Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shinkukage09 said:
funem said:
shinkukage09 said:
RupeeClock said:
Excuse me, but if we couldn't host the Acekard 2i fix for the copyright rom info, should we really be hosting the M3i Zero fix?

There're links for the Acekard 2i fix all over the place on GBAtemp.

And you never know, I wouldn't be surprised that M3 copied the exact same exploit.

They use the same icon and name but the M3i update is better than the Acekard as the AceKard still shows the AceKard icon and name on the DSL but the M3 one still shows Dannt Phantom on the DSL. This means Nintendo can look for the AceKard data when on the DSI if they wanted to, and block it. If they looked for the M3i data in the same place it would still show Danny Phantom, therefor harder to block.

They can probably very easily remove that. The M3i update isn't "better" in any way. Just like the Acekard update isn't "better". They both do the exact same thing: Allow a flashcard to be ran on the DSi.

"Can be fixed" as in "it isnt now"... therefore at this moment in time in my opinion the M3 fix is better than the Acekard on as it has less chance of being detected. While they both let you play your DSi, in my opinion making it harder to detect makes it better..... Which means less chance of faffing around when the next Nintendo update hits......

QUOTE(mercluke @ Aug 26 2009, 03:30 AM)
no, the acekard fix is a lot better than m3's crap-tacular fix, the acekard will run a check to see if it is in a dsi, if so it will use dannykard logo, if not it will use it normal, more professional looking icon. how can ninty block ak2i any more easily than m3-0 when all the dsi sees is the a dannykard?
they would have to make a fix that would also render the other 1.4 fixes useless.
plus, an added bonus is that since the ak2i boots differently depending on what kind of ds it's inserted in, akaio can check to see whether or not it's running in a dsi and enable dsi specific changes (an example currently in 1.5 is the ability to hide the slot 2 option in the firmware when inserted in a dsi)

Hang on let me get this straight, you think because they have left code in the firmware that can be detected or read by the DSi and therefore showing it up as a flash cart, just so they can display an AceKard icon on the DS is good...... that's like saying a virus is good because it has code that can be detected by the OS..... makes no sense. I would rather the Danny logo on the DSL and DSi and having no detectable code for the Nintendo OS to detect..... If its detectable its blockable....

mandrak3

Trophies
XP
Country
Charmandersrule said:
Does the micro sd have to be blank other than the firmware or can it have other stuff on it?

I just copied the new 1.4 F_Core.Dat file onto the SD chip (replacing the previous copy there), reflashed the M3 Zero using the cable, and off it went. All my programs etc still works as per normal. But as a precaution, I backed up all my saved games and profiles before I did this, which I would advice you to do the same.

D

Deleted User

shaunj66 said:
The M3 Team have finally released an updated F-Core file that will allow owners of the M3i Zero to run their entirely legally homebrew filled cart on their spiffy new 1.4 DSi firmware.

I see what you did thar.
tongue.gif

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Condolences to Nintendo
Lol.
QUOTE...their entirely legally homebrew filled cart...
Yeah, but the F-Core firmware update is not legal since it uses parts of a game. (And that's why it isn't on their site and they don't host it either)

Weird that M3 Adapter took so long to release this firmware, the cheaper AK2i has exactly the same fix.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ethanx94 said:
shaunj66 said:
Better late than never! The M3 Team have finally released an updated F-Core file that will allow owners of the M3i Zero to run their entirely legally homebrew filled cart on their spiffy new 1.4 DSi firmware.
LMFAOOOO
rofl2.gif

Cheers to all you M3i peeps.
Stuck-up AceKard 2i User here to say:

"We got it before you, Nananananana, You copied us, ect."

Now where's that ds-xtreme update?

What a flaming hypocrite. You say we're the stuck-up ones, but...get this...it's you being the stuck-up one here. How do I know? Because you're accusing us of being the stuck-up ones. We got it before you, and R4i and EZV got the update before the Acekard. M3i was just slower, and copied the Acekard's tactic. In a way, the Acekard copied the EZV and R4i. They all use the same type of bypass. So what's it matter?

And to Funem(or whatever his name was), the data is only read when it's a DSi trying to read the card. Now unless the DSi can somehow differentiate between each and every game, or be able to spoof itself as a DS Lite, the AK2i hex coding for the header being there isn't a problem.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shinkukage09 said:
And to Funem(or whatever his name was), the data is only read when it's a DSi trying to read the card. Now unless the DSi can somehow differentiate between each and every game, or be able to spoof itself as a DS Lite, the AK2i hex coding for the header being there isn't a problem.

Thats only to read the icon, there is nothing to stop Nintendo changing the firmware to examine evey cart to see what data is on it. It does not need to spoof anything and it does not need to differentiate between every game, if data is there it can be read. I spoke to one of the flash cart support teams about this and they said its possible to read a cart to see what is on it and it is entirely possible to read the data I am reffering to, If Nintendo chose to do so they could, they did however they said it would slow down the process of loading and executing a legit games and therefore flashcart makers in general would be looking for Nintendo not to take this option because it would affect DSi owners who dont use flashcarts.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
Ethanx94 said:
shaunj66 said:
Better late than never! The M3 Team have finally released an updated F-Core file that will allow owners of the M3i Zero to run their entirely legally homebrew filled cart on their spiffy new 1.4 DSi firmware.
LMFAOOOO
rofl2.gif

Cheers to all you M3i peeps.
Stuck-up AceKard 2i User here to say:

"We got it before you, Nananananana, You copied us, ect."

Now where's that ds-xtreme update?

What a flaming hypocrite. You say we're the stuck-up ones, but...get this...it's you being the stuck-up one here. How do I know? Because you're accusing us of being the stuck-up ones. We got it before you, and R4i and EZV got the update before the Acekard. M3i was just slower, and copied the Acekard's tactic. In a way, the Acekard copied the EZV and R4i. They all use the same type of bypass. So what's it matter?

When I said "Stuck-up AceKard 2i User here" I meant me.
My post was purely for comedic purposes and was not to be taken seriously.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

devilkairi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did m3 team really confirm themselves that they are working on a fix for the itouch2? I first heard it was not upgradeable and now a firmware is on the way? which one is it really? I can wait if one is on its way. Otherwise, I will buy either one of those two, M3i zero and acekart 2i, which one is better?

thanks folks!
grog.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anaxs said:
i would recommend ak2i
i have both of them but personally i think ak performs much better and its a lil faster
and plus akaio is awesome

m3 is good too but i like ak better

I have both as well but I find the AK2i slow to load the list of games when you have a lot in a directory on your card... and I mean sloooow...

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funem said:
anaxs said:
i would recommend ak2i
i have both of them but personally i think ak performs much better and its a lil faster

I have both as well but I find the AK2i slow to load the list of games when you have a lot in a directory on your card... and I mean sloooow...

That's why I put every game and it's save in a single folder. Less strain on the card.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
funem said:
anaxs said:
i would recommend ak2i

really
i have alott of games and that doesnt happen
how much games u have?
ive got 71 i think...

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
The update is released and I am just happy to be able to do my homebrew on my DSi with the latest firmware. I don't understand all this meaningless bashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: