Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put the updated files in the appropriate places? I wasn't sure if this helped but I deleted the config.bin in /luma/, I booted directly to the config menu after, went through that, shut down the console, boot holding start to launch the chainloader and update B9S.

=> start_SafeB9SInstaller.firm in the payload folder.
=> boot9strap.firm + .sha in the boot9strap folder yes.

Gonna try deleting the config. Thanks o/

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got everything working including the new homebrew menu. If i'm using this online and I launch the homebrew menu via the game I set. Will the title id show up as the game I launched it from?

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if I need 100% in fact legitably need to be at 9.2 to use luma or can I stay at my magical 6.0?

( literally bc I already have rxtool and would like to change and well the guides dont really say anything )

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if I need 100% in fact legitably need to be at 9.2 to use luma or can I stay at my magical 6.0?

( literally bc I already have rxtool and would like to change and well the guides dont really say anything )
Oh geez, forgot rxTools was a thing for a sec. My question is why do you need to be at 6.0? What benefits do you gain, cause with Luma you can update safely to the latest version and still have CFW.
As for you question, I have no idea, sorry.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez, forgot rxTools was a thing for a sec. My question is why do you need to be at 6.0? What benefits do you gain, cause with Luma you can update safely to the latest version and still have CFW.
As for you question, I have no idea, sorry.

lol no my 3DS is at 6.0 Firmware I just dont wanna go through the hassle of upgrading to 9.2 for luma

https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)

You have 2 methods for 6.0 to get B9S and get Luma3DS working.

oh okay so I dont need to update my 3DS to 9.2 first in order to use luma nice to know

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is nothing magical about 6.0. You'll have much better support for pretty much everything at 9.2+. Anything you could do on 6.0 you can do the same or better on 9.2+. mset exploit is not worth staying on 6.0 when better options exist on higher firmwares.

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for the help. All updated b9s 1.2 + luma 8.0 and got the latest release of Godmode9 and everything works. But why does my version of luma show up RED in the updater? Not a big problem but it's kind of bothering my OCD.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 265

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for the help. All updated b9s 1.2 + luma 8.0 and got the latest release of Godmode9 and everything works. But why does my version of luma show up RED in the updater? Not a big problem but it's kind of bothering my OCD.
I stated why in the newest release of Luma Updater. Please read that.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so slight situation here, did what the guide said in the browser part but when I load SafeB9SInstaller i get the safety checks which Im guessing is this that says " ARM9LoaderHAX etc etc but backup status and install status says not started? literally nothing happening

EDIT: nvm its strange the key combo didnt appeared first try had to cancel it and reload it.

Last edited by Sakura1,

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Section VII - Backup SysNAND
  1. Press (Home) to bring up the action menu
  2. Select “More…”
  3. Select “Backup NAND”
  4. Press (A) to continue
  5. Hold (R) and press (B) at the same time to eject your SD card
  6. Insert your SD card into your computer
  7. Copy nand.bin from the /gm9out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer
    • If you previously used SafeCTRTransfer and have a NAND backup named <serialnumber>_nand.bin, replace it with this one (rename nand.bin to match <serialnumber>_nand.bin)
    • Make backups in multiple locations (such as online file storage)
    • This backup will save you from a brick if anything goes wrong in the future
  8. Delete nand.bin from the /gm9out/ folder on your SD card after copying it
  9. Backup every file on your SD card to a folder on your computer; all files will be deleted in the following steps

Bit confuse here, when I select NAND my Sysnand and EMunand appear, which one do I choose? since I did the
Section IV - Copy EmuNAND to SysNAND

do I choose Sysnand or Emunand?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
The new Rosalina menu seems to crash the 3DS when trying to boot it holding L+Down+Select, and it seems I'm not the only one with that issue. Using a 11.4 new 3DS.

EDIT: Nevermind I had the misconception that the menu had to be opened at boot time, instead of the home menu.

Last edited by Garro,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk