Majora's Mask on Wii U

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I want to play Majora's Mask on Wii U.
Is there a way to play the game in widescreen an perferably 60 fps?
Widescreen, possibly if you inject the N64 version you can set it to inject with widescreen settings - can't say if forcing widescreen will look the best or not though. 60 FPS, not yet. In the future, Ship Of Harkinian that ported Ocarina of Time may do Majora, if the decompilation has been completed to a satisfactory level, but it would first be a PC port most likely before gaining Wii U support, so it is probably still a bit off in the future. When that arrives it will likely have the option to go up to 60 FPS.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use both patches but the experimental 60-30fps patch tends to mess with a lot of situations/music/gameplay.
Widescreen patch only glitchs the item menu for 2-3 seconds and restores itself. I recommend patch the ROM using patcher64+ tool.

Last edited by zerofalcon,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Widescreen, possibly if you inject the N64 version you can set it to inject with widescreen settings - can't say if forcing widescreen will look the best or not though. 60 FPS, not yet. In the future, Ship Of Harkinian that ported Ocarina of Time may do Majora, if the decompilation has been completed to a satisfactory level, but it would first be a PC port most likely before gaining Wii U support, so it is probably still a bit off in the future. When that arrives it will likely have the option to go up to 60 FPS.
Yeah, from what I last heard, they're only like 30% done doing the same decomp job that they did on OoT for MM.

Doneyboney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now when this have been posted:
Any update of a Majoras Mask for Wii U?

A Wii U port of this would take awhile and let's be honest, it'll run like a one legged dog on a wheel harness.

But there's still great alternatives like:

This patch +rom injected into DK 64 US with removed dark filter is goated

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A Wii U port of this would take awhile and let's be honest, it'll run like a one legged dog on a wheel harness.

But there's still great alternatives like:

This patch +rom injected into DK 64 US with removed dark filter is goated

That one only adds widescreen right?
I can only hope someone does something similar to SOH Ocarina. The increased framerate, draw distance and higher resolution textures were game changers.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A Wii U port of this would take awhile
And that was nicely said... The whole graphics API of this recompiler is based on Vulkan / DX12, so nothing the Wii U could handle... Then this recompiler probably recompiles to little endian but Wii U is big endian...

tl;dr: It probably needs a shitload of work / a lot of rewrites of this recompiler before it gets even slightly usable for the Wii U. And there are not that many devs in the Wii U scene skilled enough for such a task (I know I'm not).

@KelSolaar SoH evolved so much, it doesn't run good on the Wii U... In fact it runs so bad and SoH devs don't care, I think I heard some birdy chilping he wants to to do a none SoH related OoT port for the Wii U...

Now if you'r really, really happy that birdy might also have access to a 100% decomp of MM (yes, a 100% decomp exists... And not only since yesterday...) so maaaaybe you'll see such a MM port... In a few years... ;)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? I mean are you unfamiliar with how great Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time and Master Quest decompiled) run on Wii U? (Not every build of course, but plenty of builds do run fantastically with full widescreen, both games integrated, solid 30fps, full camera control, ability to customize the GUI as you desire, etc. etc.) Majora's Mask decompiled should absolutely run that great on the Wii U with the same kind of love. I suppose if the demand is for 4K ray tracing and 60fps, then no that wont happen, but the great thing with these decomps is how much they can be scaled to run effectively on whatever hardware they're ported to. Mario 64 has a few great Wii U decomp builds as well. (though of course Render 96 and the like will remain out of the question, but I don't personally need that specifically).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
And that was nicely said... The whole graphics API of this recompiler is based on Vulkan / DX12, so nothing the Wii U could handle... Then this recompiler probably recompiles to little endian but Wii U is big endian...

tl;dr: It probably needs a shitload of work / a lot of rewrites of this recompiler before it gets even slightly usable for the Wii U. And there are not that many devs in the Wii U scene skilled enough for such a task (I know I'm not).

@KelSolaar SoH evolved so much, it doesn't run good on the Wii U... In fact it runs so bad and SoH devs don't care, I think I heard some birdy chilping he wants to to do a none SoH related OoT port for the Wii U...

Now if you'r really, really happy that birdy might also have access to a 100% decomp of MM (yes, a 100% decomp exists... And not only since yesterday...) so maaaaybe you'll see such a MM port... In a few years... ;)

Are you kidding me? SOH OoT was the best way I've ever experienced the game. High quality textures, 16:9, higher framerate, greater draw distance, and the zillions of QoL improvements.
As soon as finished it I was like "wow, I really need to play Majoras Mask in this form". And I was greatly saddened to learn that there isnt any similiar version of Majoras Mask.
Post automatically merged:

? I mean are you unfamiliar with how great Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time and Master Quest decompiled) run on Wii U? (Not every build of course, but plenty of builds do run fantastically with full widescreen, both games integrated, solid 30fps, full camera control, ability to customize the GUI as you desire, etc. etc.) Majora's Mask decompiled should absolutely run that great on the Wii U with the same kind of love. I suppose if the demand is for 4K ray tracing and 60fps, then no that wont happen, but the great thing with these decomps is how much they can be scaled to run effectively on whatever hardware they're ported to. Mario 64 has a few great Wii U decomp builds as well. (though of course Render 96 and the like will remain out of the question, but I don't personally need that specifically).

Exactly mate! I think the reason people brush it off is because they havent tried it. I was blown away by it. And the Wii U gamepad worked so good on it!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you kidding me?
No, re-read what I said, please: This recompiler is tuned for modern PCs, not for the Wii U. It would need a lot of effort to make this working on the Wii U.

SOH OoT was the best way I've ever experienced the game.
Yea, as @MikaDubbz said this depends on the version you use. SoH team tends to care more about modern hardware, there's just one single person in the Wii U team...

I was greatly saddened to learn that there isnt any similiar version of Majoras Mask.
Cause doing such things needs a lot of time. This recompiler probably also wasn't written in a few weeks...
If you want to get a picture just try to learn to code and see how much time it takes to be able to do such huge things like such ports.

I'm really not trying to be the bad guy or anything like this, just trying to say that such things won't happen over night. Count more on months to years than on days...

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, re-read what I said, please: This recompiler is tuned for modern PCs, not for the Wii U. It would need a lot of effort to make this working on the Wii U.

Yea, as @MikaDubbz said this depends on the version you use. SoH team tends to care more about modern hardware, there's just one single person in the Wii U team...

Cause doing such things needs a lot of time. This recompiler probably also wasn't written in a few weeks...
If you want to get a picture just try to learn to code and see how much time it takes to be able to do such huge things like such ports.

I'm really not trying to be the bad guy or anything like this, just trying to say that such things won't happen over night. Count more on months to years than on days...

Oh well I’ll guess I have to wait till a few years until I can enjoy it on Wii U 😁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg