the environment variables and they seem to be right.
PUID = 1000
PGID = 100
This is also what I have defined as the environment variable in my other docker containers. I've looked into the terminal "id" and got uid=1000 and gid=100. This could not be the problem. The permissions on the directory's are also fine. Do you know what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance B-)
so that is going to be very environment specific. If you want to be able to write to the directory both inside and outside the container then you will want the PUID to match what your external uid is. the PUID dictates what the UID is for the abc user (which is what the user is that the services in the container run as).

when the container runs in build.sh there is a line: chown -R abc:abc $GAMESDIR. this should take the directory specified as gamesdir and make it so that the container can read/write. if this doesn't work, there are 2 things you can check

1) make sure the volume isn't mounted into the container as RO
2) try creating a directory in your gamedir with the permissions 777 from outside the container. then from in the container try to create a file in the newly created directory. - use this to confirm that your UID/PUID are matching up properly

anything more than that then i'd have to pass it off as a portainer issue (i've never used that, i've used podman and docker)

Reactions: realbout

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not from more than 2 feet tho
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You confuse shooting for milking
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, hasn't shot anything since 1938
    +2
    I think that was "The great depression" time
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It like one of those fake guns, that shoot, then a flag comes out and says, "splash"
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah a world War wasn't going on or anything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Americans lied about camps for propaganda
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, where is your gun at?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought he already showed you his gun
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun." - Full Metal Jacket
    +1
    We actually said that in Boot Camp, waaay before the movie :mellow:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I gotta raid0 these m.2s yay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's tomorrow +1