Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I update to Luma 8.0 sometimes I get a crash when launching anything,it is always the same crash.

"An exception occurred"
processor:Arm11(core 0)
exception type:data abort
Current process:MH3U and then tWloader.

I'm aware that some payloads need updating but games and apps?

Reactions: TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I update to Luma 8.0 sometimes I get a crash when launching anything,it is always the same crash.

"An exception occurred"

same, although they seem to happen very rarely, like I was playing a 2 days ago and all my games kept giving me errors after playing for a bit, had to remove SD and blw on it to make it stop, havent had any errors " YET "

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country

"An exception occurred"

Dont worry you aren't alone with this issue. Had this happen to me yesterday. Im really lucky i wasnt stupid enough to update my 2nd 3ds to 8.0/1.2. Because this is becoming a joke.

Akorax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not noob-proofed enough!

Firstly, thanks for providing this CFW. Awesome work really!
Secondly... I don't know if this is supposed to happen but launching the Luma 3ds icon on the menu screen give me an error saying "'An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart." (after attempting to update luma 3ds)
Currently I'm running boot9strap 1.2 with luma 8.0 and I'm thinking this isn't something important to worry about but perhaps I missed replacing a file or something and I thought you guys might know something about this.
3DS_error.jpg

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
this luma 8 seems to be a rushed release with all these bugs which I figure will take atleast 2-3 updates to fully iron out, so I guess normal users like myself should not update

Reactions: TheGuyMadeOfTofu

NotSolidSnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need chainloader menu when you have only one firm payload? It boots automatically because you have only one. Menu shows only when you have more than one. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
So I need to download another payload to boot? I'm not sure what you mean.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this luma 8 seems to be a rushed release with all these bugs which I figure will take atleast 2-3 updates to fully iron out, so I guess normal users like myself should not update

Or maybe it is part of introducing something like Rosalina. Bugs like these are part of the development process. Developing this is not exactly easy ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bugs aren't that deadly so it really doesn't matter if u update or not, chances are your playing and the game gets an error, thats about it all it will do is restart your device, nothing harmful although unless you for some reason forgot to save...

TheGuyMadeOfTofu

Trophies
XP
Country
the bugs aren't that deadly so it really doesn't matter if u update or not, chances are your playing and the game gets an error, thats about it all it will do is restart your device, nothing harmful although unless you for some reason forgot to save...
Until you crash while saving and get a save data corruption. Is all fun and games till lady luck just runs you over.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until you crash while saving and get a save data corruption. Is all fun and games till lady luck just runs you over.

well I always backup my saves... so I wouldn't have a problem with that.... I might have to redo some parts bc i only backup a save every new chapter but i honestly don't mind.....

Still be nice if these bugs get fixed, just saying some people are just really overrated.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or maybe it is part of introducing something like Rosalina. Bugs like these are part of the development process. Developing this is not exactly easy ya know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
THIS. This update is a fairly major update, and it introduced several new aspects and changed some parts of how Luma works. With changes like these I'm surprise we only have these minor bugs to deal with (which Luma has never been bug free, and neither has Nintendo's official firmware)

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS. This update is a fairly major update, and it introduced several new aspects and changed some parts of how Luma works. With changes like these I'm surprise we only have these minor bugs to deal with (which Luma has never been bug free, and neither has Nintendo's official firmware)
I believe Luma3DS even fixed a homemenu bug courtesy of Nintendo.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I believe these defects are appearing, because of the many changes made in the Luma process. I have only had some problems with NTR and Freeshop. All other applications and games are working perfectly. Luma will always be the best CFW ever released, the Gateway has not had updates for quite some time (months). I passed my old 3DS to Luma because of it and I do not regret it.

I would like to see the integration of BootNTR to the Rosalina menu.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Eqouy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on a o3DS, 11.4. I recently made it CFW on 11.3, updated to 11.4 then tried to update Luma to 8.0. After the restart my 3ds blue light will light up, then immediatly turn right back off. I have restored it to the backed up NAND using a different SD card. I tried it again and the same thing happened but now one card the light turns on for 1 second, and the other card lights up for about 10 seconds. I can not boot up into GodMode9 or anything. I think it is a softbrick, and it would really help if someone could help me fix this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye