Losan weightan

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You better watch out when you go out to eat. There's all kinds of things that you'd think are good for you with hidden calories like those 800 cal salads and the like.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup UltraMagnus is correct but how many calories you can consume daily depends on your gender and how big you are.females tend to need to consume even less calories then males because they gain weight a lot faster and its harder for them to get it off.i don't like to count calories as long as i dont gain weight i'm fine but as far as what mcp2 said about drinking water and skim milk i say screw that ill stick to beer and coffee lol and yes i know beer is fattening but like i said as long as i dont gain weight im fine.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
UltraMagnus said:
if your only interest is loosing weight, yes, actually.

calories in < calories out == weight loss
Then why are oats or whole grain cereals considered a good diet meal if they have the same amount of calories as Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs (they're all around 500-600 calories per 100g)? It's more complicated than that.

Shakraka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
syko5150 said:
how tall are you? that's also an important factor in your weight
5 '9"
Holy shit, that's how tall I am.

Also, I weigh about 160-170 pounds (my weight fluctuates on multiple factors, such as stress, tiredness, sickness, etc.). I'm not exactly too happy about my weight, but I'm just too lazy to exercise. I figure as long as I don't overeat on days where I don't do much, I should be OK.

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BortzANATOR said:
DO P90X! that stuff is tough as hell.
As someone doing this program I must say this: if you are out of shape, you won't be able to pull through this thing!
wacko.gif

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
UltraMagnus said:
if your only interest is loosing weight, yes, actually.

calories in < calories out == weight loss
Then why are oats or whole grain cereals considered a good diet meal if they have the same amount of calories as Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs (they're all around 500-600 calories per 100g)? It's more complicated than that.
I think it is about 300cals per 100g, at least according to the USDA nutritional database, and 100g of dry oats is a lot once prepared with skim milk or water as they absorb a lot of liquid and fill you up.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
UltraMagnus said:
and 100g of dry oats is a lot once prepared with skim milk or water as they absorb a lot of liquid and fill you up.
Well that's the point. How long it takes to digest, and the nutritional value. 100 calories of whole grain is better than 100 calories of sugar. That's why calories in - calories out is oversimplifying.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Eating healthy means not really cutting down on the calories or protein, cut down on the fat and sugar. Exercise way more, not just running, but also weight lifting. However, running is essential and should be done with maximal effort in order to see results.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Veho said:
UltraMagnus said:
and 100g of dry oats is a lot once prepared with skim milk or water as they absorb a lot of liquid and fill you up.
Well that's the point. How long it takes to digest, and the nutritional value. 100 calories of whole grain is better than 100 calories of sugar. That's why calories in - calories out is oversimplifying.

well, being filled up doesn't actually matter, if you don't mind feeling like shit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4