Homebrew RELEASE Lockpick - Switch key derivation homebrew

SuperStarSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to use Lockpick recently, but whenever I launch it from my Homebrew Launcher it flashes the normal Lockpick interface for less than a second and then instantly fades to black forcing me to shutdown the switch. I have tried the latest version and a few earlier verions as well. My switch is a 1.0.0 with a freshly installed sdsetup with Kosmos default package. The sd card is 128GB micro sd formatted to fat32. My other homebrew software function correctly. I dumped both fuse info and tsec keys. The same error occurs. Any ideas?
EDIT: I tried Lockpick after deleting both dumped files and Lockpick did not crash. Lockpick only appears to crash after I dump my tsec keys.
EDIT2: Nvm, lockpick appears to crash when both fuse info and tsec keys are dumped. Not just tsec keys.
EDIT3: I will try reformatting the sd card to several different cluster sizes.
EDIT4: Pretty sure cluster size is not the problem. Going to try kezplez.
EDIT5: No luck, kezplez crashed on process 18. I checked the sd for "keys.txt" and I found one inside the "kezplez-nx" folder. Tried using it with 4NXCI with different xci's but I got an error: "Key (nokey) must be 32 hex digits!" on both.

Last edited by SuperStarSam,

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's super weird, it was definitely tested on 1.0.0. are you confident in your SD card, is there another you could try with? or perhaps try with regular atmosphere?

SuperStarSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's super weird, it was definitely tested on 1.0.0. are you confident in your SD card, is there another you could try with? or perhaps try with regular atmosphere?
I just got this sd card from Best Buy so I am sure its not a counterfeit, also doubt it is faulty but you never know. I will try base atmosphere and see if anything changes.

SuperStarSam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this sd card from Best Buy so I am sure its not a counterfeit, also doubt it is faulty but you never know. I will try base atmosphere and see if anything changes.
Had a spare micro sd card to test,
Well, I'm not sure exactly what made it work but after using a spare micro sd with the sd content same error happened but right when I'm about to give up I just reformatted my original 128gb sd dump both files, launched atmospere, started hbl, and lockpick didnt crash this time! Probably just something small I missed along the way. Work out in the end. Thanks for your great work.!

Reactions: shchmue

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it required to boot directly into CFW immediately after dumping fuse/TSEC stuff?

I'm trying to use this to dump a fresh set of keys and Atmosphere has issues with SMMU after using Hekate to dump fuse/TSEC, forcing me to reboot at least once. I can still dump keys, but I only get 36 or 37, and they don't include the master keys (although it does have master_key_source).

--Edit--

Nevermind, this was the problem:

Troubleshooting:
  • Error: You didn't get the 06 keys even though you did your Hekate dumps on firmware 6.2.0
    • Reason: Lockpick wasn't given tsec_root_key
      • Cause 2: Hekate didn't overwrite your existing TSEC dump. Delete your /backup/<hex number>/dumps/ folder from SD and re-dump TSEC and fuse info with Hekate version 4.5 or later before re-running Lockpick.

Last edited by ruyor,

FragRot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Did everything as per instruction on the first page but when I run lockpick it says Total keys found: 0 and Titlekeys found:1
No prod.keys or title.keys is generated. Any help? I'm on 6.2.0 SX OS sysnand and I'm using lockpick v4.6

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everything as per instruction on the first page but when I run lockpick it says Total keys found: 0 and Titlekeys found:1
No prod.keys or title.keys is generated. Any help? I'm on 6.2.0 SX OS sysnand and I'm using lockpick v4.6
that sounds like a problem with your SD, though i'm surprised the program would run at all in that case. no errors in the program or anything? i guess try the hekate archive bit fix :/

FragRot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
that sounds like a problem with your SD, though i'm surprised the program would run at all in that case. no errors in the program or anything? i guess try the hekate archive bit fix :/

Still the same after trying the hekate archive bit fix. Any other ideas?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has already been asked/answered;

Will Lockpick be able to dump 7.0.0 keys once non-byok support for 7.0.0 is out, or will it need to be refactored and/or wait on a new exploit for dumping keys?

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has already been asked/answered;

Will Lockpick be able to dump 7.0.0 keys once non-byok support for 7.0.0 is out, or will it need to be refactored and/or wait on a new exploit for dumping keys?
Because of its reliance on what can be dumped pre-boot, it basically depends what Hekate dumps at that point :/ on the other hand, I have a RCM version nearly ready when it drops so worst case there will be that only, best case I can do both.

byanime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Thanks for the greap app.
I'd like to report possible issue.

On my 6.2 system, Kosmos 11.9.1, the first time it didn't dump tsec_root_key, got me 119 keys
I cleared all the results, fuse info dump and TSEC dump and tried again yesterday.
The second time it did got tsec_root_key but sd_seed was not dumped, got me 120 keys

It did work fine on my friend's switch 6.2, dumped 121 keys the first time.

Payload used: hekate_ctcaer_4.6_svc.bin

Last edited by byanime,

shchmue

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for the greap app.
I'd like to report possible issue.

On my 6.2 system, Kosmos 11.9.1, the first time it didn't dump tsec_root_key, got me 119 keys
I cleared all the results, fuse info dump and TSEC dump and tried again yesterday.
The second time it did got tsec_root_key but sd_seed was not dumped, got me 120 keys

It did work fine on my friend's switch 6.2, dumped 121 keys the first time.

Payload used: hekate_ctcaer_4.6_svc.bin
are you definitely using the current version of Lockpick?
I just tried this on 7.0.1 :v cant dump the TSEC keys with Hekate 4.6svc

Same here. Its also not dumping the TEGRA keys in the Picklock itself.
yeah Hekate can't get TSEC keys on 7.x firmware yet. you can dump keys with biskeydump to get through the keys ending in 05 in the meantime if they're of any use.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error: "Warning: Saving limited keyset. Dump Tegra keys with payload and run again to get all keys."
  • Reason: Lockpick can't find your TSEC and SBK dump files
    • Cause 1: you viewed the TSEC and fuse info in Hekate but didn't save both to SD card
    • Cause 2: your SD card has corrupt sectors and needs reformatting
    • Cause 3: your SD card is counterfeit and acts like it's saving files but isn't

Where does the TSEC and SBK need to be dumped to? Root, same folder as lockpick?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D