Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

MarcaDS Version 3.0 Released

For the arcade nuts!

marcads.jpg

MarcaDS is a Z80 arcade emulator, which includes famous titles, such as Arkanoid, Donkey Kong and more. While it's by far short in game count versus the infamous M.A.M.E., this is a good sight to see for DS homebrew. This emulator began back in September 2005 and is a former NeoFlash Competition entry. Let's check the overview including the V.3.0 release this weekend:

· 108 classic arcade titles are compatible (7 are not playable)

· Only Pac-Man and clones currently have sound

· Complete overhaul of the emulator as of V.3.0

· No High Score saving (yet)

To play these games using MarcaDS, you must first acquire the appropriate arcade ROMs. As with all ROM issues here at GBATemp, we will not provide any information on how to obtain these games. Sorry.
cool.gif

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is AWESOME!!! Seriously HELL YA....like HELL YA!!! Don't know what else to say but HELLLLL YAAAA Can't wait for future releases. This ROOOOCKS

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don`t think that the emulation is running in good speed on most of the newer games
I think games like FINAL FIGHT will run fuckin slow. :'( GAmes like DONKEY KONG or GALAGA should run good.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can get it to fire up no problem. M3 Perfect SD .... but it wont run any games. I see the games in the list, they do show up, but when I hit start or A on them, it just blinks and stays at the main menu. Maybe I have the wrong roms? I'm just using the ones I use for PC MAME, with no compression like it says.

dblank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had that problem too, make sure you have all the files listed in gamelist.txt for your particular games (uncompressed) zip.

Pacman for example, you'd want:
82s123.7f,82s126.1m,82s126.3m,82s126.4a,pacman.5e,pacman.5f,pacman.6e,pacman.6f,
acman.6h,pacman.6j

all inside pacman.zip

I can get it to fire up no problem. M3 Perfect SD .... but it wont run any games. I see the games in the list, they do show up, but when I hit start or A on them, it just blinks and stays at the main menu. Maybe I have the wrong roms? I'm just using the ones I use for PC MAME, with no compression like it says.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I figured it out. MarcaDS wants unmerged roms, and most peoples MAME sets are merged 6 ways to Sunday .... so yeah check the exact rom banks you need for each game. Its listed to the far right in gamelist.txt (open with a command prompt to read it properly, edit gamelist.txt).

I've only tried a couple games since I havent the time to track down all the unmerged romsets, but its pretty damn sweet I must say. If he gets all those games working with sound, I will be a happy man.

The only gripe I have is the screen positioning. Its kind odd to have 3/4 of the screen on the top, and 1/4 on the bottom. I hope he includes some kind of sideways mode. The DS screen sideways is almost exactly the dimensions and resolution of old arcade monitors.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get this working on Supercard? Tried it on my Supercard Lite, but it doesn't get past the "Searching for FAT Folders" screen...
frown.gif

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to get it to work on your sclite run .nds thru moonshell patcher. put the uncompressed zip files in a folder called marcads in the root dir.

it works on sclite

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to get it to work on your sclite run .nds thru moonshell patcher. put the uncompressed zip files in a folder called marcads in the root dir.

it works on sclite
Umm... Moonshell Patcher? No idea what that is (the SC Software patcher, or boot it from Moonshell, or huh?) Also, I'm trying to run Ms. PacMan. I have a folder with all the separate rom base files in it, but it's zipped. Should I unzip it and add or leave it zipped and just drag it onto the SD card? Lastly, I have to add the rom stuff into the MarcaDS root folder but what about the MarcaDS.nds file itself? Does that go into the MarcaDS folder too or outside of the folder? Thanks for your time!
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far