XP
Country
Gambia, The

javiMaD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, then how much space does the tag need to have?
NTAG215 -> 540 bytes (504 bytes usable memory)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I know nothing about how NFC works. My friend's Android phone has NFC support, and he says I can use it. If I buy these, can I use them with my friend's phone to make amiibo cards? Do I need anything else other than the cards, my computer, and the NFC phone for writing to the card? Thanks!

http://smile.amazon.com/Ntag-215-Bl...e=UTF8&qid=1454358928&sr=8-2&keywords=NTAG215
Something is wrong in this article, 888 bytes is NTAG216, NOT NTAG215

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
NTAG215 -> 540 bytes (504 bytes usable memory)
You guys had me all confused, so I looked at the specs and I get it now, NTAG215 has 540 bytes of which 504 are rw user data, so if you see either capacity for NTAG215, it's fine. Now I'll order some.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide, @PokeAcer. This process is extremely easy now with @javiMaD's amiitool edit. I quadruple checked to make sure I didn't miss anything, and it all went without a hitch. :) Just write the 9-byte UID in the correct places, re-encrypt with the key, and write with TagMo. Boom.

If you use the app NFC TagInfo (which I was using to read the 7-byte UID anyways), you can go to Data (HEX) and it will already show the 9-byte UID as 4 bytes on Page 0, 4 bytes on Page 1, and 1 byte on Page 2; that is if you didn't want to use SuperSVGA's online UID Calculator or use my offline AmiiboUIDCalc.exe (for Windows).

EDIT: I used these tags, for anyone wondering.

EDIT2: And with TagMo 2 none of the above matters lol.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: buda81

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might make one once I get some tags in.
With the Windows-compiled amiitool and pastebin that has the keys, this is already getting fairly simple.

Well, with Amitool2 out, a video's not really necessary.
Just grab it, get the key from pastebin, split it into two files (first 80 bytes, second 80 bytes), toss them and a bin dump on your phone, load it all up (app verifies hashes of keys, so you'll know if it's right) and hit write.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well, with Amitool2 out, a video's not really necessary.
Just grab it, get the key from pastebin, split it into two files (first 80 bytes, second 80 bytes), toss them and a bin dump on your phone, load it all up (app verifies hashes of keys, so you'll know if it's right) and hit write.
Yeah. I was getting a little angry before I figured out I had to split it into two keys.
But besides that, it works so easily. No need for a tutorial.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whats the most expensive/rare amiibo in the United States?

_Pro_Man_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone recommend a super cheap phone I can use for this I dont own an android phone.
I'm in the same boat here. I already have an amiiqo/n2elite, but I don't have an android phone. I was considering getting the nfc reader for it, don't know if that could somehow be used with this project.

newandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any nfc reader / Writers that are compatible with windows that can be used to backup amiibo's. I have a n2elite reader / writer but I guess that will not work for these NTAG215 tags? Correct??

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask a newbie question, but what are the "Keys" and where do you get them? Is it just one key per amiibo or one key for all?

This is everything I know so far:

- On an Android phone with NFC support, install the Tagmo 2 app
- Obtain the amiibo specific bin file
- Obtain the "keys" whatever that is
- Place the keys and bin file on your phone's micro SD
- Use Tagmo 2 to load the keys and bin file, it will do all the work. Then you just choose write and let it write to the tag, done.

From this, it seems like there isn't much computer work at hand, and no need for a hex editor.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have just received it so I am going to try it out this evening, but I think that just shows you what you have in the slots. Not sure if you can directly switch to an amiibo via it (I could be wrong). I bought a few 215 tags anyway to try this method, worth giving it a go

Okay, would nice if you give feedback on this matter =D
Would be great if this works via android app =D
Even if it does not work...its still not as cost intensive as buying all amiibos ;D

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Sorry to ask a newbie question, but what are the "Keys" and where do you get them? Is it just one key per amiibo or one key for all?

This is everything I know so far:

- On an Android phone with NFC support, install the Tagmo 2 app
- Obtain the amiibo specific bin file
- Obtain the "keys" whatever that is
- Place the keys and bin file on your phone's micro SD
- Use Tagmo 2 to load the keys and bin file, it will do all the work. Then you just choose write and let it write to the tag, done.

From this, it seems like there isn't much computer work at hand, and no need for a hex editor.
You need the hex editer to make the key.bin files you need.
Il PM YOU

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.