Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I made a modification of FIX94's arm9select that turns the backlight on for default.bin if it's a cold boot (and if default_bl exists), but doesn't if it's an MCU reboot (meaning that you used something like Quick Reboot to reboot the 3DS, or exited a GBA game/DS game). That way you can still have the splash on the initial powerup, but the screen stays black and off like a stock boot after that, as long as you're using FIX94's arm9loaderhax fork as well. If anyone's interested in it, I can post it here.
I wish I didn't upgrade A9LH back then.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thats awesome! if you dont mind I would release a arm9select v1.1 for that :)
Careful, this breaks every cfw that's not AuReiNand on MCU reboot.
EDIT: nevermind, if it's just the backlight everything will be fine. However if cakes isn't set to autoboot it's going to be awkward.
About region free: you can't patch home menu from arm9. Need an arm11 thread to do it.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Careful, this breaks every cfw that's not AuReiNand on MCU reboot.
EDIT: nevermind, if it's just the backlight everything will be fine. However if cakes isn't set to autoboot it's going to be awkward.
About region free: you can't patch home menu from arm9. Need an arm11 thread to do it.
Everything that AuRei does is made on the arm9? (And I mean everything, including reboot patches and FIRMs protection)

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, aside from the code that turns the screen off to prevent the 3D bug.
And that's no good for this, you would need an arm11 thread which runs in the background AFTER firmlaunch. Two skilled reverse engineers I know (not sure if I can say who they are) failed at this as of today. I'm not a reverser :(

Reactions: peteruk and daxtsu

Kernalhaxhereicome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me i put the updatedsysnand file into the rei folder then when i turn it on it hangs on a black screen yet when i delete the file it will load. P.S I have A9LH

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that's no good for this, you would need an arm11 thread which runs in the background AFTER firmlaunch. Two skilled reverse engineers I know (not sure if I can say who they are) failed at this as of today. I'm not a reverser :(
I'm currently testing something for someone, this is something he's currently working on:
I 'm coding a custom ARM11 process, which would patch home menu.

Hopefully he's able to achieve that.
(Keeping that person anonymous, better safe than sorry.)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm currently testing something for someone, this is something he's currently working on:

Hopefully he's able to achieve that.
(Keeping that person anonymous, better safe than sorry.)

I have an idea of who it is, but yeah, let's hope something comes of it.

Kernalhaxhereicome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me i put the updatedsysnand file into the rei folder then when i turn it on it hangs on a black screen yet when i delete the file it will load. P.S I have A9LH

Vondosaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I recently did a region change on my emunand and Everything is working fine and dandy after I deleted the unnecessary leftover titles. Except one thing, the streetpass mii plaza crashes after telling me to input a message? anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn, hope you can solve it, you know, you're an amazing developer, the first one who bring us CFW on A9LH.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I recently did a region change on my emunand and Everything is working fine and dandy after I deleted the unnecessary leftover titles. Except one thing, the streetpass mii plaza crashes after telling me to input a message? anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?
Can you rename folders? If not you need to install the keyboard cia for your region. I'm not sure where you can get it though.

Kernalhaxhereicome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Vondosaurusrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you rename folders? If not you need to install the keyboard cia for your region. I'm not sure where you can get it though.
I can't. maybe the software keyboard applet listed on 3dbrew if the right one? I'll try getting it with 3dnus and report back.

Edit: nope, that didn't work :/

Last edited by Vondosaurusrex,

Kernalhaxhereicome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking the same question over and over will not make a response come any sooner. If someone has an idea of how to help you they will tell you.

Why don't you try giving a little more information. Sysnand version, emunand version, a screenshot of your file\folder structure perhaps? Something to go on other than "Hey my shit's broken help me".

EDIT: Ninja'd

Last edited by Bu2d85,
Reactions: pbanj and fr3quency
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diarrheas like the opposite of a good hang over
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have never in my life once had a good hangover
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they're bad hangovers that means they're good hangovers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What's a hangover?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    it's what happens after you get drunk
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically like a sugar crash after a sugar rush/sugar high
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah me neither
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They're like chugging down two cans of gfuel
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Hi rez
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hangovers are awful. Luckily I don't drink much these days to begin with, but they're the reason I don't drink - a lot- anymore
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Hey there!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking energy drinks may as well be alcohol I remember chugging down 40oz half my body went numb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, I don't even drink alcohol either.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my throat still hurts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Slightly less tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Get well soon
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i hope both of you guys get better
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Thanks mate.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident