Hacking Looking for someone who can mod a Switch Lite in the region of Montreal.

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No idea why people would trust this, lol. What's stopping someone from setting up a meeting place, then just driving off with your Switch never to be seen again. This same thing actually happened to someone I know, and let me say I will never let them forget it :rofl2:
It is unfortunate, that when there is nothing local, having to ship to another town or country is the option. As shipping can be costly especially if the console is larger and or heavier. I suppose these are the options we have Sometimes.

You'll have better luck going to a local repair shop.
Thus far I had no luck with asking people around me. I suppose because of legal reason it is difficult to find the right repair shop.

No idea why people would trust this, lol. What's stopping someone from setting up a meeting place, then just driving off with your Switch never to be seen again. This same thing actually happened to someone I know, and let me say I will never let them forget it :rofl2:

Do you remember which modder it was. I took a chance with a modder who has an ad online. And met them. I want to hope that they will deliver.

Last edited by cyph3rr,
Trophies
XP
Do you remember which modder it was. I took a chance with a modder who has an ad online. And met them. I want to hope that they will deliver.
Not actually sure, I just remember it happening about 9 months ago when they wanted their Lite modded, the dude advertised they were selling services to install mod-chips but they just took their money and the Switch lol

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not actually sure, I just remember it happening about 9 months ago when they wanted their Lite modded, the dude advertised they were selling services to install mod-chips but they just took their money and the Switch lol
Interesting. Usually I give them only 50% money upfront. I hope they did not also lose 100% money. I wonder if paying bank transfer instead of cash protects anyone?

CloudStrife190100

HaxCommunity
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. Usually I give them only 50% money upfront. I hope they did not also lose 100% money. I wonder if paying bank transfer instead of cash protects anyone?

Bank transfers don't cover you to be honest. It's like the gifted option of PayPal once you pay it then there's no guarantee whatsoever of getting that money back if anything goes South

Best off paying with PayPal goods and services at least you'd be some what guaranteed to get it back if you open a dispute

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bank transfers don't cover you to be honest. It's like the gifted option of PayPal once you pay it then there's no guarantee whatsoever of getting that money back if anything goes South

Best off paying with PayPal goods and services at least you'd be some what guaranteed to get it back if you open a dispute
Thank you, That is good option for future. In your experience do many modders accept paypal? I know sellers dont like paypal. I think because paypal keeps a cut?

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Maybe see some of his references first to see if they are capable of modding. And instead of going to the cheapest option, look for the most reliable and professional option. I hate it when others bring a bad name to modders.

Reactions: Hayato213
Trophies
XP
Maybe see some of his references first to see if they are capable of modding. And instead of going to the cheapest option, look for the most reliable and professional option. I hate it when others bring a bad name to modders.
Agreed, but sometimes people can also fake it; it really isn't hard to fool a gullible person into believing you're credible. No offense to my friend, but they are one of those people who are easily fooled, while I agree they most definitely should have had the person checked out before-hand, asking around on forums, etc there's not much to be done about their current situation from it apart from learn from the experience and not let it happen again.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agreed, but sometimes people can also fake it; it really isn't hard to fool a gullible person into believing you're credible. No offense to my friend, but they are one of those people who are easily fooled, while I agree they most definitely should have had the person checked out before-hand, asking around on forums, etc there's not much to be done about their current situation from it apart from learn from the experience and not let it happen again.

If it is a local deal, there is no chance they are paying up front and also handing them the switch (mostly paid after). Dropping off the switch at a personal house address/business address also gives a bit more confidence than dealing at a mall cafeteria/parking lot. A good lesson to learn for your friend.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience, I did work with one guy who use to do hardmod based out in San Diego, CA. Dude was pretty nice to allow me to pay 1/2 of the order when I ship him the unit to be modded, then when it was return I paid him the other half. End up pretty good experience that I recommended users here for him.

I understand that some people are contemplating on whether to trust an user or not. I was skeptical when some of the users here on the forum had OLED pre modded unit up on sale, that people some people are worrying that they paid and not get anything. I do agree with the fact that you should hire someone that is very good at soldering. I seen doom95's work, his work is very professionalism.

I was skeptical about buying from a member on a forum, that I end up buying a pre modded OLED on ebay, it work well pretty well.

YU0Tbql.jpg

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im in Montreal , if someone want to mod switch, inbox me
Hello Microsolder-Guy. I already gave my console (Not a switch) for someone to mod. But will keep you in mind if I have something else. Have you done other system then switch in the past. or only switch for now?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Microsolder-Guy. I already gave my console (Not a switch) for someone to mod. But will keep you in mind if I have something else. Have you done other system then switch in the past. or only switch for now?
the fact they got only 3 posts. would be a flag to be worried. I mean, tho they could be legit and fine. Tho I would want to see quite a bit more from them before putting some random account to be trusted with a device like a switch.

Reactions: Hayato213

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the fact they got only 3 posts. would be a flag to be worried. I mean, tho they could be legit and fine. Tho I would want to see quite a bit more from them before putting some random account to be trusted with a device like a switch.
You are right wolf. Nevertheless, I do not have the needed chips that I need the work to be done on. I will make sure to verify anyone who says they can mod. I wish I read this post. My first mod was done by shipping to someone. Very professional and well made. But having to ship costed a lot of money. I will try to be as informed as possible.

Reactions: lone_wolf323

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I got scammed. But I could be wrong. I met the person in public. They told me it will be ready soon. Than they told me that they are sick and will be available in 14 days. I noticed that they deleted their ads. I also contacted them today on the phone number from witch they accepted part of the payment.

I am waiting now for an answer giving them benefit of the doubt

The only info I have is their car plate and brand. The conversation history and the phone number.

Did I get scam and can craiglist do anything of they did?

Last edited by cyph3rr,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I got scammed. But I could be wrong. I met the person in public. They told me it will be ready soon. Than they told me that they are sick and will be available in 14 days. I noticed that they deleted their ads. I also contacted them today on the phone number from witch they accepted part of the payment.

I am waiting now for an answer giving them benefit of the doubt

The only info I have is their car plate and brand. The conversation history and the phone number.

Did I get scam and can Kijiji do anything of they did?

Unless it is covid-19 related, that they are being forced to quarantine. Usually turn around ratio should be 1-2 days really. That why I bought mine pre-modded.

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it is 19 related. So i will wait the end of 14 days. There is 4-5 days left. I am Giving them benefit of doubt. However, is it suspicious that they deleted the ads. Or the ads was removed by the company. Also got not updates but could be that they are very sick

Last edited by cyph3rr,

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank god, I received a sign of life. It seems everything is good. I will know once I can meet them face to face for sure. To those experienced with the GC, if you can answer me, is it true that no matter how well you install the X chip, sometimes the pod cannot be adjusted in such a way to make burnt homebrew readable? or is it that I need a very specific brand of mini disk :(.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank god, I received a sign of life. It seems everything is good. I will know once I can meet them face to face for sure. To those experienced with the GC, if you can answer me, is it true that no matter how well you install the X chip, sometimes the pod cannot be adjusted in such a way to make burnt homebrew readable? or is it that I need a very specific brand of mini disk :(.
I don't have any personal GameCube experience, but from what I've read you're better off running games and homebrew from SD card with the relevant adapter than burning expensive discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...