Hacking m3sakura is almost here!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This sure is some weird stuff..And you're theory really does make sense..
I'm having some trouble uploading blank BMPs online, my internet connection always brake on half way uploaded..I'll deal with that, and hopefully, if NeoGunKuruma gets logged in here soon, we'll have English skin made..

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Keeper said:
What I'd like to know, is that if they have nothing to do with each other, why did the some of the latest M3 firmware advertise Sakura?
True...

That's why all this time I (and everyone else) assumed they were the same thing as well. But like I said, I was just speculating. Perhaps I'm wrong. All I'm wondering is, why would M3 Sakura release a firmware that won't play ROMs? And why would the G6/M3 team release one that can? I would think that version 1.11X should be found on the official webpage of M3 Sakura as well, but it's not there.

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
This sure is some weird stuff..And you're theory really does make sense..
I'm having some trouble uploading blank BMPs online, my internet connection always brake on half way uploaded..I'll deal with that, and hopefully, if NeoGunKuruma gets logged in here soon, we'll have English skin made..
Lol, I'm back now >O>

Looks like I'll look at teh code and see what I can do.

I can a least translate any text I find to see any features.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I said, I think M3 did a deal rather than "collaboration" with the guys making M3 Sakura, and the deal involved M3 being able to release M3 Sakura as a firmware for the M3 Real, which can play hacked roms. The other side of the deal (there had to have been something in it) was that the makers of M3 Sakura could sell it as their own cart in some places using M3's Real hardware and they host a version that doesnt play roms on their website as to not look like they into piracy.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi! NeoGunKuruma, I'm happy to see you here, I've sent you a PM and should be able to translate it just fine now..

xJonny said:
As I said, I think M3 did a deal rather than "collaboration" with the guys making M3 Sakura, and the deal involved M3 being able to release M3 Sakura as a firmware for the M3 Real, which can play hacked roms. The other side of the deal (there had to have been something in it) was that the makers of M3 Sakura could sell it as their own cart in some places using M3's Real hardware and they host a version that doesnt play roms on their website as to not look like they into piracy.
Theory like that makes perfect sense (it looks like M3 Team will keep updating their "official" firmware, while hacking and hosting every update of Sakura..sounds great to me), but I guess we'll never know..All this stuff about Sakura release is very weird..

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i can't make much sense of what M3/M6/Sakura/Random is doing.

the M3DSReal gets updates every few days for new games compatibility (good) but it's firmware is still riddled with bugs (not good).

the official M3 website is completely out-of-date, apparently 2.5 beta has just been released! http://www.m3adapter.com/
(not good)

the official support site has not been updated for a stupid amount of time and loads of members have been left in the lurch by their skin competition, winners and prizes for which never saw the light of day. http://www.gba-nds.com/ (very not good)

and now we've all spent ages eagerly waiting for sakura which we hoped would fix all problems and sort out world piece and shit and now…

it has to be hacked to play any ROMs and it's not even from the M3 team??

WTF!? i'm growing bored of this. perhaps i'll get an acekard 2 or a supercard instead?

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xJonny said:

I guess that way Sakura is trying to compete legitimately with the whole DSvision service that Nintendo will be providing, whenever that may be.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
i can't make much sense of what M3/M6/Sakura/Random is doing.

the M3DSReal gets updates every few days for new games compatibility (good) but it's firmware is still riddled with bugs (not good).

the official M3 website is completely out-of-date, apparently 2.5 beta has just been released! http://www.m3adapter.com/
(not good)

the official support site has not been updated for a stupid amount of time and loads of members have been left in the lurch by their skin competition, winners and prizes for which never saw the light of day. http://www.gba-nds.com/ (very not good)

and now we've all spent ages eagerly waiting for sakura which we hoped would fix all problems and sort out world piece and shit and now…

it has to be hacked to play any ROMs and it's not even from the M3 team??

WTF!? i'm growing bored of this. perhaps i'll get an acekard 2 or a supercard instead?

It's like a soap-opera..
wink.gif

You're right in everything you wrote (I was the one of the few that got "let down" on the official support page)..
M3 official firmware gets updated so often probably because M3 Team won't drop support on it..
M3DS Real has few site, check gbalpha.com (it seems to be up-to-date)..

Sakura IS doing everything we were expected it to do, the mere fact it has to be hacked to work properly, frightens me..But, important thing is that it works..

And look it from the bright side....at least we're not bored!!

iamanobody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i patched the new firmware, but it still crashes
hate2.gif
This is my logfile. Help? Currently, I have turned the .jp into a .eng (first 0x200 bytes xor by 0x15) and patched a jump at 0xC250 in the file to an unconditional.

Code:
Start log file. topsector=1868995 size=8192byte
AppName M3Sakura firmware Version 1.10
May 30 2008 01:37:17 GMT+09:00
ARM RVCT3.1 [Build 569]
__current pc=0x02001284 sp=0x02803da0
extmem: Max memory size is 33554432byte.
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/M3SAKURA.DAT
IRQ jump table.
adr=0x1ff020c trig=1
adr=0x1ff0260 trig=10000
----------
Shell_FAT_fopen_LanguageInit=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/LANGUAGE.SET
Setup default code page is '932'.
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/LANGUAGE/CHRGLYPH.932
FreeMem=2949120byte
mainloop.
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/LANGUAGE/MESSAGES.932
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/SPLASH.ANI
Initialize random seed.
Open setting file. [/SYSTEM/m3sakura/M3SAKURA.DAT]
DataSectorIndex=1869027.
Load settings.
This file is old version setting. load default.
Load launch data '/SYSTEM/m3sakura/LAUNCH.DAT'
This file is size too short. load default.
Add launch file. [CHECKD~1.NDS]
Add launch file. [IMAGEV~1.NDS]
Add launch file. [MOONSH~1.NDS]
Add launch file. [MORNIN~1.NDS]
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/RESUME.DAT
ResumeDataSectorIndex=1869059.
Backlight set to 2.
Shell_FAT_fopen_Data=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/SWAPFILE.$$$
Plugin Read headers.
prf data=0 109064us
Plugin Registed. (24x12byte)
Check current path. [/]
finded. [/]
Set skin.
SkinFile_Check(...);
Skin file check failed.
Set default skin.
SkinFile_Check(...);
Shell_FAT_fopen_FullPath=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/DEFAULT.SKN
SkinFile_Close();
extmem: TopAddr=ÂÂ0x8000000.
extmem: TermAddr= 0xa000000.
SkinFile_Open(...);
Shell_FAT_fopen_FullPath=/SYSTEM/M3SAKURA/DEFAULT.SKN
Header size=0x1778
Load color table. [colortbl.ini]
FreeMem=2908160byte
Set NextProc.
Auto booting... [/defaultn.nds]
Used stack size 2932byte.
Total stack size 11796byte.
Event loop...
extmem: Total=33554432byte, Used=215072byte, Free=33339360byte, Allocated=4.

sboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We still have not released the firmware of Sakura USA / European version .
We neeed more time to finish it .
And we just finished the firmware of Japanese version (beta) .
Can play roms .

Thanks !

This is the email i got from m3 team saying that they ned more time to finish the USA/EUropean version.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Id rather have good ver that doesnt corrupt memory cards instead of messing around with a beta like all the JP cards are doing...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Well, I'm more waiting from the official M3 Team rather than hacked by someone, those people who make the firmware deserve the credit.
If Sboi already received the news from the M3 Team directly, then all we can do is wait...
sleep.gif

sboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
KH-Roms said:
Well, I'm more waiting from the official M3 Team rather than hacked by someone, those people who make the firmware deserve the credit.
If Sboi already received the news from the M3 Team directly, then all we can do is wait...
sleep.gif

yes i got the news directly from m3 team.

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
sboi said:
KH-Roms said:
sleep.gif

yes i got the news directly from m3 team.

Whoops, I should replace "If" with "Beside". My mistake
laugh.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
KH-Roms said:

Why would using a hacked firmware not giving them the credits? They are releasing it for free anyway.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeh, guy, wait a couple days before getting angry, at least enjoy the weekend and come back monday, probably everyone will already be talking how good the firmware is... don't get desperate...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Chrono_Tata said:
KH-Roms said:

Why would using a hacked firmware not giving them the credits? They are releasing it for free anyway.

Yeah you're right, they're free but what about Region-lock? Is that also considered as one?
If someone has already hack the region-lock, so what do you think M3 Team will react? I wonder...

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I don't actually understand why the M3 is region-locked either. As far as I know no other flashcarts do it. Having different firmwares for different languages is one thing but region locking is just ridiculous.

And I don't think the team would mind that much if someone does crack the lock. An official release should be more stable than a hacked FW anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online