Mages4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I get some messed up error in Japanese.
Is there any way that someone could PM me this already completed?
Like with everything built already so I just have to put it on my R4?

JODIsBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loesjoel said:
Can I step in and say this whole work around is a little more bloated than necessary (potentially)?

I performed the only following steps to put YsMenu on my R4 and the game works excellently (for the 30 or so minutes I've played, including saving and reloading saves).

Download YSMenu - http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ (It's YSMenu 0903211700)
Download R4ysauto - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?djfhhydhmmm

9.) Create a new directory on your desktop called "r4ysauto" without the quote marks.

10. Extract the contents of the r4ysauto package you downloaded into this directory.

11.) Copy the YSMenu package you downloaded into the "r4ysauto" directory. - Rename YSMenu0903211700 to YSMenu0903270000

12.) Run r4config.bat and answer the questions with these answers,
Code:
Language: EN
Flashcart: R4
Overwrite: Yes
Skin: No
YSMenu Language: EN
Ways To Install YSMenu: 1
Automatic Updates: Off

13.) Run r4.bat. This will produce "R4_custom_English.zip" - this now also creates a _DS_MENU.DAT.

14.) Extract the files of this archive into the root of your card.

18.) Copy and paste the Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story ROM onto the cart.

19.) Remove the MicroSD from the PC and put it in the R4.

20.) Boot up the game obviously.

I skipped all the other steps in the tutorial and my Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story seems to work perfectly. Can anyone with experience tell me why this walkthrough suggests using MoonShell? Will I run into problems down the road just launching the game straight through YsMenu?

May I ask what website/link did you download your M&L rom from? I followed EVERY STEP and it STILL doesn't work. I even downloaded the YSMenu folder you were talking about.

Not to say that what you said is complete BS, but it's seeming to me that you threw a lot of people off saying that, and that Moonshell2 actually is required. (which is why there should be a video walkthrough of this whole thing)

Also, when I ran r4.bat, it said Error: dldi-head not found... does that have something to do with it?

TGBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
After a lot of trial and error and patience
smile.gif

I formatted with the Panasonic SD Formatter on my SanDisk microSD 1GB card
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603

and

I used this and followed the instructions here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7232

Now it gets past the select file sav screen and works fine.

Hope someone finds this useful
yaynds.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JODIsBack said:
loesjoel said:
Can I step in and say this whole work around is a little more bloated than necessary (potentially)?

I performed the only following steps to put YsMenu on my R4 and the game works excellently (for the 30 or so minutes I've played, including saving and reloading saves).

Download YSMenu - http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ (It's YSMenu 0903211700)
Download R4ysauto - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?djfhhydhmmm

9.) Create a new directory on your desktop called "r4ysauto" without the quote marks.

10. Extract the contents of the r4ysauto package you downloaded into this directory.

11.) Copy the YSMenu package you downloaded into the "r4ysauto" directory. - Rename YSMenu0903211700 to YSMenu0903270000

12.) Run r4config.bat and answer the questions with these answers,
Code:
Language: EN
Flashcart: R4
Overwrite: Yes
Skin: No
YSMenu Language: EN
Ways To Install YSMenu: 1
Automatic Updates: Off

13.) Run r4.bat. This will produce "R4_custom_English.zip" - this now also creates a _DS_MENU.DAT.

14.) Extract the files of this archive into the root of your card.

18.) Copy and paste the Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story ROM onto the cart.

19.) Remove the MicroSD from the PC and put it in the R4.

20.) Boot up the game obviously.

I skipped all the other steps in the tutorial and my Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside Story seems to work perfectly. Can anyone with experience tell me why this walkthrough suggests using MoonShell? Will I run into problems down the road just launching the game straight through YsMenu?

May I ask what website/link did you download your M&L rom from? I followed EVERY STEP and it STILL doesn't work. I even downloaded the YSMenu folder you were talking about.

Not to say that what you said is complete BS, but it's seeming to me that you threw a lot of people off saying that, and that Moonshell2 actually is required. (which is why there should be a video walkthrough of this whole thing)

Also, when I ran r4.bat, it said Error: dldi-head not found... does that have something to do with it?

ROM Links are NOT allowed.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
bowsers story boots fine, saves fine and plays perfectly with ysmenu, BUT when you get the the part controlling giant bowser there is another poracy check that freezes the game. tested 10 times now. my brother is stuck at that part.

any ideas?

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
if you have applied the patch to it, you shouldnt get a freeze, your the first person ive come across with this, are you and your brother using the same download?
Try download a new ROM

kirokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh...

Can anyone help me out here?

1. Why do some games work while others don't when using the cool MS2 menu, but most of them work on the ugly YSMenu?

2. Why can't I load Language.nds file? I tried on both menus but it just won't work...

3. I dled some skins for the MS2 Menu, however where to put them at im not sure.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried it with no luck on my genuine 1st gen R4, using a2h's 1.5.1 builder and YSMenu0903270000.zip

xpa-mal3.nds will load fine but gets stuck at the save select screen. What am I doing wrong?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
jelbo said:
Tried it with no luck on my genuine 1st gen R4, using a2h's 1.5.1 builder and YSMenu0903270000.zip

xpa-mal3.nds will load fine but gets stuck at the save select screen. What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the right version of the DSTT firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc