London riots: Violence erupts for third day

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Palmers Green on BBC News..

Just saw Oxfam and a restaurant that I liked; smashed.
frown.gif

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why the hell would they attack Oxfam o.o

@FrozenIndignation
It does seem kinda organized.
QUOTE said:
1644:

Two 18-year-olds are arrested in Folkestone, Kent, after Scotland Yard says a number of "inflammatory" comments were seen on Facebook in relation to rioting in London and other cities.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A good start for the police
smile.gif
QUOTE said:
1717:

BBC 5 live reporter Louise Brierley is in West Bromwich, where three shop windows were smashed in earlier.

She says police managed to contain the violence quickly and now the crowd has dispersed, although there is still a high police presence around the local pubs.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
2005:

West Midlands Police say a large group of people are causing disorder in the centre of Birmingham. A police statement says shops have been attacked and a car has reportedly been set alight on Moor Street. Police have arrested three people and are working "to restore calm and bring the city back to normality".

@BlueStar
Yeah.. funny times
tongue.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm live in Manchester and it's getting really bad here .... I think this is not going to go well at all, it's not like I little Riot it's spreading around the country

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yU7BG.jpg

http://twitpic.com/63j8ia
Subway Manchester, lol.

There was some talk on Facebook that something was starting where I live (Preston) but it was nothing. Some kids said they was going to 'loot' JJB on Facebook but in the end they didn't, at least the police was there, aha.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
prowler_ said:
Subway Manchester, lol.

There was some talk on Facebook that something was starting where I live (Preston) but it was nothing. Some kids said they was going to 'loot' JJB on Facebook but in the end they didn't, at least the police was there, aha.

Lol at the pic! I think most towns and cities are on high alert - just down the road from you here in Wigan we've got similar rumours, but the police are out in force in the town centre/retail parks..... Manchester however, gawd the city has only just recovered from the IRA bombings in places - unbelievable!
angry.gif
(Doesn't help me having a little sister living on her own in the city centre either, I feel the need to nip over with a metal bar and do what the police should be allowed to do to them....
wink.gif
)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
My cities about to erupt...Leicester City, I'm ashamed of it yet proud of the police at the same time...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
See some of these people "Protecting their streets" seem to just be giving the police more to do by marauding down streets singing "INGER-LUND INGER-LUND INGER-LUND!" and looking very much like the people they're supposedly against.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I was going to the shop this morning and had my hood up and a police car drove past very slowly.
Could I of acted any more suspicious?

Guess everything is calm now, if I lived closer to Manchester I would of helped out cleaning up.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Tanveer said:
London's relatively calm.
People are helping with cleaning up and other volunteer works.

Probably same in Leicester, Manchester, Birmingham and Croydon.

London would inevitably be calm at this time. With the amount of police around there right now you would have to extremely stupid to consider causing trouble. For those who don't know the number of police was increased from six thousand on Sunday, to sixteen thousand yesterday.

Obviously this number of cops on the streets is not sustainable in the long term, the usual number policing London is three thousand. My fear is that the criminal elements have learned a frightening truth, that if they decide to riot on mass in different areas spontaneously once police levels are back to normal we will have the same situation that we had on Sunday and Monday where the police simply cant cope with the trouble and they are free to do what they wish.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
p1ngpong said:
Tanveer said:
London's relatively calm.
People are helping with cleaning up and other volunteer works.

Probably same in Leicester, Manchester, Birmingham and Croydon.

London would inevitably be calm at this time. With the amount of police around there right now you would have to extremely stupid to consider causing trouble. For those who don't know the number of police was increased from six thousand on Sunday, to sixteen thousand yesterday.

Obviously this number of cops on the streets is not sustainable in the long term, the usual number policing London is three thousand. My fear is that the criminal elements have learned a frightening truth, that if they decide to riot on mass in different areas spontaneously once police levels are back to normal we will have the same situation that we had on Sunday and Monday where the police simply cant cope with the trouble and they are free to do what they wish.
I just hope it doesnt happen again. But it seems like it is just spreading wider..

Apparantly, Police is calling up in my area to tell people to have their doors closed/locked properly and check before opening doors etc.
My neighbour said that the Police called up, warning him about people dressing up as women(wearing burkha) and attacking local residential homes.

I havent received any phone calls from the Police or any local authorities, but this just sounds weird o.o

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my cousin lives on Mare Street, Hackney. He posted quite a disturbing video on facebook.

he told me its relatively quiet now.

seriously all this commotion for nothing; fools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol