Hacking Would anyone be interested in joining me to translate the official gba port for Tsukihime?

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project idea is dead to lack of interest in people want to actually join the project. Sorry but shit happens :(

輪廻月姫 (Rinne Tsukihime) is an officially licensed Windows program made by inside-cap/ 帽子屋インサイド that allows you to convert your PC copy of tsukihime into a Gameboy Advance rom.
f6QOe2f.jpg

I would like to start a romhacking project with the goal import Mirror Moon's English script into the rom and to the bypass the rom's annoying DRM

A full write up on the rom's drm (Japanese)

When I spoke to the man who was in charge of inside-cap(2000-2005) and he told me this
これは、先に述べたコピー問題と関係があります。

ユーザーがプレイ実行を継続させるために、母艦となるWindowsとのペアリングする仕組みを作りました。

しかし、もしGBA実機でプレイすることができれば、この面倒な認証をスキップすることができます。

このプログラムは、実行環境がエミュレータか実機であるかを判別していました!
判定方法は秘密で、今のところエミュレータでこの判定をクリアしたものは知らないです。

Rough translation
In order for the user to continue the play the game, we have created a security/ DRM mechanism to pair with the mothership, Windows.

However, if the user is able to play on the actual GBA machine, then this troublesome authentication can be skipped.

The rom is able to determine whether you are playing on an emulator or the actual machine!

The determination method is a secret, and so far I don't know of any emulator that has been able trick and skip the cleared the security/ DRM mechanism.

My part in the project will be as a technical assistant and a graphic designer.

I've spent the money buying Rinne Tsukihime disc off of https://www.suruga-ya.jp and have uploaded it to archive.org with instruction on how to get it working. If you are interested in the project please reply to this thread.

https://archive.org/details/rinne-tsukihime-ver-1.00-build-011230

Last edited by 6Kyojin4,
Reactions: zfreeman and Titney

karmic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've already done a lot of research on the Higurashi GBA port, and I've made a github repo (search for "higurashi-gba-hacktools", can't post links) including lots of technical notes and a C source for a protection killing tool.

It is not 100% complete, and there are minor differences in the engines in the Tsukihime and Higurashi ports, but if you have some way to read the code of the ROM and the PC-side converter tool it should be a lot to get you started.

By the way, it appears that mGBA will soon be fixed to pass the emulator check (refer to mGBA issue #1815).

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you are interested in the project please reply to this thread.
We users have already discussed this topic in a thread last year and I got to try the japanese rom on my pink DS Lite (slot2) through SuperCard microSD, and it works perfectly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/could-someone-put-the-translation-gba-tsukihime.582486/
I'm very interested but I don't have any technical expertise: I could help testing it on real hardware though. I've already read it on VNDS for DS finishing one route, but this would be my chance to pick it up again and finish all the routes.;)

PS. Do you already know that Kagetsu Tohya, the continuation of this one, is also available for GBA? And I think it doesn't have any protection, since it also works on VBA. Also of this one is available the translation patch for the Windows version: why don't you start porting this on gba?

1612687358576.jpg

Last edited by Nikokaro,

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We users have already discussed this topic in a thread last year and I got to try the japanese rom on my pink DS Lite (slot2) through SuperCard microSD, and it works perfectly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/could-someone-put-the-translation-gba-tsukihime.582486/
I'm very interested but I don't have any technical expertise: I could help testing it on real hardware though. I've already read it on VNDS for DS finishing one route, but this would be my chance to pick it up again and finish all the routes.;)

PS. Do you already know that Kagetsu Tohya, the continuation of this one, is also available for GBA? And I think it doesn't have any protection, since it also works on VBA. Also of this one is available the translation patch for the Windows version: why don't you start porting this on gba?

View attachment 297535
Yes, I have the Rinne Tohya software. I've uploaded it to https://archive.org/details/rinne-thoya-ver-1.00-build-020512. But I have so far not been able to find an archive the REV.2 update file (touya_rev2.exe). Just like Rinne tsukhime when ever you update the software you get quality of life features at the cost of copy protection. I would like to work with someone to disable to the copy protection so I can have the quality of life features with out the drm.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am very sorry that no one has come forward to help you.
I was very interested especially in Kagetsu Tohya, which has serious flaws with VNDS (DS version).
Anyway I bump this thread, in the hope that someone else notices your idea and would like to participate in this interesting project. 😉

hugEn3utron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I've been trying to get this to work but I think the file I need is in your archive the link it just says that its no longer available is there any way you can fix the link or send me it through other means??

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the link it just says that its no longer available
Strange. Until recently it was still available. I wonder why they took it down from there; who can be bothered to this day that this old tool is freely available to everyone? 🤔 At that time I had downloaded it to my PC, but can no longer find it. Perhaps @6Kyojin4 still has a copy, but I don't know if he is still active here, since he restricts viewing of his profile to only a select few; welp, never understood that attitude. 🤷

hugEn3utron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who can be bothered to this day that this old tool is freely available to everyone?
yeah ive been trying to get it to work but the copies of the tool I can find are incomplete and its just such a lost piece of software this thread was my one hope and this copy is gone I hope he responds or I might be looking for a copy of the tool and be buying it myself lol

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah ive been trying to get it to work but the copies of the tool I can find are incomplete and its just such a lost piece of software this thread was my one hope and this copy is gone I hope he responds or I might be looking for a copy of the tool and be buying it myself lol
Lad, precisely what would you like to do with it? Porting the Windows versions of Tsukihime or Kagetsu Tohya already translated into english on GBA with that tool? Do you have the technical knowledge to do that? Do you already know that those two jpn roms are already converted and available online?
*modsnip*

Last edited by DinohScene,

hugEn3utron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porting the Windows versions of Tsukihime or Kagetsu Tohya already translated into english on GBA with that tool?
yeah I mostly am trying to convert the mirror moon translation version of the game to the gba just for fun I don't really know if its even possible to do so but in my mind I don't see why it shouldn't be

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. Until recently it was still available. I wonder why they took it down from there; who can be bothered to this day that this old tool is freely available to everyone? 🤔 At that time I had downloaded it to my PC, but can no longer find it. Perhaps @6Kyojin4 still has a copy, but I don't know if he is still active here, since he restricts viewing of his profile to only a select few; welp, never understood that attitude. 🤷
I didn't take it down from Archive.org. They false flag the rinne tsukihime files as virus. I have repload the download links to reddit

hugEn3utron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't take it down from Archive.org. They false flag the rinne tsukihime files as virus. I have repload the download links to reddit
so I found your post and got everything I think I needed so I read the directions but every time I try to do this I am never able to get the r4 exe to appear any clue why??

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I found your post and got everything I think I needed so I read the directions but every time I try to do this I am never able to get the r4 exe to appear any clue why??
I do you mean the .exe file is missing from the download link or are you saying the .exe wont open?

6Kyojin4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the exe that is supposed to be made after using mebius_rev4 exe it never makes an exe so i cant convert the game to a rom
You mean no 輪廻月姫 r4.exe was made? It will always be in the same folder as 輪廻.exe

Make sure to go through the instructions again step by step again
  1. Open the file mebius_rev4.exe
  2. Select the directory where 輪廻.exe is stored and click OK and then OK again
  3. Select キーファイル指定 and the click 参照
  4. Click OK and then check the directory again and a new called 輪廻月姫 r4.exe should appear

hugEn3utron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean no 輪廻月姫 r4.exe was made? It will always be in the same folder as 輪廻.exe

Make sure to go through the instructions again step by step again
  1. Open the file mebius_rev4.exe
  2. Select the directory where 輪廻.exe is stored and click OK and then OK again
  3. Select キーファイル指定 and the click 参照
  4. Click OK and then check the directory again and a new called 輪廻月姫 r4.exe should appear
yeah ive gone through those steps a bunch trying to get it to work but it just wont make 輪廻月姫 r4.exe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!