Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I'm planning to hardmod my N3DS soon. Should I install Luma 8.0 + Rosalina or the legacy build without Rosalina? I've heard that Rosalina is buggy right now, but others are saying it's fine. What do you guys think?

I would go with the legacy build unless there is a new release (8.1?) before then. Or you can use the b9s 2.0 build of bootctr9 which can boot both 1.0 and 2.0 format b9s payloads even if you have b9s so you can have the stock 7.1, the legacy build, the latest 8.x release, and the latest 8.x nightly and be able to choose which one you want with the press of a button. You might even be able to use a9lh .bin payloads with it as well but I haven't tested that.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So, I'm planning to hardmod my N3DS soon. Should I install Luma 8.0 + Rosalina or the legacy build without Rosalina? I've heard that Rosalina is buggy right now, but others are saying it's fine. What do you guys think?
Legacy one on CTRNAND, and Rosalina one on SD card?

D

Deleted User

I'm not that surprised to read the news with all the disrespectful and ungrateful comments thrown her way. Myself, and the majority of the community fully support Aurora, but unfortunately its the bad apples around here with the loudest voices...
even though i dont uses luma (it crashes and screws with my emunand sometimes) i still support it
Ok, I just had to delete 40 posts. Please keep to the actual topic instead of scene drama.
i was wondering why the thread went from 5 pages to 3

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, what a shame to see developers leaving the forums due to increased toxic posts. Seems like some people still not realize that these guys are doing all of this without getting payed for it, and they are giving us CFW to benefit all the end users. I think people should change the approach and use what we have at our disposal. If, for whatever reason you are not happy with what we have, then learn how to code and make your own changes to the current CFWs. It's not as if other people have not done this already.

So, you don't like Rosalina implementation, or it bothers you being there? Well, don't use it. You are not forced to use it every time you turn on your console. Screenshot implementation is slow and you "lose" 20 seconds of your time? Developers could also ask back the time they spent coding all of that.

Where I am trying to go with this rant is that people need to stop being ungrateful and egoistic towards the developers. Instead of saying: "this thing sucks, it shouldn't be here till its ready and tested" you should say: "wow, this is a great first step. Can't wait to see where it will go from here". Again, you are not forced to use any of this options.

/Rant

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I have finals until Wednesday, hopefully I'll have time then :)
Thank you for the quick response.

A doubt, the process of creating the compilations, is created automatically ?
You will change the settings to create compilations only when there is content (programming code). I say this because I saw in the official page several updates, which were only informative.To do this kind of filter, you would not have to combine, with developers to add the posts, some kind of parameter, not to generate unnecessary compilations.

Using regular expressions, to filter the title of the update to perform the compilation of updates.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
SO am I right in thinking everything works on 8.0? Or is it just me? All works fine, including Gateway.
Is there something I'm missing?
I am also not having problems, but other users are facing some errors, this is a technical problem that is affecting certain users.

Note: As the Rosalina menu is new, it is normal to present some glitches. The next updates should fix several compatibility issues.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I choose legacy branch, I still see the same 8.0 release with Rosalina. Am I looking in the wrong place?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: astronautlevel

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I choose legacy branch, I still see the same 8.0 release with Rosalina. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Maybe you're confusing the CTRNAND Luma3DS with SD card Luma3DS.

More bug squashing.
- Stability (tm)
- Boots 1s faster on N3DS
- (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚

Last edited by pixelmasher,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, am I missing something here or can only O3DS consoles boot homebrew from Rosalina entry point? All 3 of my O3DS consoles can boot homebrew fine but my 3 N3DS consoles hang after selecting any homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?