Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where can I find NTAG215 tags? Im basged in the USA and want to order 30-40 of them.

I found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NFC...lgo_pvid=7adc9ee1-fd1c-4628-9a80-e004f9134730

Is this a combo chip/sticker and card? Would it work for Amiibos?
Those are blank cards with NFC build in. You could flash Amiibo to them and print images on them with a special printer inlay/adapter.
Otherwise use these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NTA...able-NFC-Adhesive-Labels-Dia/32764597031.html

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cheapest would be ordering directly from china, but if you want them sooner for just a little extra I recommend http://zipnfc.com/ (they also got a shop on amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk).

edit: dang, they seem to be out of stock for the 215 now

I'll second ZipNfc, I get all of mine from there and their service is excellent. They're not normally out of stock for very long, usually they re-stock pretty quickly.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, got my custom Amiibo Discs goin' now!! Took forever to get all the items I needed to start making these. They are 1.5" x 1/32" Clear Acrylic Discs with 1.5" color printed labels on one side and the 0.95" round NTAG215's on the other. I thought about doing 1" discs since the NFC tags were just under 1" but then the printed graphic was too tiny to make out a lot of detail. Besides, now I could drill a hole in each disc if I want and put sets on a cord loop or keyring. They entire Zelda set for BotW (17 Amiibo in all) fits nicely in my Switch case too.

What do you all think?

Attachments

• Amiibo_Discs.png
    Amiibo_Discs.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 507
Last edited by esmith13,

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, got my custom Amiibo Discs goin' now!! Took forever to get all the items I needed to start making these. They are 1.5" x 1/32" Clear Acrylic Discs with 1.5" color printed labels on one side and the 0.95" round NTAG215's on the other. I thought about doing 1" discs since the NFC tags were just under 1" but then the printed graphic was too tiny to make out a lot of detail. Besides, now I could drill a hole in each disc if I want and put sets on a cord loop or keyring. They entire Zelda set for BotW (17 Amiibo in all) fits nicely in my Switch case too.

What do you all think?

seems a lot of work but good job.. looks really neat.. but for me i prefer coloured discs like Link from SSB you use a green disc, or Zelda BOTW amiibo a dark blue or black.. but still this is a really fine job..wish i got the skills, or patience..im too lazy i might just use a permanent marker to determine which is which LOL..

@killmister2 , regarding that nfc card, i saw a comment where it says it didnt work? now im having second thoughts about this..

IMG_0136.PNG

Last edited by owek1,

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems a lot of work but good job.. looks really neat.. but for me i prefer coloured discs like Link from SSB you use a green disc, or Zelda BOTW amiibo a dark blue or black.. but still this is a really fine job..wish i got the skills, or patience..im too lazy i might just use a permanent marker to determine which is which LOL..
Thanks. I did permanent marker on the NFC paper backings until the discs showed up. :D
I agree with you tho about the colors. I wanted to do series in colors like the bases are. SSB in gold, Mario stuff in red, Zelda in green, etc. Problem is it's hard to get the discs in small quantities of colors without buying a random rainbow pack and it would really mess with my OCD if I was short on a color. I tried for white but clear and black were the common colors which translated to "cheap".

Reactions: owek1

thegameksk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@killmister2 , regarding that nfc card, i saw a comment where it says it didnt work? now im having second thoughts about this..

View attachment 81162

I saw this and now m having second thoughts as well.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 81162

I saw this and now m having second thoughts as well.

odd number of bytes. I think it is a somehow damaged NFC TAG 215. Doesn't mean the seller lies.

Last edited by DarkIrata,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used the modified version of TagMo, since the official one didn't worked with my old Samsung Galaxy S4.

The NXP app only read the specs of the tags.

i havent got the blank tags yet but seeing that nxp app it looks useless for what we want it for.. glad it worked for you. i might go ahead and order it.. hope it works for me too..

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i havent got the blank tags yet but seeing that nxp app it looks useless for what we want it for.. glad it worked for you. i might go ahead and order it.. hope it works for me too..
In conjunction with what @killmister2 said, and for the sake of setting your mind at ease, I ran the NXP app and read one of my blank tags that did not come from that link, but works properly with amiibo. That tag also reports 492 bytes in that app.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
:D
In conjunction with what @killmister2 said, and for the sake of setting your mind at ease, I ran the NXP app and read one of my blank tags that did not come from that link, but works properly with amiibo. That tag also reports 492 bytes in that app.

I don't think I'd call it an 'issue'. 492 is the max URL you could put on a 540 mem / 504 user mem / 492 URL / 490 txt NTAG215.

thanks, i was a bit worried. But now it seems my questions have been answered. I'll go ahead and order some more. :) by the way, im curious what your custom amiibo card looks like, i mean did you print a custom design on it to make it look unique? you dont really have to post a pic if it's a hassle for you. You could just describe it to me. Anyway, thanks again. :D

Reactions: nexusmtz

Tyrant82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Those are blank cards with NFC build in. You could flash Amiibo to them and print images on them with a special printer inlay/adapter.
Otherwise use these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NTA...able-NFC-Adhesive-Labels-Dia/32764597031.html

Hi lordelan,

I want to start to make amiibos too, if i read correctly these are nfc ntag215 stickers that i can stick anywhere? Could you point me to some empty discs where i could add them? (aliexpress) I want to take them with me, best would be in my switch case :)

tia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars