Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for Acekards

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got extreme audio sync issues in anime I've converted with Dpg4x and BatchDPG... it's fine at the beginning but when I skip ahead in the video the audio is still playing the intro... and if I skip back it goes back to the beginning... skip forward again and it seems to move here and there not minding where I'm actually at in the episode... I don't know what's going on.

Using the latest MAIO version with my Acekard2i...

edit: I guess I don't actually have to use that crappy file format since I just now see there's an avi plugin? Can someone suggest a good converter?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
~Stenny said:
yeah she did,Oh...
blush.gif
Don't know WHAT you're thinkng off Mantis - I'm guessing Stenny is referring to the 'Voice recorder' question he asked earlier

----------------
@ Badnat: Well any video converting I do I usually use 'Super ©' (although actually getting to the proper download link is a pain), but another convertor I've seen recommended is called 'Format Factory' (I've tried this & sometimes the audio is out of sync with the video)

I can also tell you that I'm not 100% sure about the AVI video format required (I never really play videos on DS - I only included it in MAIO as some1 asked for it) - the actual player is called 'Tuna-Vid' (find some info about it here ). The bit right @ the bottom states
QUOTE said:
Tuna-viDS plays videos with the following format:
  • Video: 256px wide, up to 192px tall, up to 12fps, Xvid encoded, non-interlaced
    Audio: Stereo or mono MP3
    Container: AVI with chunk index, video must be the first stream (fourcc 00dc)
You can use FFmpeg to convert videos with this command (all one line):
CODE
ffmpeg -i -f avi -r 10 -s 256x192 -b 192k -bt 64k -vcodec libxvid -deinterlace -acodec libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 96k -ac 2 tuna-vids.avi

This encodes the video as Xvid at 256×192px, 10fps, 192±64kbps. You can try up to 12fps, but anything higher will slow down the decoder too much. It encodes the audio as stereo MP3 at 32kHz, 96kbps. It muxes it into an AVI container with the filename "tuna-vids.avi". Feel free to experiment with bit rates, sample rates, and frame rates. Just keep the video exactly 256px wide and no more than 192px tall.
So as long as the video convertor you use can get those settings - you 'should' be OK

As for the DPG format - IIRC the DPGEncoders that come with Moonshell are 'version dependant' (i.e. you'll have problem with videos if you compile using MS v2.07 encoder & try playing it on MS v2.09) so I would suggest trying different Moonshell encoders to see if any give better results

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
huuuurrr that freaking voice recorder. i hate 'application halted' error messages.

but that's ok, i reinstalled MAIO and now the thing is working.

Moonlight is a 'she', i guess.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Don't know WHAT you're thinking of Mantis - I'm guessing Stenny is referring to the 'Voice recorder' question he asked earlier
I thought he was saying vamiprex was a chick. LOL.
rolleyes.gif
I just go confused again.... it happens all the time...... You get used to it.

On the DPG audio sync issue. I had the same issue with several versions of DPGenc. I eventually found one (i think from the child zwai package) that encodes ok and seeks quickly without screwing the audio sync.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now for Child Zwai.

Changing the commercial ROM header with ROMER to #### allows it to be run under Child Zwai. Unfortunatly, all it does for there is show a white screen as Moonshell and akAIO are trying to load it as homebrew.

So... If anyone can find out where the #### check takes place and fudge it then we may be part of the way there. Is this possible with a HEX search / edit?

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CannonFoddr: Thanks a lot for your help. I'm having a little more luck with SUPER, but I'm starting to think it's just not worth the trouble, lol.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
~Stenny said:
Moonlight is a 'she', i guess.
Moonlight is a 'he'.

QUOTE(Mantis41 @ May 7 2011, 01:59 PM) Changing the commercial ROM header with ROMER to #### allows it to be run under Child Zwai. Unfortunatly, all it does for there is show a white screen as Moonshell and akAIO are trying to load it as homebrew.

So... If anyone can find out where the #### check takes place and fudge it then we may be part of the way there. Is this possible with a HEX search / edit?
I actually came across this fact a long while ago (back when PPSEDS was giving me trouble, because as it turns out, PPSEDS has a non-#### header and triggered the check), but as far as I know, there hasn't been a way to break that check. From the current state of things, it could probably be inferred that because there isn't a way to break that check, the mshl2wrap bypass was originally made.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
badnat said:
@CannonFoddr: Thanks a lot for your help. I'm having a little more luck with SUPER, but I'm starting to think it's just not worth the trouble, lol.
Just use this version of DPGenc. It works great and no audio sync issues. No settings to worry about just drag and drop the video file/s onto the running DPGenc window or DPGenc.exe file and wait fo the results.

If you are having anymore issues I would download and install k-lite (full or mega download with lots of stuff install).

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Mantis41 said:
The fix for the missing icons is to open up the ROM file in RomeR and then apply changes. This has worked fine for about 6 effected ROMs, only the one "New Carnival Games" didn't run up after RomeR adjusted the header so I had to leave it icon-less.Hmm - I wonder what games they are - they're not DSi Enhanced ones by any chance (Canival Games is - I think) ?? Just a little update over this 'problem'

I found out that Tauji commented something about this already in this thread (only found it 'cos I was looking through the thread trying to find out who sent me the 'Moonshell clock graphics' so that I could 'credit them' in the first post)
It seems that MoonShell only recognizes Banner version 0/1.

http://www.bottledlight.com/ds/index.php/F...rmats/NDSFormat
Banner structure
Offset Size Description
0 2 Version (always 1)

But this "Version" seems to be >=2 in recent games (like Maple Story(K)). So possibly we can patch there to 1.
Not 100% sure what this is all about but I hazard a guess that the games Mantis41 has tried are NOT 'banner 1' type games (whatever the hell that actually means) & that's why their icons don't show up- but WHY Nintendo has changed their file structure I couldn't take a guess at

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had any luck getting soft reset to work when running homebrew from moonshell? I have tried many forums and am no closer to getting it working. Specifically, I am trying to soft reset nesDS and neoDS and Mega Stopwatch.

I have tried several versions of rpgs.nds from Taiju's uploads. If you have managed to get it working could you please tell me the key combination and the reset file/s used?

Edit:
I have noticed a slight bug when using RomeR. It changes the CR32 part of the game ID so you need to edit the cheat database or the cheats will not work for that game.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mantis41 said:
Just use this version of DPGenc. It works great and no audio sync issues. No settings to worry about just drag and drop the video file/s onto the running DPGenc window or DPGenc.exe file and wait fo the results.

If you are having anymore issues I would download and install k-lite (full or mega download with lots of stuff install).
Thanks a lot. That's the only thing I've tried that outputs the audio in sync! It's too bad it doesn't handle multiple audio tracks and subtitles well, but you can't have everything I guess
wink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Mantis41 said:
Has anyone had any luck getting soft reset to work when running homebrew from moonshell? I have tried many forums and am no closer to getting it working. Specifically, I am trying to soft reset nesDS and neoDS and Mega Stopwatch.
You can soft-reset from within Homebrew when using Moonshell2 ?!?!?
I never knew that - the only 'softreset' I know of is when you're in Moonshell & you press {Start} > 'Reset to firmware'

Actually - thinking about that... I don't think I updated the file in the 'resetmse' folder when I update MAIO to 3.05 (I don't use Moonshell softreset anyway - with the DSI I usually just press the power button to reset). Can't check ATM - in work

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
From the current state of things, it could probably be inferred that because there isn't a way to break that check, the mshl2wrap bypass was originally made.
That's right. Another good point is that ndslink (mshl2wrap builder) changes banner version to 1, so like file's icon will be displayed on ms2.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
the only 'softreset' I know of is when you're in Moonshell & you press {Start} > 'Reset to firmware'

Actually - thinking about that... I don't think I updated the file in the 'resetmse' folder when I update MAIO to 3.05 (I don't use Moonshell softreset anyway - with the DSI I usually just press the power button to reset). Can't check ATM - in work
To get Start > exit to firmware working:
Make a copy of akAIO.nds "ini-clear" in the resetmse folder and re-name it to rpgs.nds. You can delete everything else in this folder to clean things up a bit.

You were right, you can not soft re-set when running homebrew which is a pain as I seem to run emulators and homebrew more than DS games these days.

I was thinking of making a copy of MAIO to work with Wood R4. Do you think anyone would be interested in this or is it a waste of time? It could be included in the same package. It would only take a few extra files and a little re-organising. You could leave the akAIO or Wood downloads out of the package and just include in the instructions > download latest firmware > wood or akAIO > rename to XXXXXX and then copy on all of the MAIO files.

With a little help you could probably make the one MAIO package work with most of the major cards.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, it won't really help if you've already gotten testing and concluded it, but there really isn't anything to set up...Just the inilink.ini and placing the WoodR4.nds somewhere...aside from that, iniclear will work the same as always, the extlink will work for WoodR4 as it does for AKAIO, and the only other thing needed is a renamed (and encrypted if required) moonshl2.nds as the _ds_menu.dat...

From the current MAIO, it's just some renaming of akaio.nds, removing the AKAIO stuff, changing the inilink.ini to match whatever you want, and then having the initial boot as MS2 (restating much xD?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hope silent hill 2 turns out good