Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It might've been asked already, but does the region emulation allow us to run out of region cartridges directly from the home menu? Or only CIAs?

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
iirc region free should allow for out of region cartridges but don't quote me on that.
Alright. I wanna order the limited edition of Corpse Party (the one with the soundtrack and figures), but it's only confirmed for the US so far. Gonna wait for Aurora's or someone else's reply haha

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saying you are normally helpful, while posting crap, is quite ironic. You replied to one small aspect of my post, nitpicking to make it fit your ranting. All that you have accomplished, is to fill this thread with useless posts. You provided no substantial information. You attempted to show how easy it is to find my questions via a search, even though your search was not relevant to my specific question, and I had already done one yielding no useful results. You have it in your head that I am in the wrong, and because of that, you are refusing to help. If that is the case, I politely ask you to stop posting in reply to me at all. I do not appreciate your attitude, and again, you are providing zero help. I would understand if you were showing me the right way, but you aren't. You are no better than anyone else here, especially not than those who you are obsessing about. Between your rants and my attempt to gain information from you, there's what, half a page wasted now? Do you really think you are that righteous?

You have been nothing but rude, and I kindly request you just leave me be in here. My questions stand and I will await a proper response from somebody. One thing is clearly not working exactly as pointed out in the installation portion of the CFW. Aside from being in one place, and Plailect updating his guide to adhere to the 13 character rule, no other mention of it is made on the github. Again, this is, and has been, my main question.

Not a fan of me asking about exfat and payloads? I don't care. Nobody has still answered if Aurora were to enable exFat, would payloads be able to take advantage of it.

Again, I cannot do any search that yields a worthy response to my 13 character inquiry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are using a build of D9 prior to when that commit was made, then yes, you would have to upgrade it. As for renaming it, if you already had it as b.bin, the new file can be b.bin as well. Of course, you will have to rename it from Decrypt9.bin. Sorry, I wasn't exactly clear on which you were asking if you would have to rename. The name still has to match the key combination used to load it. It can have the name in there as well (such as def_D9.bin) but it's not required.

What a whole bunch of uselessness lol

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright

I noticed on latest github build that OTPHelper and UnCart don't boot anymore when i hold the assigned keys at startup
those used to be on x.bin and y.bin but when i rename them to y_otphelper.bin and x_uncart.bin (or let it x.bin and y.bin)
i have black screens with latest github source (build myself)

Note:
- decrypt9/emunand9/godmode work perfect.
- going back to an older build (before you could use key_name.bin) fixes the problem, so i assume it's not an otphelper/uncart problem
- same problem exist if i update to latest github build of OTPHelper.

Can anyone confirm or not, the same problem?

Thanks
I posted a fixed Uncart, as for otphelper it should be just a copy-paste of the start.s and the linker files from D9

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, on latest build of ARN but noticing I still can't download updates, whether its from home menu or if I go into eshop. Always at 99% it'll stop and tell me there was an error and to try again later.

I'm still running a separate sysnand and emunand, emunand is up to date with latest firmware, sysnand still on 9.2.

I'm trying to get Smash 4 to work - installed the 1.1.5 cia but the 3ds still telling me there's an update available.

If anyone can help that'd be great. The error code produced is 005-8034.

Thanks

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey all, on latest build of ARN but noticing I still can't download updates, whether its from home menu or if I go into eshop. Always at 99% it'll stop and tell me there was an error and to try again later.

I'm still running a separate sysnand and emunand, emunand is up to date with latest firmware, sysnand still on 9.2.

I'm trying to get Smash 4 to work - installed the 1.1.5 cia but the 3ds still telling me there's an update available.

If anyone can help that'd be great. The error code produced is 005-8034.

Thanks
If you ever installed a pirated smash update you need to delete the ticket with FBI

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm using aureinand 3.14 i think... and work normally, none cons so far

have any advantage to change to newest version?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
i'm using aureinand 3.14 i think... and work normally, none cons so far

have any advantage to change to newest version?

If your phone gets an upgrade (it's an example) to Android N(7.0), then don't update. Stay on Gingerbread.

Edit: quoted wrong person :'D
Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited by fr3quency,
Reactions: derukun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3