Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, alright. How? It isn't in the config anymore.
Hm, for some reason it was removed when Rosalina was added. Not sure why.

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/21db0d45bdffc933491be24abb933929fc91ca96

For what it's worth, disabling the exception handler won't fix the crash. It'll merely revert to the standard "An error has occurred" screen.

EDIT: Looking a bit more closely - the exception handler feature is now enabled using UNITINFO, which doesn't make sense.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to make a few suggestions for the new shiny menu (I like it very much):
- Add Power off and Reboot options.
- Save the selected app for booting Rosalina even after a reboot. I guess this one might be asked a lot. Keep the option to revert back to hb launcher in case you don't remember which app you chose (yes it happened to me...) or display the selected app.
- Add the option to create the titleid folder in /luma/titles while in game. That's purely for convenience so people don't have to look for the titleid before creating a locale.txt and/or romfs for the game.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'd like to make a few suggestions for the new shiny menu (I like it very much):
- Add Power off and Reboot options.
- Save the selected app for booting Rosalina even after a reboot. I guess this one might be asked a lot. Keep the option to revert back to hb launcher in case you don't remember which app you chose (yes it happened to me...) or display the selected app.
- Add the option to create the titleid folder in /luma/titles while in game. That's purely for convenience so people don't have to look for the titleid before creating a locale.txt and/or romfs for the game.
you'd better open some issues. devs don't look at the temp very much.

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi all!

I have B9S 1.2 installed and Luma3DS 8. Everything is working well but there are is some weird stuff going on. I have the New 3ds xl with 11.4.

There are different scenarios here.
1- Starting the console with New 3ds CPU clock + L2: If I play games that previously would crash with this feature on (e.g. Ridge Racers / Sonic all star racing transformed) they crash into the error attached.
2- Starting the console without New 3ds CPU Clock + L2, but then turn them on from the new menu: If I play Ridge Racers and Sonic All star they play just fine.
3- HBL with or without the New 3ds CPU Clock + L2: I mostly play Quake and Duke Nukem. Quake works fine and it crashed on me only one time with the same error attached. Duke Nukem won't even start. It goes straight into the error.

I know the Cpu and L2 thing works from the menu because I can change them on the go and notice a huge performance improvement in Quake.
Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42.jpg

Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42.jpg
Foto_del_d_a_8-6-17_a_las_13.42_2.jpg

Hi i never knew there is a quake game for 3ds, where can i get it and does it need some emulator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ukoziak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am not able to run homebrew apps when I launch HBL using Health & Safety Information (via the Rosalina menu). However, if I use another system app like AR Games, it works fine.

Using N3DS XL, firmware 11.4, b9s 1.2, Luma 8.0, HB Menu 2.0.

Someone else with an N3DS has the same problem, but someone with O3DS did not.

Can someone else cornfirm this bug?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to disassemble the firmware to see what overhead there is but y'all keep merging changes smh should make another branch and keep master at v8.0 (or make a v8.0.1 with bugfixes if you think it's stable enough)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The New 3DS menu in Luma 8.0. Are the options the wrong way around for anyone else?

Games are running faster and smoother for me with the set up as Disable L2 Cache and set clock rate to 268mhz.

Surely it should be the other way around and it should be smoother when clocked to 804mhz (this is how it was on Luma 7 anyhow)

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I update to Luma 8.0 sometimes I get a crash when launching anything,it is always the same crash.

"An exception occurred"
processor:Arm11(core 0)
exception type:data abort
Current process:MH3U and then tWloader.

I'm aware that some payloads need updating but games and apps?

This happened again!Now the error has happened on:Mh3U,TWLoader,Pokemon Y and Pokemon Sun.

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just compiled a Luma3DS firm that changes the default hb_launcherloader title to the eShop by default. This is the last commit as of right now.
Changing the HBL app everytime was making me nuts, lol.

If anyone is interested, it's attached.

Attachments

• luma80-52a1883-eshop-rosalina.zip
    103.2 KB · Views: 159

Yamanoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok i updated B9S and Luma, but when i go in Luma Updater, it shows me this:

Payload type: sighax
Payload path: /boot.firm
Backup payload: Yes

Current installed version: 8.0 (in red)
Latest version (Github): Luma3ds v8.0
Latest hourly build: 901d499

A new stable version of Luma3DS is avaiable.

If i select "Install stable versione" seems like it installs, but when i open Luma Updater again it shows me the same thing as above.

Is this normal?

EDIT: Nevermind ... I didn't downloaded the latest LumaUpdater

Last edited by Yamanoko,

Starboy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ok i updated B9S and Luma, but when i go in Luma Updater, it shows me this:

Payload type: sighax
Payload path: /boot.firm
Backup payload: Yes

Current installed version: 8.0 (in red)
Latest version (Github): Luma3ds v8.0
Latest hourly build: 901d499

A new stable version of Luma3DS is avaiable.

If i select "Install stable versione" seems like it installs, but when i open Luma Updater again it shows me the same thing as above.

Is this normal?

EDIT: Nevermind ... I didn't downloaded the latest LumaUpdater

The updater has this error atm where it will show latest version available, leave it for now as you are on the latest version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device!