Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is that not using region emulation and trying to play out of region games will cause the crash.
Ok. I only have US games on my system and my N3DS is US region. I have not had any crashes yet in 3DS games, but am afraid to try. Worried I will go to save a game and it will crash during that process. So far, I have only had Arm11 crashes when using Libretro Emulator for GBA games.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I only have US games on my system and my N3DS is US region. I have not had any crashes yet in 3DS games, but am afraid to try. Worried I will go to save a game and it will crash during that process. So far, I have only had Arm11 crashes when using Libretro Emulator for GBA games.
Ah, nevermind, I thought you were the person who was having issues with Ever Oasis, my bad.

It won't crash in the middle of a game, only when attempting to start it.

If you're having issues with Libretro GBA games, try downloading 8.1 and disabling the exception handlers.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, nevermind, I thought you were the person who was having issues with Ever Oasis, my bad.

It won't crash in the middle of a game, only when attempting to start it.

If you're having issues with Libretro GBA games, try downloading 8.1 and disabling the exception handlers.

How would I disable exception handlers? Also, what would happen if crash again, would it give crash message, or just system would shut off?

DerEngel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm having arm 11 crashes on fire emblem awakening when I'm trying to do the Side Story 1 (after skipping the video).

I tried:

- I tried to disable/enable game patching.
- Tried both USA and EUR CIA versions of the game.
- Tried to disable exceptions (instead of arm 11 crash it says the game stopped working).
- With and without NTR cheating plugins.
- With and without the CLOCK+L2 CPU (Luma options)

I'm out of ideas, I have luma 8.1 with latest b9s

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm having arm 11 crashes on fire emblem awakening when I'm trying to do the Side Story 1 (after skipping the video).

I tried:

- I tried to disable/enable game patching.
- Tried both USA and EUR CIA versions of the game.
- Tried to disable exceptions (instead of arm 11 crash it says the game stopped working).
- With and without NTR cheating plugins.
- With and without the CLOCK+L2 CPU (Luma options)

I'm out of ideas, I have luma 8.1 with latest b9s
I seem to remember there being some specific problem with Fire Emblem Awakening from a long time ago, but I can't seem to remember exactly what they were. In the meantime, could you send a picture of the crash?

Thanks.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Too bad she left here, would have been nice to come with suggestions. Really like that you can power off the console with Rosalina now, wish that wasn't burried in the menus, a touch button directly on the rosalina-screen would have been a zillion times better, that and a button to toggle wifi on and off...
You can use the Homebrew Wi-Fi Toggle, it turns Wi-Fi on and off. You can download the latest version through the Homebrew Browser. This function would only be useful for users of the old 3DS. I use the Wi-Fi Toggle application in my old and new 3DS, it works perfectly.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: hiten

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can use the Homebrew Wi-Fi Toggle, it turns Wi-Fi on and off.
You can download the latest version through the Homebrew Browser.

Yeah, I've had that as a .cia since forever... never use it though since it's even slower than toggling from within the system menu (which isn't that big of a hassle really, but would have been way better to quickly access and toggle in Rosalina). If this was included into Rosalina there could be a different button-combination from anywhere to activate it, that would probably be the best way to do it, no text or menu displayed, same with power off.

Reactions: astronautlevel

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You can use the Homebrew Wi-Fi Toggle, it turns Wi-Fi on and off. You can download the latest version through the Homebrew Browser. This function would only be useful for users of the old 3DS. I use the Wi-Fi Toggle application in my old and new 3DS, it works perfectly.

Thanks, I never knew this app exists. My Old 3DS wifi switch is already loose, so this app really helps.

Here's the link in case anyone need it:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wifi-toggle.400018/page-3

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
You know that the old 3DS has a dedicated hardware button for the WiFi, right? BETTER BLOAT THE SYSTEM /S

Now if it is destroyed, ask yourself how were you able to not take care of one thing?
Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited by fr3quency,
Reactions: astronautlevel

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I downgrade back to 11.2 from 11.4?
I made the nand backup yesterday using the latest decrypt9 release
I'm on 11.2 using b9s 1.2 luma 8.1 I want to upgrade to 11.4 but I want to downgrade later

SquidgyBean

Trophies
XP
Country
I am on Luma 8.0 and I am updating to Luma 8.1stable using the Luma updater. When I click update I get do you want to enable downloading boot.firm on CTR-NAND?

Do I need to enable or disable?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on Luma 8.0 and I am updating to Luma 8.1stable using the Luma updater. When I click update I get do you want to enable downloading boot.firm on CTR-NAND?

Do I need to enable or disable?
I usually manually update but I'm assuming if you enable it it'll automatically update the boot.firm on your ctr-nand as well as the files one the one on your SD card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)