Logitech's new cloud handheld gaming device releases next month, will retail for $350

ncjkdshfcnjksdnkc.png

A recent leak saw the existence of Logitech's new gaming handheld spoiled before the company could officially announce it, but nearly a month later, Logitech is ready to officially unveil the G Cloud Handheld gaming device. Retailing for $349.99, the Android-based handheld goes all-in on game streaming: it supports GeForce Now, Xbox xCloud streaming, and Valve's Steam Link. Since it runs Android, it can also play mobile games, though Logitech is mostly refraining from that aspect in its marketing. This handheld exists as part of a collaboration with Tencent, who assisted in creating the Android UI for the system.

The Logitech G Cloud Handheld sports a 1080p IPS touchscreen, with a Snapdragon 720G inside, alongside 4GB of LPDDR4X RAM, and 64GB of storage. Despite the claims of portable game streaming, the device lacks SIM support, so you'll need to rely on only Wi-Fi to stream. Beyond that, the handheld has a 12-hour battery life, a gyroscope, and haptics.

Logitech's device will be out on October 17th, and will retail for $349.99--the same price as a Nintendo Switch OLED. If you pre-order the system, you'll get a discount, putting it at $299.99.

:arrow: Source

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
...$350 for a portable gaming device that can only really play streamed games.

The need for a stable internet connection to stream any of these games kinda makes it not at all portable. So, yeah... It's a $350 portable device that isn't actually portable.

I'm sorry, but how is this a better deal than a Steam Deck at $400? Correction, how is this a better deal than ANY oh... sub $100 tablet?
Heard it also plays android games locally.

• Sad
Reactions: impeeza

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for $100-150 I would consider this, it's just an android tablet with a controller built in. I would consider $200 if they weren't going to lock it down like I assume they are going to.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
who in their right mind would buy this thing when they can get a Steamdeck for not even $100 more? Who is the target audience they had in mind? Who greenlighted this? So many questions.

Reactions: Xzi

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for $100-150 I would consider this, it's just an android tablet with a controller built in. I would consider $200 if they weren't going to lock it down like I assume they are going to.
Locked bootloader and no way to unlock it is pretty much guaranteed at this point. If I could root it or put a custom rom on it I would get it at a $100-$150 price tag as that would be a better option than the Razer Kishi grips for smartphones.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Logitech is really out of touch lately with certain markets. Like they're just throwing darts at a board and seeing what sticks. A device like this 3 or 4 years ago would have been great, especially at that price point. Now, it just seems like it would be dead in the water.

Reactions: Xzi

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*walks in

...man F*CK this!

*walks out

Seriously, Logitech had it so damn easy! The design is actually good. All the device needed was the following

-7 inch 720p screen
- wifi 6 and maybe a sim slot for 5G
-video output either by HDMI or USB-C
-keep the price under 150

Logitech seriously screwed things up with that damn price. They got YouTubers trying to hype this thing up. No amount of hype is going to get people to buy this thing at that horrible price. WTF Logitech?!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
who in their right mind would buy this thing when they can get a Steamdeck for not even $100 more? Who is the target audience they had in mind? Who greenlighted this? So many questions.
The ones who buy apple devices only because are apple. just because some random youtuber or instagrammer told they, that's a good gadget....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway