Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hard at all. It takes some time on Stock firmware. IDK about menuhax though. It may take the same amount of time, maybe not.
Quick question again, doesn't Luma3DS use A9LH? or am I confusing it with something else

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Quick question again, doesn't Luma3DS use A9LH? or am I confusing it with something else
There are multiple ways to boot Luma3DS. Two examples of these are Menuhax, which you have to manually boot, and Arm9LoaderHax, which automatically boots it on startup and allows for chainloading of Arm9 payloads.

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait so I see that emunand has to be formatted, does this mean I'm losing my games and saves?

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are multiple ways to boot Luma3DS. Two examples of these are Menuhax, which you have to manually boot, and Arm9LoaderHax, which automatically boots it on startup and allows for chainloading of Arm9 payloads.
menuhax boots automatically, browserhax you have to boot manually

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Menuhax for sysnand yes, but have been hesitant to installing A9LH because I heard it's hard to install?
No, it's your best option right now. It's really easy and you get lots of advantages. Just follow this guide.

Installing emunand is even harder than installing a9lh. Btw, upgrade Luma to 7.0.4 and Up (I recommend using LumaUpdater if you don't want to use the computer for that).

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
Once you start paying Aurora for Luma or Palect's for the guide you can legitimately complain about anything you don't like.
And the enablers kicks in. Sorry bud but i want my stuff drama free. Its unnecessary to the end users. And im more than allowed to express my opinion on the situation. By adding the message once is more then enough. Not on every damn update.

Last edited by TheGuyMadeOfTofu,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
To clarify, Luma3DS names its payload arm9loaderhax.bin regardless of the exploit used, but it doesn't necessarily use it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Menuhax for sysnand yes, but have been hesitant to installing A9LH because I heard it's hard to install?
A9LH used to be hard to install. When I first installed A9LH, it took 4 hours and required like 6 backups.
Now, it takes like 30 minutes, max.
My suggestion it to really upgrade from Menuhax to A9LH. That way you can ditch the old emuNAND and emuNAND problems and run your CFW on your sysNAND instead!
Of course as always, study this guide if you are interested or just study it to see if you think you are up to it. I can't force you, this is just a suggestion.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Luma3DS and also gateway, is there anyway to load .3ds/.3dz files with this? or only .cia?
Gateway doesn't work above 11.2 as of now, and it can be dangerous to try (as in, its lack of protection may remove A9LH just by booting, iirc).

Reactions: Erol

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do i need to do to make nightly as a payload?
Put it in the luma payload folder, that is all, if you hold start when the system boot, it list all the payloads and you can load it like that.( If you have 7.0 or higher that is) :P

Like the idea of not remembering shortcut buttons, it sometimes forgetful.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Put it in the luma payload folder, that is all, if you hold start when the system boot, it list all the payloads and you can load it like that.( If you have 7.0 or higher that is) :P

Like the idea of not remembering shortcut buttons, it sometimes forgetful.

thanks dude.

whats the most trusted nightly link?

Gyrobax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH used to be hard to install. When I first installed A9LH, it took 4 hours and required like 6 backups.
Now, it takes like 30 minutes, max.
My suggestion it to really upgrade from Menuhax to A9LH. That way you can ditch the old emuNAND and emuNAND problems and run your CFW on your sysNAND instead!
Of course as always, study this guide if you are interested or just study it to see if you think you are up to it. I can't force you, this is just a suggestion.
hello, sorry for bothering again, but if I do install A9LH and get rid of emuNAND, does this mean I lose all of my games and saves? or is there a way to keep those

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hello, sorry for bothering again, but if I do install A9LH and get rid of emuNAND, does this mean I lose all of my games and saves? or is there a way to keep those
No question is ever a bother! It's better to ask before jumping into something that you aren't sure of!
You can actually backup your emuNAND and reflash it onto your sysNAND using hourglass9. This will transfer all of the information information tethered to the emuNAND to the sysNAND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool