Hacking Making homebrew for 5.5+ on linux?

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I looked at this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-homebrew-development.391050/

So I want to try and port my chip8 emulator to the Wii U, but I'm not exactly how to start, what do I install and how? The sticky gives instructions for Windows but not Linux, and do I need to use Yellows8's libstagefright exploit since I'm on 5.5? For libwiiu, I cloned it than ran python build.py examples/helloworld only to be greeted by many errors, I have devkitppc installed properly (can compile wii dol's just fine) but see no where to add it to the makefile.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just really confused as to what I need to do to get set up and how.

Last edited by Monado_III,

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I looked at this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-homebrew-development.391050/

So I want to try and port my chip8 emulator to the Wii U, but I'm not exactly how to start, what do I install and how? The sticky gives instructions for Windows but not Linux, and do I need to use Yellows8's libstagefright exploit since I'm on 5.5? For libwiiu, I cloned it than ran python build.py examples/helloworld only to be greeted by many errors, I have devkitppc installed properly (can compile wii dol's just fine) but see no where to add it to the makefile.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just really confused as to what I need to do to get set up and how.

if your are building for the libstagefright, you do not need to use the libwiiu build system. Simply compile your program into the codexxx.bin and pass that to the php server. You will need to set up apache and php, to run it. Once you've got the php server set up, just put the codexxx.bin in the php server, update the config file with your codexxx.bin and you can now navigate to your webserver and launch your payload. If you prefer to have an mp4 instead of using the php server, you can browse to it with your computer, right click on the link and save as an .mp4.

Simply put, yellows8 and libwiiu python do the same thing in different way. They provide the initial userland exploit and than load your code into memory.

Reactions: Monado_III

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if your are building for the libstagefright, you do not need to use the libwiiu build system. Simply compile your program into the codexxx.bin and pass that to the php server. You will need to set up apache and php, to run it. Once you've got the php server set up, just put the codexxx.bin in the php server, update the config file with your codexxx.bin and you can now navigate to your webserver and launch your payload. If you prefer to have an mp4 instead of using the php server, you can browse to it with your computer, right click on the link and save as an .mp4.

Simply put, yellows8 and libwiiu python do the same thing in different way. They provide the initial userland exploit and than load your code into memory.
Ok, that makes things easier, but how do I compile for libstagefright?

Last edited by Monado_III,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol our trash can decided to go flying and flipped on its side