Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, seems like I've mistaken it somehow (maybe cuz I'm still using my psp). Thanks for clearing it up for me!

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
AGB_Firm never worked for me on my N3DS XL till I used Luma3DS(still didn't work until path change) Luma3DS is a really good cfw the others couldn't launch GBA VC on my 3DS.

Reactions: Ordim3n

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AGB_Firm never worked for me on my N3DS XL till I used Luma3DS(still didn't work until path change) Luma3DS is a really good cfw the others couldn't launch GBA VC on my 3DS.

You mean injected GBA VC, I believe. Ambassador GBA games will pretty much work on any CFW. No patching needed. Of course, that's only 10 games. Yes, Luma is great. However, Cakes nightly has full AGB patching too. You have to have both the firmware and the .cake files to enable it though (if you don't see "Disable signature checks in AGB" in the Cakes patches list, you missed the .cake file, it's not included in the nightly release itself, you have to get it from the links on page 1). There's a ready to use copy of Cakes 175 on a certain iso site (CFW Discussions forum). I don't mess with injected GBA much though. I have a DSTwo and TempGBA for that. GPSP in RetroArch is also full speed on N3DS. It used to crash with certain titles, but they may have fixed that now. Most worked just fine though. But it all depends on how you like to launch your games I guess.

Also, if you're into online play, you might want to grab the latest Luma nightly. It's the "afc6f51" one. Nintendo has implemented a check of the friends module now, so you need the friends module patch Tux implemented a few days ago to play online now (according to what people have been saying). It seems stable enough to use while we wait for the official stable release.

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: royr719

flow349

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[/QUOTE] Also, if you're into online play, you might want to grab the latest Luma nightly. It's the "afc6f51" one. Nintendo has implemented a check of the friends module now, so you need the friends module patch Tux implemented a few days ago to play online now (according to what people have been saying). It seems stable enough to use while we wait for the official stable release.[/QUOTE]

Why cant we play online now? Im on 11.0.0-33 Sysnand (New3DS).
I will now try the latest nightly build

Edit: now it works! Thanks!

Last edited by flow349,

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Euh, some memory leak in my brain today :wacko:
A friend with gateway (very old setup, n3ds sys 9.0, emu... 9.5 ! And he launch his GW with OOT :lol: ) is willing to go A9LH.

There is no problem with Plailect guide for downgrade (to 2.1) and restoring GW emunand to sysnand at the end right ? Or does he need to do the rednand thing (already got an emunand)?
(Or just maybe do the rednand then at the end restore emunand_GW to sysnand and keep a9lh ?)

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
Suddenly can't play online anymore,
Euh, some memory leak in my brain today :wacko:
A friend with gateway (very old setup, n3ds sys 9.0, emu... 9.5 ! And he launch his GW with OOT :lol: ) is willing to go A9LH.

There is no problem with Plailect guide for downgrade (to 2.1) and restoring GW emunand to sysnand at the end right ? Or does he need to do the rednand thing (already got an emunand)?
(Or just maybe do the rednand then at the end restore emunand_GW to sysnand and keep a9lh ?)

There should be no problem

Reactions: royr719
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/rVUjbpqsE_M?si=xx-48GSacwRiKHU_ Hole in Ass