Hacking Lost all games off external HDD. Please help

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i've spent the last 6 days installing 5 extra games to my WII U external HDD (very very slow process!) and i've made a massive BOO BOO. Firstly, It started updating to 5.5.2U.

Secondly ive lost all games on my external HDD and the external HDD is not being recognised despite it having the light on and clearly powering up.

Basically, I am getting rid of the console and I wanted to erase all game saves. I've gone into settings and then "delete all content and settings". I assumed this wasn't a factory reset, as most hardware actually says its a factory reset. Better still, I also assumed this WOULDN'T erase anything off the external hard drive or internal SD card.

Internal SD card seems OK.
But the external HDD is not showing my games anymore nor is it showing in the data management.

What has happened?
what did i do?
How do i solve it?

If i go to the loadiine site, in the drop down it only gives me loads of options for 5.5.2. Not showing as it did before. If i choose the top one it freezes every time.

PLEASE don't tell me I need to spend a month installing all 55 games again ARGHGHGHGHGHG.

Last edited by jaisunny,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete all content and settings erases the external hard drive too, because it was formatted to your Wii U and is like an extension of your Wii U.

It will not format your sd card because the Wii U doesn't even see the sd card really. You have to go into homebrew launcher to see things on your sd card.

You aren't getting your games back on your external hard drive without re-installing them all. But even if you didn't format your external hard drive if you are selling your Wii U it wouldn't matter anyway. The external hard drive and games on it can ONLY be read by that Wii U. If you get another one it would force you to format and you'd lose all games anyway. You can't just keep the external hard drive and expect the games to work on a different Wii U. So if you're selling your Wii U nothing was lost.

Last edited by ,

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delete all content and settings erases the external hard drive too, because it was formatted to your Wii U and is like an extension of your Wii U.

It will not format your sd card because the Wii U doesn't even see the sd card really. You have to go into homebrew launcher to see things on your sd card.

You aren't getting your games back on your external hard drive without re-installing them all. But even if you didn't format your external hard drive if you are selling your Wii U it wouldn't matter anyway. The external hard drive and games on it can ONLY be read by that Wii U. If you get another one it would force you to format and you'd lose all games anyway. You can't just keep the external hard drive and expect the games to work on a different Wii U. So if you're selling your Wii U nothing was lost.
WoW. What a load of trash this is. I wouldn't of thought it would erase external drives. I mean, a PC doesn't when you format the internal hard drive.

So now I guess I will be forced to download every single game from scratch and have the pain staking long process of installing one by one. Oh dear. This is going to take a month.

BTW im not getting another WII U. I am getting a switch. This WII U was going to a relative, but they won't want it without the games.

I HATE usbhelper and I cannot get utikdownloader to work for the life of me. Any tips? I get unhandled exception.

Thanks for your help.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks for you. But honestly "delete all content and settings" should have made you pause for a second. If you had just unplugged the drive and did that you wouldn't have lost the games.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bad luck? Not at all.

Assuming a console should work as a PC, is a heavy mistake.

Sadly, if you want those games back, you will have to start over again.

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please assist me in getting the games back?

I am having a living hell nightmare doing it.

Tried USBhelper, but on the WUP installer it ALWAYS comes up with installation error MCP or something like that.

Managed to get utik working and I have the EXACT same issue.

Before about 2 years ago when I put all 60 games on, I had zero issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy